What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fact: We win 10 games (part 1)

B1Buff

FACT: Colorado will win the Big 12 North…

• Match-ups - The only team that will give CU serious matchup problems on the schedule is OSU (yeah, I said it). Surprisingly, CU and Texas are very similar teams…the difference is the quantity of talent on the 2 teams; UT has a LOT of depth on both sides of the ball. With UT playing OU the week after us, there is a strong possibility we will get overlooked. Schedule breakdown in terms of Match-ups:

CSU – laughable; too many question marks on offense to be effective and the defense is not big or strong enough to last 4 quarters against our big O-line and downhill running attack. No question…BIG WIN. W 51-17 (1-0/0-0)

Toledo – The rocket offense plays right in to our strength in the secondary and there defense is, again, too small to keep up. The only question mark in this game will be the 3-day prep prior to a long road trip. Talent alone wins this one with a few major hiccups in what is expected by many to be a gimme game. W 41-27 (2-0/0-0)

Wyoming – To put it simply, CSU will destroy Wyo. There is not a single position match-up in Wyo’s favor. A lot of backups will see game time in this one to get ready for WVU. This will be a big win over a bottom of the barrel MWC team. W 56-10 (3-0/0-0)

WVU – Fresh off of 2 tough games against East Carolina and Auburn, WVU will get some needed rest and the same prep time for this match-up. The game is in Morgantown and they are going to be fired up after last years heartbreaker. WVU may give us match-up issues in the secondary with 6-8 WR Wes Lyons and a qb that can get it there. Our LBs should be able to keep Noel Devine in check with a struggling O-line. If we can keep pressure on Jarrett Brown, we may be able to force some turnovers. Offensively, a downhill running attack could present issues against WVUs 3-3-5 Defense; I wouldn’t expect big gains on the ground, but consistent, steady drives. This one will be another close, low scoring affair, the kicking game and special teams are going to be big in this one. No overtime win, but we will need to stop a late drive to win. W 27-21, (4-0/0-0)

Texas – This one has the makings of something great, a really good set-up and match-up for the buffs. Offensively the two teams are quite similar, the horns will run the ball a lot with a lot of intermediate passes and screens. Their Offense is better, but this will be UTs first challenge of the season, so expect some stumbles from UT. Defensively UT is stout; the passing game will be critical as well and we cannot abandon the run. We match-up surprisingly well in a- winnable game, but UTs depth will be the deciding factor as the Buffs keep it closer than expected. L 34-24 (4-1/0-1)

Kansas – Good match-ups on both sides of the ball in this one. With a good quarterback and good receivers for Kansas but a questionable offensive line and ground game, KUs offense plays in to the strength of our defense. The secondary will be tested but the LBs will give the KU offense fits with a strong blitz package keeping pressure on Reesing. The Buffs, offensively, should be able to make things happen in the air and on the ground against a struggling KU defense. This one has the makings of a shoot-out, but key stops on defense and a consistent, unpredictable offense win a close one for the Buffs. W 42-38 (5-1/1-1)

I agree with most of your picks, although I think Toledo is gonna be one of our toughest games of the year. Our toughest winnable game, if that makes sense. Just with the short week and all.

I think the Toledo game will be low-scoring, despite their horrific defense. I think we will be emotionally spent and will win (something like) 14-10.

That's a lot of points you have our boys scoring. Hope you're right, but recent history doesn't suggest anything close to it.

Since when did Boone Pickens State become better than Texas?

I must have missed that game where Colt McCoy destroyed us.. :lol:

Have we stopped Reesing yet? :wow: Why is this a good matchup for us?

U guys are drinking some good kool-aid..

FACT: We lose to Texas and Kansas and I'll actually pick us to beat WVU in an upset..

I must have missed that game where Colt McCoy destroyed us.. :lol:

You didn't see what he did last year?

23 of 30 for 262 yards wasn't enough for you?

Have we stopped Reesing yet? :wow: Why is this a good matchup for us?

The only reason I would feel good about this game as a CU fan is the fact that the game is being played in Boulder. CU probably could have won when the two teams played in Boulder in 2007. How that CU team could lose to KU, but beat OU, is a mystery to me.

If CU's offense can do ANYTHING this year -- and by anything I mean average 28 points per game -- they should be a better match for some of these teams.

It won't matter where the games are played - if CU's offense averages only 20 points a game again, it will probably be another long season.

You didn't see what he did last year?

23 of 30 for 262 yards wasn't enough for you?

Well the way people are talking about our matchup with Texas, I thought maybe I was dreaming it.. :lol:

I have a better chance banging Kim Kardashian than CU beating Texas in Austin this year. :lol:

The only reason I would feel good about this game as a CU fan is the fact that the game is being played in Boulder. CU probably could have won when the two teams played in Boulder in 2007. How that CU team could lose to KU, but beat OU, is a mystery to me.

If CU's offense can do ANYTHING this year -- and by anything I mean average 28 points per game -- they should be a better match for some of these teams.

It won't matter where the games are played - if CU's offense averages only 20 points a game again, it will probably be another long season.

I'm not that confident that we'll beat KU.. They still have a big time offense and I still don't see the playmakers on defense to stop them..We are going to win a shootout vs them? That's kind of pushing it.. I'd be surprised if we won that game.. The game will be close, but I just think they are a better program at this time..

The offense will be better this year if the OL stays healthy and Kiesau isn't a clown like Hellaf$$k was.

Didn't KU lose some receivers? Buffs looked pretty good against them last season in Lawrence, without an OLine.

Buffs win BIG

Didn't KU lose some receivers? Buffs looked pretty good against them last season in Lawrence, without an OLine.

Buffs win BIG

We did? I must have missed that game.. :lol:

I'd be shocked if we got over 250 total yards of offense in the Kansas game I saw...

Clue me in guys of where you are seeing these other games CU is playing. Seems like I'm missing all these great performances.. :lol:

Last edited:
I thought we looked good against KU last year too. It was a very good game until the 4th if I remeber right. I can remeber after the game that i felt we let that one get away.

I just looked at the box sxore. We were up 7-0 after the first and only down 16-14 going into the fourth.

Back