What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"Fan Appreciation Month" at CU (aka, We don't want Folsom empty on nat'l tv for Utah)

:wow: Wow. That is absolutely ****ing incredible....

Bring 'em to sackygate.

Yes, I'm serious.

You. Have. Got. To. Be. ****ting. Me.

What happened? Phil find out that none of you were prepared to write a $50 million check?

Word on the street is not enough tickets were pre-sold for them to justify having the event. Kind of got dropped out of the air on us today. I only found out through our Navy ROTC Alumni FB page this afternoon.

you! (All caps). :you:

Tell me about it! I guess they want me to donate forward on my "projected" retirement income. Not even ICON can get those numbers THAT high!

Anyway, as sacky said, it would be great if any of the military who came in for this weekend want to tailgate with us. I'm willing to bring extra food and drinks to make this happen.

I'll definitely throw that out there to my group of folks. We're quite the "have tailgate will travel" group. Like I said back in the Roll Call thread, I won't know for sure until Friday. One upside though is that good ol' Navy ROTC is hanging tough and we're having a "pre-reunion" Friday night at Pearl Street Pub. Way looking forward to that. :thumbsup:

Empty seats is the way to go and the only message that they will understand. An empty seat is lost parking revenue $20, lost food and drink revenue $20 and who knows how much else. One could figure each empty seat costs the school $30-$50 and that doesn't even count the price of the ticket that they could have made $50 to a few hundred dollars off of.

Oh, and those free tickets aren't free either. Not sure what the fees are, but they are still making you pay some bull **** fee to get them.

So I honestly ventured down the path to claim the 4 free tickets UNTIL there was a $1.50 surcharge for each ticket and $1 charge to print the tickets......looked at my wife and said, "what do you think?"....and we BOTH agreed that 4 tickets at $7 total still would not be getting our money's worth, let alone weren't sure anyone would even want to head up to Boulder over Black Friday/Turkey Hangovers (not sure I'm even going to).

Sad sad day..... :cry:

So I honestly ventured down the path to claim the 4 free tickets UNTIL there was a $1.50 surcharge for each ticket and $1 charge to print the tickets......looked at my wife and said, "what do you think?"....and we BOTH agreed that 4 tickets at $7 total still would not be getting our money's worth, let alone weren't sure anyone would even want to head up to Boulder over Black Friday/Turkey Hangovers (not sure I'm even going to).

Sad sad day..... :cry:

That's hilarious. I was going to get the tickets because why not. Free **** to throw away. Now I won't.

Please, please contact Bohn with your discontent. Every columnist is saying Embree is safe. Let him know in no uncertain terms that your support is conditional on Embree remaining.

Empty seats is the way to go and the only message that they will understand. An empty seat is lost parking revenue $20, lost food and drink revenue $20 and who knows how much else. One could figure each empty seat costs the school $30-$50 and that doesn't even count the price of the ticket that they could have made $50 to a few hundred dollars off of.

Oh, and those free tickets aren't free either. Not sure what the fees are, but they are still making you pay some bull **** fee to get them.
Typical CU cluster...can't even give stuff away for free right....

This is about right. Ticket prices at all schools should be about half of what they are. Taking a family of five to a football game shouldn't be a major financial event.

Here's a question I've been thinking about - why is it that in professional sports when an owner gives a coach on the hot seat the dreaded "vote of confidence" everyone knows that it's not written in stone...

Yet when Benson gives the coach the vote of confidence here, journalists interpret it as an irreversible decision?

Perhaps this is wishful thinking on my part - maybe Benson truly is dead set on keeping Embree... But I've been thinking (hoping) that maybe everyone has put too much stock in Benson's vote of confidence?

I wonder how the rest of the P12 feels about their decision to add CU and UU. Accretive?

Are you kidding? They are thrilled.

First - they got into a new market. They got a bunch more money in the process.

Second - they have a total cupcake on the schedule now. Aside from Washington State (the North division's cupcake) the Buffs have lost every single conference game by an average of almost 40 points! The closest conference game (aside from WSU) was a 25 point loss to Arizona. The other teams in the conference absolutely love having a team like CU on the schedule. It gives them an opportunity to develop depth, to play backups, to rest starters, and to pad stats.

in spite of what the website says they are only offering tickets in 110 and 111. They may open up the other sections later but for now thats all thats available.

