What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fall Pre-Camp Depth Chart (July 6)

Maybe the dumbest complaint I've ever read. Even BigJim probably rolled his eyes at that.
You guys may be the dumbest football fans I have encountered if you think releasing useless depth charts make CU football important again.
Keep pumping that sunshine, it seems to make you all happy.

You guys may be the dumbest football fans I have encountered if you think releasing useless depth charts make CU football important again.
Still relevant!
k0mvO5l.gif

This depth chart is much more a PR piece than anything else. Secondarily, it's a motivational tool within the team to show some guys their work is paying off while lighting a fire under some other guys. But it means about nothing in terms of what the depth chart will look like for the CSU game. And that's ok. Gives us something tangible to talk about in early July while we wait out a long offseason.

And, really, it's just a restatement of the post-spring depth chart with Patrick Carr subtracted. I suspect it was something Plati wanted to get published ahead of the Colorado Springs event last week and with the Pac-12 media days this week. No big deal, but I think a decent example of CU having a better-run SID than most colleges.

Yup. Can't hurt, may help, if someone wants to do the work, great. Surprised OSU midwest has such a mediocre SID.

Why are you so angry about this? Nobody is claiming it makes CU important. Nobody is comparing us to other schools except you.
Nobody is pumping sunshine, either. If anything, we look at this and see the holes that need to be addressed.

But seriously, why the anger?

Why are you so angry about this? Nobody is claiming it makes CU important. Nobody is comparing us to other schools except you.
Nobody is pumping sunshine, either. If anything, we look at this and see the holes that need to be addressed.

But seriously, why the anger?
I don't see any anger in my post. I am passionate about CU football.
It is called a conversation.
I may differ from other opinions on here but if you and I were sitting at the bar having a beer this would not sound angry. Just a different perspective. If only those with the same opinions are posting on this forum it really isn't a very accurate view of CU fans.

I don't see any anger in my post. I am passionate about CU football.
It is called a conversation.
I may differ from other opinions on here but if you and I were sitting at the bar having a beer this would not sound angry. Just a different perspective. If only those with the same opinions are posting on this forum it really isn't a very accurate view of CU fans.
Fair enough. Your choice of wording referring to us as the dumbest fans in the world probably threw me off.

Just an FYI but this is the third depth chart HCMM has released and is not exactly accurate.Not sure what type of performance evaluations he has conducted to make changes. It seems very amateur to continue to release useless depth charts. Big P5 schools don't do this. tOSU has not adjusted or released a depth chart since last season. You need CONTACT to make a real depth charts. This is a P5 school and HCMM needs to conduct business like that and not a HS program or Disney movie plot.
What I have learned from HCMM over the years is that what he says is more wishful thinking than actual fact.

Nothing against Irwin but he hasn't played a lick of football for a year and he has only played 1 yr of college football. If he wants to go pro he would have to walk on water this year and erase all of his medical records.

College coaches are fully aware of the odds for going pro and it was foolish of HCMM to promote Irwin as an NFL pro tackle at this point. We haven't seen much of him being a D1 college tackle yet.

I think HCMM needs to pump the brakes a bit on these depth charts and let football start. Please
Irwin is pretty well regarded actually. Especially considering his injuries.

ODDS AND ENDS
  • A few players have changed numbers this year: WR Shay Fields will wear No. 1 (5 last year); TE/FB George Frazier will wear No. 5 (18 last year); walk-on QB T.J. Patterson will wear No. 18 (9 last year); and DL Josh Tupou will wear No. 58 (55 when he last played in 2014).
  • Walk-on tight ends Brian Boatman and Chris Hill are both fourth-year juniors who have elected to make this their senior season.
  • This week, Awuzie and quarterback Sefo Liufau will join head coach Mike MacIntyre in representing CU at Pac-12 media days.
http://www.buffzone.com/buffzone-blogs/ci_30113680/cu-football-notes-buffs-awuzie-named-thorpe-watch

Irwin is pretty well regarded actually. Especially considering his injuries.
I agree after he played in 2014 he was starting to look like a good college linemen and he may get there again. But realistically he would need a huge year for those NFL Coaches to forget about his injuries and want to invest money. There are other players as talented with less injury history.
So with that said if Irwin or any of our team gets to the NFL it will be a phenomenal feat.

