What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities - Public Phase Begins and New Details emerge

If they break ground tomorrow I will be happy. This is a step in the right direction, but difficult to determine how big a step.

The IPF location is going to cause a $*** storm. Eliminating family student housing for football won't go over well with some. Unless their is a plan to replace that housing somewhere else, like East campus or Will Ville.

The IPF location is going to cause a $*** storm. Eliminating family student housing for football won't go over well with some. Unless their is a plan to replace that housing somewhere else, like East campus or Will Ville.
sounds like they are gonna get rid of the houses and replace them with a high density building in the remaining space. probably the same number of "units" but less space used.

Family housing needs to be renovated badly anyway.

I love that the IPF is going to be by those fields. Leaves a lot more design room.

As a former resident of family housing, it's time for them to upgrade those buildings too.

Guessing this is part of the reason why the IPF is third on the list.

I can't wait for Balch renno. My seats are in 104 and I pay $1250 every year for my pair. Balch is embarrassing. Not to mention crowded. I don't like bringing friends through there if its their first time to CU. plus traveling from omaha sucks too

Good news. Obviously a timeframe matters here, but this is a big step. Would love to see the AD use the spring game to their advantage as it relates to this announcement.

I can't wait for Balch renno. My seats are in 104 and I pay $1250 every year for my pair. Balch is embarrassing. Not to mention crowded. I don't like bringing friends through there if its their first time to CU. plus traveling from omaha sucks too

I agree. I had seats in 105 for a few years before moving to the west side. One of the biggest reasons was that the bathrooms were terrible. When your wife comes back all pissed off because there was no hot water and half the toilets were backed up, you know it is time something needed to be done. That was four years ago.

Balch was embarrassing in 1985, for ****'s sake.

So the delay was finding an open space big enough to accommodate the vision, while organizing a replacement for existing married student housing? That would be a decent enough reason.

Kudos to the University leadership for making the vision public, so we can fully understand what we're supporting.

I'm pretty excited for this project!

For those that have been lucky enough to avoid it, the CU-Boulder facebook feed's announcement of the plan didn't go over well with a lot of people. The replies are pretty frustrating to read. Lots people wishing the money would be spent elsewhere, the team doesn't deserve it, why don't they concentrate on academics, my tuition is going to pay for this, etc., yada, yada

Anyways, thought this response below by Bronson Hilliard(CU Director of Media Relations) was a nice way to explain the whole situation, even to those who don't like sports(NERDS):

CU-Boulder has erected more than $700 million in construction related to academics and student life over the last decade. Some of the buildings you're talking about are state-funded buildings, and the state hasn't been able to give us any funding for their upkeep and retrofit. But we're constantly looking for revenue sources for these purposes as well. The University, to be successful, has to invest both in our academic operations and in our enterprises like athletics. We don't have the luxury to ignore one in favor of the other -- we have to do both, for the reasons that Bill articulated above. Also, NO TUITION MONEY OR STATE FUNDING is used for these projects, period.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/cuboulder

Last edited:
Wow some truly ignorant people on their. May be time to bust out the study of athletics improving academics.

Rep as well for TD when I get home.

Moving the IPF to that location has to result in a huge savings versus trying to build it on the side of a cliff. The cost of shoring and engineering alone would have been astronomical not to mention much more restrictive to size and design.

I received the e-mail announcing this improvement and I'm struck that there is not an option to donate right on that mailing. I understand you can get to it, but still, they need to place a link to donate to the project right there on the announcement.

For those that have been lucky enough to avoid it, the CU-Boulder facebook feed's announcement of the plan didn't go over well with a lot of people. The replies are pretty frustrating to read. Lots people wishing the money would be spent elsewhere, the team doesn't deserve it, why don't they concentrate on academics, my tuition is going to pay for this, etc., yada, yada

Anyways, thought this response below by Bronson Hilliard(CU Director of Media Relations) was a nice way to explain the whole situation, even to those who don't like sports(NERDS):

http://www.facebook.com/#!/cuboulder

Well done retort to the liberal hippies around there. **** you hippies!

47 comments on ESPN story. Sweet! Nobody gives a rat's ass until (or if) we start winning.

:thumbsup:

So Ringo makes this asshole twitter in response to the CUnit-
There is no expected start date. All depends on CU fans donating first $50 million. Ball in fans' court.

OK. I get it. Need more than just the big money guys to pony up, but does that seriously mean NOTHING starts until that $50M (starting from jack ****) is reached? If so, BAD plan - can at least get ground broken on the improving the foundtion of the stadium to show they're serious.

Also, the AD needs to (and this is not the first time I've said this) invest in a PR director. Plati is a great SID but sucks at PR and Ringo is certainly the last person who should be trying to get donors/alumni excited. He's a jackass.

All that said, thank God the announcement FINALLY happened. Have to look into joining the Buff Club now and maybe buying a couple of tickets that OU and Hawt can use since I won't be able to afford airline tickets from Va Beach to Denver.

Per a local columnist on twitter, Phase 1 and 2 combined cost 39$ million.

Per Reedmarks, 25$million pledged already.
So, 1 & 2 are almost paid for and they will use those to generate excitement and donations for 3 & 4?

So, 1 & 2 are almost paid for and they will use those to generate excitement and donations for 3 & 4?

Hey....now is the time for you to sell your stash. Good start to finance 3 and 4.

Back