1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farmer's Almanac

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by NashBuff, Aug 28, 2013.

1. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Anyone catch the news that it will be cold this winter? That reminded me of this game:

[video=youtube;Gl7r1Le9EhU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Gl7r1Le9EhU[/video]

Will Arizona, Cal, and USC be able to deal with such cold weather if Boulder freezes this year? I have noticed that this summer in CO hasn't been that hot due to more rain.

2. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

It was predicting a storm will hit around the Super Bowl at the Giants stadium

3. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

e
    Yup...at least Peyton Manning would be used to those elements in the event he makes it to that Super Bowl.

4. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Would love to introduce Cal or USC to the snow. When was the last even bitterly cold game we had here? Last one I was at was Nebraska '07, although I haven't been in Folsom regularly the last couple seasons. We missed out by a day on Mizzou '09 being played in major snowfall IIRC.

Been a rainy, cool summer out east too. Got well below 60 at night a few weeks ago, unheard of for summer here...it's a challenge to get below 70. Seems HotRack brought some Pac-NW rain and coolness with him, although he's probably still roasting.

5. HRBuff

HRBuff Club Member Club Member

Bored at work and watched that whole game.

Being that I was 5 when it was played thought there were a few interesting things about the game:

Hagan returned punts, really?
    Never had heard of the CFA before.
    Jon Embree's brother Sean was on that team.
    Didn't know we had a crappy turf field.
    And the Buffs had a nice blocked extra point that they took the other way for 2.

6. gobuffs58

gobuffs58 Well-Known Member

we have been lucky for a bunch of years with the weather...but we cant fill folsom with perfect weather anymore...just think how empty the place will be if its cold or rains

7. FlaBuff

FlaBuff I drive a Dodge Stratus! Club Member

we filled it that night. My Tampa born brother-in-law still brings up how cold it was at that game (his one trip out while i was in school).

8. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

I wore battery-powered electric warmer socks (under two other pairs of socks),to that game and my feet still froze! The only game comparable to that, was the K State game where Gary Washington, the deaf kid from Colo Deaf & Blind, ran 75 yds for a TD.

ZERO degrees at kick-off and it just got colder since the sun went down.

That SoCal game remains my upset special: late season, U$C is schollie short, potental cold weather and catch 'em between "Furd and UCLA...... the intangibles favor the Buffs.

9. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Correct me if I am wrong on the date, but this made me think of Colorado vs Kansas State in 1996. That was a cold freaking game.

10. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Pretty sure that was the coldest game ever played at Folsom. 12-0 Buffs on ESPN. I believe that the coldest game the Buffs have ever played in was 1991 @ Iowa State.

11. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

I think of the game at Iowa state that year...there was like 50 fans in the stadium and it was soooo damn cold, it was crazy cold. Not sure if it ever even made it to the teens and no one was hitting or tackling.