I agree after he played in 2014 he was starting to look like a good college linemen and he may get there again. But realistically he would need a huge year for those NFL Coaches to forget about his injuries and want to invest money. There are other players as talented with less injury history.
So with that said if Irwin or any of our team gets to the NFL it will be a phenomenal feat.

Irwin is a solid LT, the NFL likes to pay for good LT's because they protect their huge investment in QB's.

ODDS AND ENDS
  • A few players have changed numbers this year: WR Shay Fields will wear No. 1 (5 last year); TE/FB George Frazier will wear No. 5 (18 last year); walk-on QB T.J. Patterson will wear No. 18 (9 last year); and DL Josh Tupou will wear No. 58 (55 when he last played in 2014).
  • Walk-on tight ends Brian Boatman and Chris Hill are both fourth-year juniors who have elected to make this their senior season.
  • This week, Awuzie and quarterback Sefo Liufau will join head coach Mike MacIntyre in representing CU at Pac-12 media days.
http://www.buffzone.com/buffzone-blogs/ci_30113680/cu-football-notes-buffs-awuzie-named-thorpe-watch

Glad that Howell clarified that on the juniors who are seniors. Speculating about that sort of thing leads to all sorts of conversations that get close to player bashing.

"Our team" comments always offer subliminal insights into "The under the Bridge dwellers" especially when followed by a backhanded insult.

Just how I see it

"Our team" comments always offer subliminal insights into "The under the Bridge dwellers" especially when followed by a backhanded insult.

Just how I see it
Not sure how that is an insult. It is a phenomenal feat for "Anyone" to make it to the NFL.
I guess I could have said "anyone" in place of "our team". I didn't expect the sensitivity to my comment.

Hennington is still around? I forgot which coach recruited him to CU, was it Barnett or Hawkins?

This was eluded to earlier, but that depth chart literally means nothing. Lisella is playing more inside with Kaiser moving more outside for example. I would take this with a huge grain of salt.

This was eluded to earlier, but that depth chart literally means nothing. Lisella is playing more inside with Kaiser moving more outside for example. I would take this with a huge grain of salt.

Glad to hear on Kaiser. I'd take it as very good news if he won the RT job in fall camp. He's one of the young guys who has stood out. But he just hasn't been big enough.

2016: RG Lynott, RT Kaiser
2017: both slide left with Lyontt at C, Kaiser at RG and Haigler at RT.

Glad to hear on Kaiser. I'd take it as very good news if he won the RT job in fall camp. He's one of the young guys who has stood out. But he just hasn't been big enough.

2016: RG Lynott, RT Kaiser
2017: both slide left with Lyontt at C, Kaiser at RG and Haigler at RT.
While I am not thrilled with the o-line, I think that they will be improved for this upcoming year and the future looks good with the recruiting and the way Haigler and Miller have came along.

Always liked Kaiser potential. Has great size and athleticism. Good to hear and hope Kaiser pushes to be a starter. The right side of the line will be huge for this upcoming year.

Did I miss something on Kaiser, other than the depth chart is not to be trusted, and he's moving outside (for example)? Seems like some took that here to mean the guy was now in front of Haigler, and I guess I"m just taking it to mean he's maybe better equipped to help us on the outside.

Did I miss something on Kaiser, other than the depth chart is not to be trusted, and he's moving outside (for example)? Seems like some took that here to mean the guy was now in front of Haigler, and I guess I"m just taking it to mean he's maybe better equipped to help us on the outside.
That is all I was saying. I don't know if he is in front of haigler or not. I was just using that as an example of how the depth chart is pretty much BS. I do think though that Kaiser is doing very well and will possibly push for playing time, but that is not what I intended for in that post.

That is all I was saying. I don't know if he is in front of haigler or not. I was just using that as an example of how the depth chart is pretty much BS. I do think though that Kaiser is doing very well and will possibly push for playing time, but that is not what I intended for in that post.
That's what I thought.

Would have benefitted from an extra year as he was very young and somewhat inexperienced when he arrived here. Seems to be coming into his own on schedule here. He's one of the key young "developmental guys" that Bernardi took that people will be very happy with in time.

Back