What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Expectations '13-'14

I've said it in other threads. I predict Dinwiddie gone. Then XJ would be higher than Dre. So I'm going with Dinwiddie 100% gone, XJ 50/50 and Dre 75% back.

Quit looking at the draft boards....

I've said it in other threads. I predict Dinwiddie gone. Then XJ would be higher than Dre. So I'm going with Dinwiddie 100% gone, XJ 50/50 and Dre 75% back.

XJ 50/50? No

Also not convinced Spencer is leaving

Maybe you remember prior to the CU at AZ game, Miles Simon had spoke with Sean Miller and Miller said that Dinwiddie is the most pro ready player in Pac 12....take that for what its worth. Miller knows his BBall. Now we also know Shabazz will be drafted Higher, but again NBA looks at potential. Dinwiddie is pro to-type 6'6"....

Maybe you remember prior to the CU at AZ game, Miles Simon had spoke with Sean Miller and Miller said that Dinwiddie is the most pro ready player in Pac 12....take that for what its worth. Miller knows his BBall. Now we also know Shabazz will be drafted Higher, but again NBA looks at potential. Dinwiddie is pro to-type 6'6"....

That may be but Dinwiddie could very well be a top 10 pick next year. There's a big difference in your contract from being a late 1st round selection vs. a top 10 pick.

XJ is nowhere near a draft worthy player at this point. I doubt he is in anyones top 200 big board at this point.

If Spencer leaves, Tad needs to look hard for a grad transfer at the point. He doesn't need to be a star, but somebody who can run the offense. I still can't believe we're talking about the Mayor possibly leaving though.

If Spencer leaves, Tad needs to look hard for a grad transfer at the point. He doesn't need to be a star, but somebody who can run the offense. I still can't believe we're talking about the Mayor possibly leaving though.

we have a transfer point guard redshirting.

I think people are reading too much into Spencer's twitter feed. If he goes to the NBA, it's going to be on potential, not performance.

Nelson? You think he'd run the point?

He certainly wouldn't start, he could probably give you a few minutes and get the team across the half-court line where everybody stands around anyway, so he wouldn't have much directing to do. I think the point was that there is some depth at the position (even if it's not quality depth). You'd have Ski, Talton, Eli and Nelson all theoretically able to run the point.

Nothing to do with his twitter, but this isn't out of realm of possibility.

It's certainly not impossible. The draft is weak, especially at the top. He really struggled at the end of the year tho. Is any GM going to have the cajones to take someone that shot under 30% the last 9 games?

It'd be good news for the program if it happened

He certainly wouldn't start, he could probably give you a few minutes and get the team across the half-court line where everybody stands around anyway, so he wouldn't have much directing to do. I think the point was that there is some depth at the position (even if it's not quality depth). You'd have Ski, Talton, Eli and Nelson all theoretically able to run the point.
Hopkins?

OK, fair enough. I haven't seen him in practice, but I'd have a hard time counting on a former walk-on to NM, who's now played 1 season of JC ball in his 4 years since graduating HS. I'd add Hopkins to your list too, but I'd feel a lot better knowing we were going into next year with someone who's proven themselves a little more at the D1 level.

OK, fair enough. I haven't seen him in practice, but I'd have a hard time counting on a former walk-on to NM, who's now played 1 season of JC ball in his 4 years since graduating HS. I'd add Hopkins to your list too, but I'd feel a lot better knowing we were going into next year with someone who's proven themselves a little more at the D1 level.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a good option, but it's an option. SHT averaged 9 mins a game this year. Sometimes your options just suck.

Without dre: top 4 defense in PAC 12, 20 reg season wins. Top 4 reg season PAC 12, in and out of top 25

with dre: top 10 defense nationally, top 10 rebounding margin nationally. Top 25 for over half the year, top 4 reg season PAC. Sweet 16. Beat all ooc teams along front range. 1 home loss max

No, where is Hopkins? Nelson won't play. Hopkins has more PG skill than any of those other guys.

Med - your reading too much into where he was recruited as a high school JR, Hopkins is not coming here to run the point he's a scorer, that transition in his game is why he's dropped in some of the recruiting ranks over the course of his Sr year. A 6'5' PG who can handle, score and create for others which is what people thought hopkins was inflated his ranks early. Coming into this year though it because clear he's more of a big combo guard who can score and occasionally create for others.

This team has to keep improving at winning on the road. There were flashes of improvement, and also some complete and utter 'meh' performances. Have to get more consistency and effectiveness on the road with an older team.

Rare nice article by, cough, K, cough, Kiszla today. Not going to link it though. Don't want to get sued.

Back