1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explosive wide out Countryman readies for big decision

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by allbuffs, Aug 5, 2011.

1. allbuffs

allbuffs Administrator

Below is a preview of an article that BoulderBuff contributed to for calihighsports.com:

Click through for the remainder of his notes and comments.

2. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Screw Harvard. Go to Princeton. Or CU.

Honestly, a kid who is getting legit D-1 offers who ends up at an Ivy league school will absolutely tear up that league. There's maybe 10 guys in that entire league who could crack the two-deep at a middle of the road D-1 program. If he really wants to play against the best, the Ivy League won't give him that opportunity. I wonder if Stanford is interested? That's the best of both worlds, I would think.

3. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Haven't seen much on Stanford, but Northwestern is somewhat interested in him (no offer yet, though). I worry that even if we get him to commit, he'd still be receptive to a school that plays in a big time league, but also offers big time academics.

4. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

Good stuff BB! I'd love to see Countryman come to Boulder to play, but if he's got full ride offers from Ivy League schools, I'd think that would be very tough to turn down.

5. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

I think getting an Ivy League education is a far cry more important than playing in a better league, unless you are damn sure that you can make it to the NFL. Even then, you can make it to the NFL from an Ivy (see: Matt Birk), but probably with less fanfare (draft slot) and money.

Ivy recruitment interests me. Ivies don't allow athletic scholarships per se, but I would have to guess there is some fudging going on. I believe all of their scholarships, for athletes and non-athletes alike, are need-based only, though.

6. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

CU undergrad. Then Ivy graduate school imo

7. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Can we convince Jim Hansen to give him a call?

8. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

At least with Embree in charge, there's a chance of this (well, at least Embree referencing Hansen). If it were Hack, he'd just recommend that Cameron find a lunchpail.