What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fairview grad Anne Stuller finally gets a shot at NCAAs at CU soccer

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
BOULDER -- Back when Anne Stuller was at Fairview, the Colorado women's soccer team was a frequent visitor to the NCAA Tournament. In fact, they went six straight seasons from 2003-2008, and that's the type of program Stuller thought she was getting into.

Since then, the cupboard's been bare. In 2011, her sophomore season, the Buffs won just four games, and last year they climbed back to a respectable .500 but still struggled mightily in the Pac-12.

So it was pretty surreal for her on Monday afternoon she and her teammates all gathered together to hear their fate -- whether they were in or out -- of the NCAAs. Not too far into the selection show, they were called, and the ensuing eruption from the room broadcast the elation of hard work paying off for the 12-6-2 Buffs.

"To be a part of that, it felt so amazing the whole week," said Stuller, one of five seniors on the 2013 roster. "I'm the type of person where, I just had a bad feeling inside leading up to (the selection show), just like 'We're going to get screwed, we're not going to get called.' When I heard our name, I became emotional and felt something I haven't really felt before.

Read more...

Back