1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook and recruits

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by FightCu1414, Jan 29, 2010.

1. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

Sorry if I put this in the wrong forum but this has been bothering me for awhile. What are your feelings towards fans adding these recruits on facebook, myspace or other communication sites. Personally, I can't stand it. I am friends with one of our recruits, but that's because I am actually his friend. I also feel for him because continuously people are telling him where to go that he doesn't even know. Thoughts?

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

You posted it in the right place.

And it's a good question that got me thinking, too.

How bad is it for these kids? Are they just getting bombarded with messages to the point where it stops being fun?

Sorry, but I'm kind of ignorant on this. I've got a Facebook page, but I haven't actually done anything with it yet (just created the account).

3. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

Strangers shouldn't be spamming guys with unwanted advice.

4. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I think if you add a recruit as a facebook friend, you have some issues. If you do any kind of recruiting/attempted influence, you not only have issues, but you're potentially setting your school up for recruiting violations. However, at the same time, the recruits don't have to accept friend requests. If they do, they have a lot of options on how much the incoming friend can see as well as options on how much they want to see about that friend. I think a lot of these guys like the attention, if they really don't want it, they can avoid a good deal of it.

5. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

:stupid:

6. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

This.

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I would bet at certain schools that good looking girls are encouraged to Friend recruiting prospects.

8. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

I am pretty sure the NCAA is trying to crack down on some of the facebook recruiting. I will not ever become a friend of a recruit. My occupation could cause problems with that as well. I do have a few facebook friends that are on the team though but I only communicate with the few that I actually know personally.

9. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Pimpin' ain't easy.

10. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

:lol:

11. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

:congrats:

I really can't imagine asking a recruit to add you as a friend on Facebook. That is so seriously pathetic.... :huh:

12. FightCu1414

thanks for the feedback. Ya this kid has over 700 friends which is definetly his fault. It just bugs me when he says he's going for a visit it blows up with people telling him where to go who he doesn't know. Thanks a lot.

13. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

Wispy you nailed it! People who add recruits are not friends and they do not care about the kids well being. Bottom line trust those u love and your own judgement is what I would pass on to any recruit NCAA athlete.

14. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Your buddy needs to grow a thicker skin if he's allowed 700 strangers to be his FB friend. I don't have FB so I don't really know what those are, but he should find a way to communicate with real friends and ignore all the idiots.

15. FightCu1414

ya definetly. Lot of it was his fault. But by guess was he was liking the whole recruiting process so he liked adding these people. Now it's coming back to bite him.

16. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

One of our recruits friend requested me, it was weird. And yes I'd like a cookie

17. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Its gay just like facebook.