What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

explaining baylor?

66_1_b.jpg

Not going to comment on whether Baylor is cheating or not. Time will tell with that. At least with RG3, they were one of the only schools that recruited him to be a QB. He wasn't recruited as a QB at other places *coughUTcough*.

If anything, though, this shows just how much of an influence the admin has on having a top collegiate program. If we had that level of support our FB team would be better. Hopefully our admin learned with the exposure we had with the mens BB team this year how much sports have an impact on public perception as well as building school spirit. Those 50/100 people are going to be life long fans.

Not going to comment on whether Baylor is cheating or not. Time will tell with that. At least with RG3, they were one of the only schools that recruited him to be a QB. He wasn't recruited as a QB at other places *coughUTcough*.

If anything, though, this shows just how much of an influence the admin has on having a top collegiate program. If we had that level of support our FB team would be better. Hopefully our admin learned with the exposure we had with the mens BB team this year how much sports have an impact on public perception as well as building school spirit. Those 50/100 people are going to be life long fans.
Our admin will never condone the amount of "support" that Baylor's admin does.

Baylor would never cheat, their high moral standards would never let that happen.

Oh sorry, this is the school that tried to cover for a drug dealing basketball player who murdered a teammate, this is the school that fit right into the climate of the SWC with a history of falsifying academic records of football players.

If you take out the Big XII years they have a winning percentage of .540, and if you take out the Dan Hawkins era CU is still a national power. You are what you are. Baylor overall is a sub .500 program in football. Take away the gimee wins OOC over the years against Sun Belt Schools, WAC schools, etc. and you end up with a team that is well below average for a major conference team historically.

They do have a lot of nice new facilities, my question is do they have a lot of nice new fans to fill them. Baylor always seemed to be close or at the bottom of the Big XII in attendance with a lot of crowds in the 25-30k range for football. Build a wonderful new stadium and increase attendance by 20% and what do you have? 30-35k a game, not exactly something to make OU or UT tremble at the new power in the conference.

Interestingly enough, and maybe a better comment on the situation than I can make is that the site BaylorFans.com has a forum labeled "Scandal & Politics in Baylor Athletics. Says a lot about how they think of themselves.

Oh god, you should have seen this one hot chick. She was totally Italian...or maybe some kind of Spanish.

blackie
user-online.png
Baylor fan
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_highpos.png
(601 points)

Join DateNov 2009Posts669​

Guess we are the only school that does this. Yeah....right. The NCAA needs to quit worrying about phone calls and text messages. They can't control phones, text, twitts, and the like in this day and age. If recruits get too many contacts from coaches to the point that it is distracting to them, they will just cross the school off their list. That is what will control it, not some NCAA rule which every school violates.​

Great honorable Baptists.

Tip of the iceberg, IMO. No, I have absolutely no proof of that. Just an assertion that there's no way you can go from absolute dog**** to title contender in 4 years without cutting some big time corners.

+1. No proof, but Baylor has got to be SMU 2.0.

OK,

As an SMU grad I have some harsh feelings toward the NCAA and toward Bailer. Now it seems the two of them are looking to go at it so it makes me kind of happy. For the NCAA rules officianato's on the board: since Bailer committed a "Major" infraction while currently on probation, does that automatically mean the punishment will be severe? I would assume that if Bailer was on probation for illegally contacting recruits, and then had the incident of one player killing another player and trying to cover it up that the punishment would be extremely harsh (potential death penalty???), but since the events happened in reverse will that soften the punishment?

Does it make me old that I had to google who Selena Gomez is? Or is it mostly just pathetic that you guys are up to date on the stars from the Disney Channel? :lol:

So, we're establishing that she's got a history of making bad choices? I'm guessing there's some mental retardation at work here.....

Come on. man. She is ok. After all, Justin Beiber is her squeeze. Now, the real loser is....

images

Does it make me old that I had to google who Selena Gomez is? Or is it mostly just pathetic that you guys are up to date on the stars from the Disney Channel? :lol:

1) She's legal. 19 years old. Don't tell me you don't follow 19 year olds.
2) Kid skid is in her prime Disney viewing years. I'm playing the daddy card.

OK,

As an SMU grad I have some harsh feelings toward the NCAA and toward Bailer. Now it seems the two of them are looking to go at it so it makes me kind of happy. For the NCAA rules officianato's on the board: since Bailer committed a "Major" infraction while currently on probation, does that automatically mean the punishment will be severe? I would assume that if Bailer was on probation for illegally contacting recruits, and then had the incident of one player killing another player and trying to cover it up that the punishment would be extremely harsh (potential death penalty???), but since the events happened in reverse will that soften the punishment?

+1

But: You can take Baylor out of the Southwest Conference, but you can't take the Southwest Conference out of Baylor!

Back