What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

explaining baylor?

Thats the Killer Bees. Jumpin Jim Bruznell and B. Brian Blair.

Brunzel must have gone on the roids by then. He was never that big of a guy. It really changed his appearance. I remember him from his days with Greg Gagne (see my post) and he looked nothing like the guy in your picture.

Dead+On.bmp

When explaining Baylor, its not a bad idea calling out some of BU's famous ideas and alumni.

Idea 1: Intelligent design. Baylor's Michael Polanyi Center for Complexity, Information and Design is a university department funded to challenge and perhaps debunk evolution.

a6934893-c2ce-55a3.jpg

Idea 2: Cannibal Hannibal Lector and serial killer Buffalo Bill is a creation from the mind of Baylor alumnus Thomas Harris. It puts the lotion on itself...
a6934893-c189-2185.jpg

a6934893-c26b-6df4.jpg

Idea 3: Ventrilloquists are still funny. Comedian Jeff Dunham is a BU alum who perfected the scitzophenia of his alma mater by embodying a decent human being while channelling his inner asshole through a crusty puppet. If only that puppet had the likeness of Buddy Jones or Kenneth Starr, the.charade would be complete.
a6934893-c32e-ca96.jpg

Idea 4: Baylor's most famous alumnus is a pot-hound and avoids taxes. Mamma's don't let your children grow up to be cowboys. Put that in your pipe and smoke it next time a Baylor fan accuses CU of having a monopoly on bong rips.
a6934898-c503-2275.jpg

Idea 5: ESPN Sports Center conspiracy driven by Baylor Alumni Trey Wingo and Matt Winer. It's unclear how much that Baylor education contributes to Wingo acting like he really knows what he talking about and has so much insight but he has no experience and only goes with the popular opinion while offering no experiencial or innovative thought.

a6934898-c784-045b.jpg

Idea 6: Ron Paul is a nutjob. The most compelling reason yet has come to light, which is sure to disappoint Allbuffs Tea Party supporters. The Republican presidental hopeful from Texas sent his son Rand to Baylor. Now the question is whether the Senator from Kentucky cheered on the Wildcats or the Bears last weekend during the elite 8 in Atlanta?
a693489d-d02d-8702.jpg

a693488f-cafb-a7e8.jpg

@ surveyor - Nebraska doesn't go to the NCAA basketball tourney. The McRibs and Larry the Cable Guy jokes will be funny again the next time CU plays aNUs. Until then, KNU is irrelevent around here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am left to assume that by "pretty good program historically before joining the Big 12," Nash was fixated on that .456 all-time winning percentage in the SWC.

If you remove Baylor's 50-123 record in the Big 12, their record is 491-418 which translates into a .540 winning percentage and if you looked at CFB Data Warehouse, that would place Baylor at about the very middle when it comes to all 120 FBS teams. Missouri and Air Force are in that middle point. Not great but still pretty good given that Baylor battled Arkansas, Texas, and Texas A&M for years on the gridiron. If Baylor was in a different conference where everyone wasn't so invested into football, it's reasonable to believe that their winning % would have been higher if they were placed into a conference where half the members were serious about football and the other half were serious about basketball.

I still don't like Baylor although. What I am simply pointing out that Baylor has made the investments (as Skidmark said) that put them at where they are right now because they don't answer to the state like CU has to answer to the state. This should be viewed as a positive sign for CU as CU has made the investment into basketball/volleyball and suppose the investment in football comes together, we do have better days to look ahead to.

At least we are still in the Pac-12 and that is what matters the most.

Has anyone everyseen Buffalo Bill and Dana Holgersen in the same room at the same time? No? Coicidence he took the West Virginia Job?

dana.jpg

If you remove Baylor's 50-123 record in the Big 12, their record is 491-418 which translates into a .540 winning percentage and if you looked at CFB Data Warehouse, that would place Baylor at about the very middle when it comes to all 120 FBS teams. Missouri and Air Force are in that middle point. Not great but still pretty good given that Baylor battled Arkansas, Texas, and Texas A&M for years on the gridiron. If Baylor was in a different conference where everyone wasn't so invested into football, it's reasonable to believe that their winning % would have been higher if they were placed into a conference where half the members were serious about football and the other half were serious about basketball.

