What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Facilities Upgrades!

I cannot wait for them to break ground on this. They are way past planning and way past design phase. Models like this (detailed) dont get built until you have a close to finished product

True, but they are also built to impress clients. A lot of the time these models are built very early in the design/planning process without any major financing or approvals as well. There are many hurdles to clear before this is a reality. Models like this is what I get paid for.

That being said I hope this does continue to evolve and move forward. Exciting to see ideas visualized.

True, but they are also built to impress clients. A lot of the time these models are built very early in the design/planning process without any major financing or approvals as well. There are many hurdles to clear before this is a reality. Models like this is what I get paid for.

That being said I hope this does continue to evolve and move forward. Exciting to see ideas visualized.
My senior level design course I just completed showed the different stages in modeling, which I am sure you are well aware of. I feel like the amount of detail in this one puts it past the concept stage. I dont think we are looking at ground breaking with in 6 or 8 months but I think we see something happening within the next year.

The story I've heard is that they want to break ground next Spring and have it completed in time for the 2014 season. There's going to be a lot of prep work needed, because there isn't any ground to build in to on the NE side. That all has to be in-fill or steel into caissons. They'll need to deal with a pretty shallow water table, too. It's going to be an engineering challenge.

The story I've heard is that they want to break ground next Spring and have it completed in time for the 2014 season. There's going to be a lot of prep work needed, because there isn't any ground to build in to on the NE side. That all has to be in-fill or steel into caissons. They'll need to deal with a pretty shallow water table, too. It's going to be an engineering challenge.

They also have to demolish and reestablish that recycling center somewhere

Paging DBT

The water table is really going to come into effect if they are putting in a parking garage. Thats going to make life very difficult.

Nice. I wanna see that model from different angles. Hopefully more pics surface soon.

They also have to demolish and reestablish that recycling center somewhere

That part is easy. They'll likely move it to the East Campus. Lots of space out there. That's what I'd do, anyway. No reason to keep it on the main campus.

That part is easy. They'll likely move it to the East Campus. Lots of space out there. That's what I'd do, anyway. No reason to keep it on the main campus.
Good Point. This thing being rumored to be done by 2014 would be insane. No wonder we were recruiting so well this year on a 3-10 record

The water table is really going to come into effect if they are putting in a parking garage. Thats going to make life very difficult.

Not as much as you might expect. I worked right next to the One Boulder Plaza building when it was getting built. Both buildings, actually. They each have 2-3 levels subterranian parking. They build a "tub" of sorts that keeps the water out, then fill in with concrete. It takes a while, and there's a ton of concrete and steel they need to use.

Not as much as you might expect. I worked right next to the One Boulder Plaza building when it was getting built. Both buildings, actually. They each have 2-3 levels subterranian parking. They build a "tub" of sorts that keeps the water out, then fill in with concrete. It takes a while, and there's a ton of concrete and steel they need to use.
I figured thats what they would do, just going to be expensive/time consuming

Anybody else notice that all the seats are gold? Is that for real, or was it just easier to do it in the model, I wonder.

Anybody else notice that all the seats are gold? Is that for real, or was it just easier to do it in the model, I wonder.

For a model already that detailed, incorporating silver seats should not be a problem. My guess is they intend to make it all gold.

any concerns that an underground garage would be built so close to Boulder Creek where the 100 year flood is well overdue ??

For a model already that detailed, incorporating silver seats should not be a problem. My guess is they intend to make it all gold.
It either is going to be all gold, or that was a detail they felt they could leave out

any concerns that an underground garage would be built so close to Boulder Creek where the 100 year flood is well overdue ??

With the enterance to the garage so far above the flood plain, I think they are ok

The big down side to this plan is it takes away the tailgating on the field. In my opinion, it is one of the greatest tailgate spots in collage football. It would be a big loss to the game day experience.
Put that beautiful building somewhere else if you ask me.

The big down side to this plan is it takes away the tailgating on the field. In my opinion, it is one of the greatest tailgate spots in collage football. It would be a big loss to the game day experience.

what the hell is all that green stuff south of the building then? :lol:

All of Franklin Field is still there. How would this affect tailgating?

EDIT: Apparently I'm not the only one who was confused.

Last edited:
I understand your concern but I think it may be better than you think. Look at the model again and now look at this over head shot.

Capture.PNG

Franklin will be just fine.

How about all the trees blocking the field? :wow: and the field is now 1/3 shorter which means less cars on field, even if they let them on. which equals a less festive atmosphere.

Sorry - but I'd rather have a state-of-the art facility than a sweet tailgating spot. Football recruits do not care about festive tailgating.

How about all the trees blocking the field? :wow: and the field is now 1/3 shorter which means less cars on field, even if they let them on. which equals a less festive atmosphere.

I think 1/3 is a large exaggeration. Also the concept maps I have seen look like they want to maintain the tailgating experience. And aren't there trees overruns there already??

no way that is serious.

Back