They are probably trying to focus on filling a section or two so the cameras have somewhere to pan that isn't empty....

Please, please contact Bohn with your discontent. Every columnist is saying Embree is safe. Let him know in no uncertain terms that your support is conditional on Embree remaining.

Anyone know the email addresses for Bohn and his goober bosses? We should make that a sticky in this forum so more people will write in. I wrote a letter to the ticket office last night, would easily change it up a bit and fire it at Bohn and the other cronies in charge up there.

I just sent an email to those 3 today

'mike.bohn AT colorado.edu'; 'Chancellor AT colorado.edu'; 'OfficeofthePresident AT cu.edu'

To CU Leadership –

I’m done. I’ve had enough. I’ve been reading the smoke signals that you’ve put out to the media over the past week about keeping Jon Embree as the football coach. I can’t take it anymore. I can’t go through an 8[SUP]th[/SUP] year of this.

He is clearly a failure, yet CU continues to play political games. Guess what, there isn’t a school in the nation who would keep their coach after this level of ineptitude, and I’m tired of you three continuing to play me for a fool. You aren’t getting donations from me, or season tickets, or single game tickets. Don’t call, don’t write. I’m tired of rooting for a school that can’t convey any vision for anything. I’m tired of rooting for a school that is too scared to pursue excellence in EVERYTHING it does, athletics and academics both. I’m tired of going to games to tailgate with friends, only to be harassed by police every week for having one foot on the grass outside Farrand, or to have the school install bike racks right smack in the middle of the tailgating spot (Farrand). I’m tired of reading articles and watching news where my school is the laughing stock of the nation. I’m tired of the jeers I receive when I wear my CU gear. I’m tired of watching political beasts (I’m looking at you Bruce and Phil) cut the athletic department off at the knees. I’m tired of watching an institution that is completely paralyzed by fear. Fear of the legislature, fear of the citizens of Boulder, fear of being politically incorrect once in awhile, fear of making risky choices that may lead to great success. I’m tired of an incompetent ticket office and a complete failure in the marketing department. I’m tired of having my friends laugh at me when I invite them to use one of my tickets for a game (and now you’re giving away 4 more to me, that I can’t even use because no one wants to go!). I’m tired of everything football related being compared to Coach Mac and the glory years. I’m tired of losing – to CSU, Montana State, Sacramento State, and Toledo. I’m tired of watching BLOWOUTS at the hands of Fresno State, and UCLA, and Missouri and most every other team we’ve played over the past 7 years. I’m tired of watching politicians and administrators influencing athletic decisions. I’m tired of watching CU hang onto coaches for years after it has become clear that they can’t do it.

So, all that exhaustion has led me to the point where it is time for me to divorce myself of you. If you can’t make the obvious, easy decisions necessary to clean up your house, then I’m done. Don’t call me, don’t ask me for money for anything related to CU. Don’t send me mailings, and don’t try to guilt me into wasting my Saturday’s in Boulder. Fix the athletic department, build facilities, get a BCS level coaching staff, fix the football team, and I might come back. But until then, I’m done.

Regards,

I even got 3 whole lines out of Mike today

Thank you for your candid note. I share your frustration, big time! Stay with us! People like you are part of our solution. We will be sharing some new enhancements that I believe you will appreciate and respect in the next couple of months. Our basketball success model is one that we expect to replicate in football. Stay in touch. MB

The other two never respond, and I suspect those general email boxes are filtered by an admin

I get the feeling that Bohn is very frustrated by the two dipshits at the top. Great letter though, Dio. The "leadership" is a complete embarrassment to the university and should be ashamed.

GREAT email. However, I'd say it is maybe a 0.1% chance he read more than the first line or two. My guess is he has a document open with the appropriate response and just copies and pastes it

I just sent an email to those 3 today

'mike.bohn AT colorado.edu'; 'Chancellor AT colorado.edu'; 'OfficeofthePresident AT cu.edu'

I even got 3 whole lines out of Mike today

The other two never respond, and I suspect those general email boxes are filtered by an admin

I ToLD YOU NOT TO WRITE!!!! CAN'T YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT!!!!!

