What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Falo and Gordon SUSPENDED sentences (reinstated for fall camp)

based on the charges.. CU's LEAD in the Fulmer Cup will now stretch to 49.. Closest competitor is Kentucky, with 19 points total.

I was asking it the other way. Should my wife in your scenario be prosecuted since the police only learned of her possession due to her being the victim of a crime?
Sorry, I read your post wrong...thought it was the fan mentality of no harm since the other guy was asking for it. In my scenario, it is doubtful the police would charge since the drugs were not stolen - probably a misdemeanor at worst. It the drugs were stolen then yes the victim could be in trouble. Each situation is different but if other crimes are discovered during the investigation the police could charge the victim.

Not a great day to be a Buff or a Buff fan. I have to admit that if the report from the Camera is accurate, I like that NJ Falo at least owned up to what he was doing to the police department (Conversely this means I don't like that Dino didn't admit to anything). A poor decision is an understatement here and given today's environment it is difficult to imagine either being with the team in the future. I think losing either player is a big deal, a very big deal. Dino was impressive running the ball at the spring game, not so impressive pass blocking....and with the lack of depth at LB Falo would be a very tough loss....and even worse if this impacts his brother.

There is a part of me that wishes we were back in the 90's....after all, Chauncey Billups once made a similarly poor decision (Not quite as bad) in stealing from the book store...and he didn't get suspended. Lots of bad press, some pine time and then he was back.

I have zero issues with a team mate sticking up for those on his team in public, even if he knows they made poor decisions. That team mate very well may be pissed off at the NJ and Dino...but you don't publish that anger to social media...you let them know that in person.

I don't think it in any way takes him off the hook, he was involved in illegal activity and knew it.

Where it could make a difference is in the penalty side. If he is willing to take responsibility, cooperate with the justice system, and work towards getting back into working on his future then I could see him being suspended from school for a year and potentially coming back.

The crimes are different: One stole items, the other was an accomplice by being a look out. I would think Dino loses his scholarship, given the charges and further compounded by his not guilty statement. Falo, however, admitted his mistake and will be punished with far less charges. I could see him returning after a suspension.

Sounds like Gordon may be in more trouble than Falo. More information coming in on things. But some chatter Falo was maybe an accomplice and admitted guilt for being a lookout. I don't know anything. Just spreading rumors and lies as they come in. Hoping for the best for everyone and for the program.

Wait, don't they have 8000 different kinds of video game consoles with 5000 inch big screens in the Champions Center? Why in the hell would you feel the need to steal one?

Outside of the schools where guys can get away with anything virtually every school loses some guys to stuff like this. The difference is that since we have no depth it impacts us worse.

If we had guys ready to step up then we could take it in stride.

Well, I'm going to wait until all of this falls out. This sounds like a case where the Office of Judicial Affairs will be involved and, no matter what the AD decides, this will be adjudicated by them. So, in a sense, I think it's out of Mac's hands. Probably the best outcome would be a one year suspension with the ability to return. I'm just one of those guys who believes in redemption and forgiveness. OTOH, maybe the legal side will believe a permanent suspension sends a message to other students. Hell. I don't know. But even if Mac and the AD are lenient, the OJA won't be, I'd bet.

Well, I'm going to wait until all of this falls out. This sounds like a case where the Office of Judicial Affairs will be involved and, no matter what the AD decides, this will be adjudicated by them. So, in a sense, I think it's out of Mac's hands. Probably the best outcome would be a one year suspension with the ability to return. I'm just one of those guys who believes in redemption and forgiveness. OTOH, maybe the legal side will believe a permanent suspension sends a message to other students. Hell..I don't know.

Looks like there are going to be two cases here.

1) Falo may get a slap on the wrist legally, and then deal with the office of judicial affairs
2) Gordon may get the book.

We will see. I am hoping this is just a big mess and that both of them are cleared of wrong doing.

Well, I'm going to wait until all of this falls out. This sounds like a case where the Office of Judicial Affairs will be involved and, no matter what the AD decides, this will be adjudicated by them. So, in a sense, I think it's out of Mac's hands. Probably the best outcome would be a one year suspension with the ability to return. I'm just one of those guys who believes in redemption and forgiveness. OTOH, maybe the legal side will believe a permanent suspension sends a message to other students. Hell. I don't know. But even if Mac and the AD are lenient, the OJA won't be, I'd bet.
The student kangaroo court doesn't seem to be very forgiving....

Reactions: aik
I'm glad that got cleared up at least. There seemed to be a lot of misinformation and baseless accusations about what the players' intended to do with the drugs they stole. First ketamine is not a club drug. It is used recreationally and I personally have never heard it be connected to date rape. You take it, go into a "k-hole" and pretty much sit on your friends' couches for a night and do nothing. Regardless, what they stole is essentially prescription cough syrup. Sizzurp. Drank. Lean. Whatever you want to call it, it's a popular drug nowadays. And pretty much you drink it and feel loopy and chill out. Again, no nefarious intent. 99% positive these kids wanted to get ****ed up and play video games, not go out and do unspeakable things. It's bad enough the program was put in this situation without ignorant fans jumping to conclusions and hurling baseless inaccurate accusations without knowing the facts.

Just wanted to say that this post + BoomNog + Club Member are all in a wonderful alignment.

How can Baylor not be in the top ten?
You have to be charged in order for it to count. Doesn't matter what you actually DID.

Plus, most of their stuff (that we know about) actually happened 2-3 years ago, they've just buried it well.

Also, **** bailer

How can Baylor not be in the top ten?

Ceal & Phil level transparency isn't a philosophy held in Waco.

Also the local media and PD don't coddle CU.

Assaulting a police officer is a BFD. It's not rape, but it's not paddy cake.

I think the BPD has handled things very well in recent years. They have gotten to know the team. They haven't rushed to judgment or made bad assumptions about athletes. When confronted by a situation, they have tried to diffuse and avoid the event turning into an arrest. And, when called for, have then done their job in a professional way by showing courtesy to our coaches and university by keeping them informed without allowing them to compromise any investigations. I have no complaints on this front. Hell, I live in Boulder. I want my community policing to be consistent and fair. That's what I've been seeing.

This.

That and the previous post jumping to the conclusion these guys were pain pill addicts goes over the line from the available information. It's a sad situation, and hopefully an isolated incident. Let's not pile on and make it worse than it is.
Who knows what the motive was for these two. I believe raising the behavioral correlation is valid in the hot tub party of speculation that ensues immediately after the limited initial information is released.

This.

That and the previous post jumping to the conclusion these guys were pain pill addicts goes over the line from the available information. It's a sad situation, and hopefully an isolated incident. Let's not pile on and make it worse than it is.

Yes, these two need to be protected from criticism and speculation that may damage their self images. I'm not feeling the need for group hug on this one. They ****ed up.

Back