What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Expectations for next year?

Spencer is 6'4"-6'5" and is fine. Ski is fine because he can drive and shoot the three ball. Their size is fine.

I agree. Like I said, I love their games. Freaking love them, awesome to watch. In my perfect world, which obviously doesn't exist based on last nights results, each would be a couple inches taller and 20 pounds heavier. They would be unstoppable.

The problem with next year is it is a big unknown. People (including me) will always make conservative predictions if uncertainty is high. I think Austin graduating hurts us the most. I don't really believe Carlon added much to this squad until the last month, when he was obviously huge. Nate seemed to turn it on too, but man he drove me crazy the first dozen or so games. The good news is that Ski and Spencer should just take a lot of Carlon and Nate's minutes and I think they are better players than the seniors. The bad news is we don't know who is gonna step-up in Austin's place. Hopefully one or more of the freshmen bigs.

I keep thinking UA is gonna be real tough to beat next year in the Pac-12, but they had a sweet recruiting class last year too and it worked out to a first-round NIT exit. Other than his recruiting ability, color me unimpressed with Sean Miller.

Last edited:
Hard to predict the future with so many teams recruiting classes not complete and we are not sure who is leaving early/staying. I expect Colorado to compete or win the Pac-12 regular season Title, but the Pac-12 tourney title is harder to predict because its all about whos hot at the right time.

Well, we lost a lot of our scoring and still made the dance this year. With how good of a coach Tad is, we need to aim higher as fans.

(To AZ. Forgot to quote and too lazy to go back)

Well, we lost a lot of our scoring and still made the dance this year. With how good of a coach Tad is, we need to aim higher as fans.

(To AZ. Forgot to quote and too lazy to go back)

With regard to our rebound this year after losing Burks, I think I said something similar to what you're saying. You have to remember you're asking a fanbase that is hardly accustomed to NCAA appearances to aim higher. I was barely in puberty the last time CU won an NCAA tournament game. I think long-term, the majority of us have higher expectations, but next year is a big unknown at this point.

With regard to our rebound this year after losing Burks, I think I said something similar to what you're saying. You have to remember you're asking a fanbase that is hardly accustomed to NCAA appearances to aim higher. I was barely in puberty the last time CU won an NCAA tournament game. I think long-term, the majority of us have higher expectations, but next year is a big unknown at this point.
So was this year and Boyle proved his worth. We have seen how good of a coach Boyle is and how he gets the most out of his players and with the players we have coming in, it won't be unexpected to get better results next season than we did this year. We lacked a #2 big man. Dufault wasn't physical enough and Tunks is just bad. Scott and Gordon will be a god send, especially on the defensive end and we'll have a post game with Scott and a post game in the works with Gordon.

Can someone fill me in about Mills. It seemed last night we got killed on the boards, I know he doesn't appear to be a super athlete but you can't take away being 7 ft.

Can someone fill me in about Mills. It seemed last night we got killed on the boards, I know he doesn't appear to be a super athlete but you can't take away being 7 ft.
When he's as big as a twig it doesn't matter.

Sure. He has made measurable improvements throughout the year, but if he is playing more than ten to fifteen minutes a game for us next year, we're in trouble.

Beat Baylor in Charleston

Haha, not those d-bags again!

If the Pac sucks again I hope our non conf schedule is tough. Tough but fair.

Ultimately? Get in the tourney to either Austin, KC, SLC, or San Jose, send a bunch of crazy fans, win some games, and go to the final for in ATL. Beat Duke in the final four and Kansas in the national championship. That should about do it.

Haha, not those d-bags again!

If the Pac sucks again I hope our non conf schedule is tough. Tough but fair.

Ultimately? Get in the tourney to either Austin, KC, SLC, or San Jose, send a bunch of crazy fans, win some games, and go to the final for in ATL. Beat Duke in the final four and Kansas in the national championship. That should about do it.
There is not a snowball's chance in hell that the Pac 12 is as bad again as it was this year. I don't think their will be a dominant team, but three or four very good teams (CU, Arizona, UCLA, and maybe OSU or UW).

That's fine but with the emphasis the selection committee dopes put on non conf scheduling, it's important that we play some good teams early. Plus I selfishly like scheduling tough games in bball and football for my entertainment.

I think the question should be expectations for the next one, three and five years. Next year? Unknown but momentum building. Depends on the recruiting class contributing. Recruiting should continue to improve. Year three should be 20 + wins, top 1/3 of the the PAC and NCAA above the bubble. Year 5, top 15 rating, Dance trip and a 3 or 5 seed or better. I'm an optimist.

Rumblings around Boulder and people I've talked to.

Not to be a dick, but if this is true, awesome. Shane seems like a good enough guy, but I've never been more frustrated with a single player's game than this guy. Whoever came up with Shane Misses-Dunks needs to be repped again.

Not to be a dick, but if this is true, awesome. Shane seems like a good enough guy, but I've never been more frustrated with a single player's game than this guy. Whoever came up with Shane Misses-Dunks needs to be repped again.
I think it's Sharpe and Mills possibly leaving, not Tunks. And I agree that he really annoyed me towards the beginning of the year, but I think he started playing a lot smarter later in the season and contributed well. I would actually consider him a relatively valuable rotation guy for next year. with Sharpe, although he may not have played the best, I kind of hope Tad can keep him around for at least one more season. Were gonna be weak at the point next year, and neither Ski or Spencer are true points. If Tad can really work with Sharpe, I think he could help to replace Tomlinson.

I have no idea what to expect next year.

2 years ago we had a new coach. We didn't blaze a trail in the OOC, but out of the blue, beat kjsu(x2), mizzery, and uTerus in conference leading to a 20-win season. Then the shoe dropped and the team was relegated to the NIT. I figured the snub would be too much to overcome, but lo and behold, the team wrecked its way to the tourney final four in MSG. Never saw any of that coming. Before the season, I thot we'd be mediocre at best.

This season looked bleak - we lost most of our offensive production. We then lost the most ballyhooed of the 3 incoming frosh. I figured we were in for a long season, and hoped for another NIT bid. This team learned how to impose its will, did well in conference, and then won the conference title by winning 4 games in 4 days. Big Dance, here we come! Never saw any of this happening as well. What a great ride!

Next year -- I have no flippin' idea. A few things I do know; we have one helluva coach, the beginnings of a great following, and the attention of a lot of other schools, both in and out of conference.

I have no idea what to expect next year.

2 years ago we had a new coach. We didn't blaze a trail in the OOC, but out of the blue, beat kjsu(x2), mizzery, and uTerus in conference leading to a 20-win season. Then the shoe dropped and the team was relegated to the NIT. I figured the snub would be too much to overcome, but lo and behold, the team wrecked its way to the tourney final four in MSG. Never saw any of that coming. Before the season, I thot we'd be mediocre at best.

This season looked bleak - we lost most of our offensive production. We then lost the most ballyhooed of the 3 incoming frosh. I figured we were in for a long season, and hoped for another NIT bid. This team learned how to impose its will, did well in conference, and then won the conference title by winning 4 games in 4 days. Big Dance, here we come! Never saw any of this happening as well. What a great ride!

Next year -- I have no flippin' idea. A few things I do know; we have one helluva coach, the beginnings of a great following, and the attention of a lot of other schools, both in and out of conference.
We beat the Purple Pussies three times.

I think we are a better team next year. Whether that means moving up in the conference or not remains to be seen. We do lose some contributing seniors but the talent is still increasing and basketball is one sport where freshman can come in and make a difference right away.

Back