I just wrote DiStefano. He won't write back or read probably. Anyways, interesting story. I was hanging around the Pearl Street Stampede before the CSU game and DiStefano was congregating with the players I was around. Literally, the only thing he said was, "I hope you guys had a good first week of class." Nothing about the big rivalry game/first game of the season. :bang:

To CU Leadership –

I’m done. I’ve had enough. I’ve been reading the smoke signals that you’ve put out to the media over the past week about keeping Jon Embree as the football coach. I can’t take it anymore. I can’t go through an 8[SUP]th[/SUP] year of this.

He is clearly a failure, yet CU continues to play political games. Guess what, there isn’t a school in the nation who would keep their coach after this level of ineptitude, and I’m tired of you three continuing to play me for a fool. You aren’t getting donations from me, or season tickets, or single game tickets. Don’t call, don’t write. I’m tired of rooting for a school that can’t convey any vision for anything. I’m tired of rooting for a school that is too scared to pursue excellence in EVERYTHING it does, athletics and academics both. I’m tired of going to games to tailgate with friends, only to be harassed by police every week for having one foot on the grass outside Farrand, or to have the school install bike racks right smack in the middle of the tailgating spot (Farrand). I’m tired of reading articles and watching news where my school is the laughing stock of the nation. I’m tired of the jeers I receive when I wear my CU gear. I’m tired of watching political beasts (I’m looking at you Bruce and Phil) cut the athletic department off at the knees. I’m tired of watching an institution that is completely paralyzed by fear. Fear of the legislature, fear of the citizens of Boulder, fear of being politically incorrect once in awhile, fear of making risky choices that may lead to great success. I’m tired of an incompetent ticket office and a complete failure in the marketing department. I’m tired of having my friends laugh at me when I invite them to use one of my tickets for a game (and now you’re giving away 4 more to me, that I can’t even use because no one wants to go!). I’m tired of everything football related being compared to Coach Mac and the glory years. I’m tired of losing – to CSU, Montana State, Sacramento State, and Toledo. I’m tired of watching BLOWOUTS at the hands of Fresno State, and UCLA, and Missouri and most every other team we’ve played over the past 7 years. I’m tired of watching politicians and administrators influencing athletic decisions. I’m tired of watching CU hang onto coaches for years after it has become clear that they can’t do it.

So, all that exhaustion has led me to the point where it is time for me to divorce myself of you. If you can’t make the obvious, easy decisions necessary to clean up your house, then I’m done. Don’t call me, don’t ask me for money for anything related to CU. Don’t send me mailings, and don’t try to guilt me into wasting my Saturday’s in Boulder. Fix the athletic department, build facilities, get a BCS level coaching staff, fix the football team, and I might come back. But until then, I’m done.

Regards,

I nominate Dio for AD - that is ****ing awesome. That encapsulates how we all feel. You are so right - Excellence in EVERYTHING CU !!

On the lighter side. Bohn's response about patterning the football program after the bball program; what exactly did he mean...... attach a buyout to Embo's contract that triggers the building of new facilities, as he did with Coach Bz? Now THAT is funny.

To CU Leadership –

Regards,

I nominate Dio for AD - that is ****ing awesome. That encapsulates how we all feel. You are so right - Excellence in EVERYTHING CU !!

On the lighter side. Bohn's response about patterning the football program after the bball program; what exactly did he mean...... attach a buyout to Embo's contract that triggers the building of new facilities, as he did with Coach Bz? Now THAT is funny.
We will be hiring UNC's FB coach.

I suspect he is referring to facilities

"Our basketball success model is one that we expect to replicate in football."

Hire Stitt or Wristen and pray we get extremely lucky again?

Maybe Bohn means we'll play FB with five on each side of the ball from now on to save on schollie money....

In all seriousness, Bohn is correct about the model:

- Increase recruiting budget
- Increase staffing support from AD
- Increase budget for assistant coaches
- Increase efforts to engage students in the program
- Build state-of-the-art training facilities
- Bring stadium/arena into 21st century
- Hire a good coach

Back