What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Plans...

It will definitely not be a big attraction for recruiting players. But recruiting grants/donations/faculty support it will be a big deal.

And it may lead to some interesting, cutting edge technologies and training techniques that COULD appeal to players and have on-the-field benefits. I think more importantly, it provides a revenue stream, and keeps us in the good graces of the Boulder community (cause being active is cool, unless it is CU football) as well as providing a national and international draw for non-football athletes.

I hope they actually expand on it over the years and really commit to that idea.

Yeah, I was going to mention that as well. This will make CU pretty unique in the sports medicine and training arena. I'm not sure how that will effect recruiting, etc., but it'll make CU unique.

Is that like being "sorta pregnant"?

And it may lead to some interesting, cutting edge technologies and training techniques that COULD appeal to players and have on-the-field benefits. I think more importantly, it provides a revenue stream, and keeps us in the good graces of the Boulder community (cause being active is cool, unless it is CU football) as well as providing a national and international draw for non-football athletes.

I hope they actually expand on it over the years and really commit to that idea.

The possibilities for this are endless. If they REALLY want to take this to the next level, they could establish an aquatics center. The benefits of training at altitude are just as good for distance swimmers as they are for distance runners. And in swimming, there's really only two distances that are considered sprints. Everything else requires some kind of pacing.

It will definitely not be a big attraction for recruiting players. But recruiting grants/donations/faculty support it will be a big deal.

Disagree this is huge for endurance sports and skiing i get that it is not as important in football, but even Tad leverage these types of services last year for his players when two of the frosh came in sucking wind. Those two guys still talk about how cool it was to get a workup and find out it was nutritional issues and not that they couldnt hack it at the NCAA training level.

It also builds on having a cutting edge S&C program that we can sell to recruits as something we will do for them, something the top athletes in the world do for themselves, that others in the pac dont yet do.

Differentiation is key in sales.

Disagree this is huge for endurance sports and skiing i get that it is not as important in football, but even Tad leverage these types of services last year for his players when two of the frosh came in sucking wind. Those two guys still talk about how cool it was to get a workup and find out it was nutritional issues and not that they couldnt hack it at the NCAA training level.

It also builds on having a cutting edge S&C program that we can sell to recruits as something we will do for them, something the top athletes in the world do for themselves, that others in the pac dont yet do.

Differentiation is key in sales.

Cheap fabric, and dim lighting. That's how you move merchandise

Is that like being "sorta pregnant"?

No, it's not. In that context, pregnancy is a binary attribute. While, 'unique' implies "like no other", one can be unique by varying degrees.

My dad's a wannabe grammar nazi and we've had this debate a few times.

No, it's not. In that context, pregnancy is a binary attribute. While, 'unique' implies "like no other", one can be unique by varying degrees.

My dad's a wannabe grammar nazi and we've had this debate a few times.

I know that as of late, there has been a movement to re-define "unique" as "unusual". The two are not the same thing, though. We can't just change the meanings of words to suit our own laziness when it comes to the English Language. Unique is binary. Something either is, or it is not unique.

I know that as of late, there has been a movement to re-define "unique" as "unusual". The two are not the same thing, though. We can't just change the meanings of words to suit our own laziness when it comes to the English Language. Unique is binary. Something either is, or it is not unique.

I agree that something either is, or is not unique, but that doesn't mean it can't be unique by varing degrees.

If I own 10 pairs of jeans, 8 of which are light blue, one of which is dark blue and one of which is green with purple paisley splotches, it's both meaningful as well as grammatically correct to state that in my wardrobe, the purple paisley jeans are "more unique" than the dark blue jeans.

If 10 politicians have ideas on how to solve the immigration problem, and 8 of those ideas involve increasing immigration enforcement speding by $2B, one idea involves throwing another $3B at it and one politician's idea involves reducing spending on immigration enforcement by $2B, it's both meaningful as well as grammatically correct to state that the latter two ideas are both unique, but the last idea is most unique.

nothing better than pissing away time on a Friday afternoon with a pedantic grammar discussion. Hey, four weeks from today we'll have something better to piss away the time. Nothing would be more cool than to tailgate at Mile High and debate the finer nuances of the English language.

I think hokie's take is more unique than sacky's. :wink2: Sacky is right, though. Discussion over.

In-season mode. Let's not debate this in a facilities thread.

You can't be especially one of a kind any more than you can be a little bit one of a kind. There aren't varying degrees of unique. You either are or you aren't. If something can be extra unique, does that mean something else can be almost unique?

And doesn't mean it didn't come through. We wouldn't hear any mention of it unless specifically asked.

And doesn't mean it didn't come through. We wouldn't hear any mention of it unless specifically asked.

If being a Buffs fan was a pagan religion, then rain, sun, wind, snow, sleet, hail and all phases of the moon would be portents of DOOM.

Whizzer's a 19th century Russian poet!

wg:
images

anymore upgrades on the horizon? I would love if they matched the west side of the stadium to look similar to what they did on the NE side and the champions center.

Back