1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FACT: Talkins has the 3rd worst winning percentage of any CU Head Football coach..

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by JimmyBuff, Nov 16, 2009.

1. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

stole this from griffin's blog, thought I needed to create another thread just to further outline how pathetic this program has become. .

And to think morons like Woelk aren't sure that change is the right move at this time. What more proof do you need to see that Talkins ain't cutting it?

Anyone who believes this man deserves another year is either a ****er fan or truly someone who is completely clueless about football.

HE'S GOT TO GO BOHN..

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/...hes-searching-for-a-head-coaching-replacement

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Re: FACT: Talkins has the 3rd worst winning percentage of any CU Head Football coach.

I don't understand how Mac could publicly support this guy.

Everything Mac worked so hard to build has been completely obliterated by this jackass, right back to where we were...

3. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Re: FACT: Talkins has the 3rd worst winning percentage of any CU Head Football coach.

Oh im sorry my friend but the slide you speak of started long, long, long before Coach Hawkins arrived. So much so that Mac's hand picked successor was handedly rejected within days of being named.

To be far I believe Mac has supported all 3 coaches that followed him.

4. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I am kind of surprised he is #3

5. MiamiBuffs

Bud Davis, who I believe, according to Buffalo30, was handed that $hit sandwich and did more than expected with it. Bud Davis was interim coach, his only coaching season was that year, with NCAA sanctions in hand from resigning Sonny Grandelius. Eddie Crowder followed him.

Davis went on to author the book "Glory Colorado! A history of the University of Colorado, 1858-1963" and held the title of Chancellor and President of numerous institutions including LSU, Oregon, Idaho, and New Mexico.

Once you take out the one season guys Its Fairbanks and Hawkins.

6. ThndringHerd

ThndringHerd Well-Known Member

Pop Quiz:

Who is the all-time losingest coach in CU football history?

[HIDE]It's Mac. Lost 55 games in 13 years. Hawk is #2[/HIDE]

7. MiamiBuffs

This just goes to show you how stats can be twisted. I could be wrong but he was also the longest serving if not the 2nd longest tenured head coach at CU. Further, he played more games per season than the other guy I am thinking of did.

Edit: I was right. Hidden is the 2nd longest serving cu coach. The longest serving guy was there 15 seasons.

8. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Hawk is the first coach to go 4 straight losing seasons here.

9. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

So with our next coach, if he doesn't do well, we will get people saying, "He's not as bad as the last guy!!"

10. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Unless he goes 5:smile2:

11. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

That ruins the Presidential connection...damn.