What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fall Camp Notes

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Stuart

July 26th
Notes, quotes and updates …
Colorado opens fall camp on Wednesday, August 3rd, when the players check-in and report for physicals. The first on-field practice will take place on Thursday, August 4th, from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Leading up to the opening of fall camp, and in anticipation of Pac-12 media days, the CU media relations office has issued its 2011*Media Day*Notes.
As usual, CU assistant athletic director/media relations Dave Plati has come up with some tidbits I never would have known. First, though, some important details …
Roster update
- Two senior walk-ons, David Goldberg and Tony Poremba, have been placed on scholarship. As Colorado*could give the scholarships and still remain under the 85 total scholarship limit, and as these scholarships will again be available for the incoming* class of 2012, this was a nice move. Goldberg and Poremba have toughed it out for three years, without receiving much in the way of recognition (both played in three games in 2010 – Goldberg for 11 total plays (with two tackles) and Poremba for seven plays (one tackle). Congratulations, gentlemen, and thank you!
- Another scholarship was handed out to sophomore snapper Ryan Iverson. Unlike Goldberg and Poremba, Iverson saw extensive action in 2010, taking care of the snapping duties on all 63 of Colorado’s punts. Iverson has been penciled in as both the long and short snapper for the 2011 season.
- Only two players from the recruiting class of 2011 will not be on campus for the start of fall camp. We have known for some time that running back Rashad Hall did not qualify academically, and will be attending junior college. Offensive line recruit Alex Kelley broke his ankle running on a beach this summer, and, after surgery, would have been unlikely to see the field of play in 2011. As a result, Kelley will grey-shirt this fall, enroll at Colorado in January, and still have five years to play four with the Buffs.
- Two players will open the 2011 season on the Inactive Roster. One, defensive back Hunter Harrison, is a transfer from Ft. Lewis College, and is ineligible to play in 2011 under NCAA transfer rules. He will have four years to play three commencing in 2012. The other is junior offensive lineman Bryce Givens, who is listed as “suspended”, with no other explanation given.
First game trivia
- Colorado opens on the road for the first time since 1995. That might be good karma for new Colorado head coach Jon Embree, as in 1995, Colorado was also opening the season with a new head coach (Rick Neuheisel), who started his career at Colorado with an impressive 43-7 victory over No. 21 Wisconsin (for those of you in need of a little positive CU mojo, here is a link to the story of that 1995 game against Wisconsin).
- Neuheisel was the first full-time head Colorado head coach to win in his debut since William Saunders pulled off the trick in 1932.
- The Hawai’i game will represent only the fourth time since 1974 that Colorado has opened on the road. One of the games was my very first game as a Buff fan. If you can take it, here is a link to the 1980*opener against UCLA (fair warning: Colorado set a verrrry bad record in the first half of that game, a record still not matched).

Originally posted by CU At the Game
Click here to vie

I was at that '80 game in LA. Ugly.

Two fucla surfer dude fans were sitting behind us. At the whistle signalling the half, one turned to the other and said, "at this rate, it'll end 112 to nothin'". (Actually, I was impressed that the surfer dude could actually do the math).

Worst game I ever saw.

Back