I still don't like Baylor although. What I am simply pointing out that Baylor has made the investments (as Skidmark said) that put them at where they are right now because they don't answer to the state like CU has to answer to the state. This should be viewed as a positive sign for CU as CU has made the investment into basketball/volleyball and suppose the investment in football comes together, we do have better days to look ahead to.

1. If you remove 15 years of their history, things look better

2. "At about the very middle" = "pretty good program historically"

3. They would have been better in a different conference with teams not as good as the ones they faced

Please keep going...

:rofl:

Who would CU fans root for when it comes to CSU & Baylor? Something has to got to give. :lol:

Aside from not being able to tell them apart (same butt ugly colors for both schools), I can safely say I'd root for CSU (once I could figure out which one was which). It's not even close.

guys I just crunched some numbers and if you remove all of Baylor's losses, they are undefeated. Let me say that again. They have never lost a game EVER.

If you remove Baylor's 50-123 record in the Big 12, their record is 491-418 which translates into a .540 winning percentage and if you looked at CFB Data Warehouse, that would place Baylor at about the very middle when it comes to all 120 FBS teams.

Which, holy ****, is a huge flaw in logic, but IF you wanted to do that your numbers are wrong. Since the inception of the Big 12, Baylor's in conference record is 24-105 (this does NOT include OOC games). this makes their record 518-433 (.5447; 61st ALL TIME just ahead of Toledo). However, if you restricted your view to just Baylor's record against MWC, MAC and Sun Belt schools, their record is 16-2 (.8889; 1st ALL TIME). do you see the flaws in selective sampling?

If Baylor was in a different conference where everyone wasn't so invested into football, it's reasonable to believe that their winning % would have been higher if they were placed into a conference where half the members were serious about football and the other half were serious about basketball.

I'm confused as to how you measure this; does this mean overall success relative to peers in football vs basketball? Like all time winning percentages?

Do you mean programs like Kansas (3rd out of 334 all time winning percentage BB, 83rd out of 119 all time FB), Kansas State (79th out of 334 all time winning percentage BB, 110th out of 119 all time FB), Missouri (68th out of 334 all time winning percentage BB, 60th out of 119 all time FB), Oklahoma State (67th out of 334 all time winning percentage BB, 80th out of 119 all time FB)?

Simply put, Baylor is a mediocre program that has been to 18 bowls in the last 113 years.

Six ****ing pages! I should have ended this thread on page 1, there is no explanation for Bailer, it is in their gene pool or lack thereof.

I'm a little upset about this Willie Nelson thing, and I'm not even kidding.

One of my all-time favorite artists went to ****ing Baylor? I'm not giving up my Red-Headed Stranger LP, but it won't sound the same.

I'm not even sure I'll listed to Bruce Robison's fantastic What Would Willie Do? song the same way. What would Willie do? He'd go to some dirty Texas Baptist School, that's what Willie would do.

One of my all-time favorite artists went to ****ing Baylor? I'm not giving up my Red-Headed Stranger LP, but it won't sound the same.

I'm not even sure I'll listed to Bruce Robison's fantastic What Would Willie Do? song the same way. What would Willie do? He'd go to some dirty Texas Baptist School, that's what Willie would do.

If it helps, he never graduated. He dropped out to concentrate on his music. Which I take as a euphemism for "I'm tired of all you backstabbing, two faced preachy ****s. Later assjockeys."

If it helps, he never graduated. He dropped out to concentrate on his music. Which I take as a euphemism for "I'm tired of all you backstabbing, two faced preachy ****s. Later assjockeys."

This will get me through today.

Aside from not being able to tell them apart (same butt ugly colors for both schools), I can safely say I'd root for CSU (once I could figure out which one was which). It's not even close.

Yeah. That's not a hard one for me.

If they played Nebraska... nah, I can't go there. But that may be the one case where I wouldn't actively root against the Huskers. And I cheered for Penn State against them in the wake of the Sandusky scandal.

A friend sent me a video of Willie yesterday. I believe it was from back in the sixties, on Grand Ole' Opry. He was in a suit, coiffed hair, clean shaven. It didn't even look like him, until he stared to sing. Then there was no doubt. There is redemption in every human being. And Willie found true redemption, not the kind you get from preachin' and such.

Why else would you have to smoke that much weed? He's trying to forget. AND HE CAN'T!

Before enrolling at Baylor, Dr.Booger was in the airforce. Perhaps as an MP.

I should have started this reply with a warning to unchamber your sidearm.

Back