What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fates of the 5 star ...

Unusual switch - I thought these guys played D cuz they can't catch the ball?

2010: 5. California DB Keenan Allen

BUZZ: Listed as a defensive back during the recruiting process, Allen emerged as a standout receiver during his freshman season. He made nine starts and caught 46 passes for 490 yards and five touchdowns. Allen caught a touchdown in three consecutive games during a midseason stretch against UCLA, USC and Arizona State.

OK.....just need to know.......is it REALLY that difficult to manage the funds when a college is paying all of your expenses? I know the back on forth on whether players should be paid is heating up even more BUT are kids selling their stuff because they need the money or is it just exciting that somebody wants their stuff?

OK.....just need to know.......is it REALLY that difficult to manage the funds when a college is paying all of your expenses? I know the back on forth on whether players should be paid is heating up even more BUT are kids selling their stuff because they need the money or is it just exciting that somebody wants their stuff?

One thing about money, for some folks there is never enough and more is good no matter what you do to get it.... including throwing away your future.

I think it's pretty rare that someone does this stuff because he needs to.

I'm in favor of a cost-of-living stipend such as merit scholars get, but not because I think it will keep knuckleheads from being knuckleheads. I just think it's fair that we don't have a group of athletes expected to put so much time in that they don't have time to get a job, the athletic department makes millions off their efforts, the university gets tons of free publicity from it, thousands of fans cheer them on every week... yet some of them struggle to buy a winter coat or take a girl out to dinner.

After looking at that list 2 things pop out:

- USC has more 5 star players who end up as non factors than anyone else on that list

- 2005 had the most 5 star recruits who's bio end with 'and they were not drafted'

It's going to be interesting to see how Darrell Scott does at USF. Was he a total bust who can't play? Was he just too unprepared to compete at this level? Will he prove that is was all Hawk's fault? I tend to think that he was a bit overrated. When you get the #1 running back you're hoping for a guy who is contending for all-conference honors by his 2nd year. I just didn't see much elusiveness. Having said that, I still blame Hawkins for a lot of it. DS was horribly misused and could've been developed into a quality power back. Just maybe not the All-American we thought we were getting.

Injuries and Hawkins really held Scott back. He showed flashes during that Toledo game. A Scott + Speedy combo could have been dirty.

Scott held Scott back. He showed up as a freshman out of shape. He didn't play through nagging injuries when the team needed him. He allowed himself to turn into the Pillsbury Doughboy during the summer of 2009. He quit on the team during the 2009 season.

Best of luck to him.

Injuries and Hawkins really held Scott back. He showed flashes during that Toledo game. A Scott + Speedy combo could have been dirty.

Read your statement and tell me you are serious. Judging any running back based on his performance against Toledo is nonsensical.

Scott held Scott back. He showed up as a freshman out of shape. He didn't play through nagging injuries when the team needed him. He allowed himself to turn into the Pillsbury Doughboy during the summer of 2009. He quit on the team during the 2009 season.

Best of luck to him.

You mean players have to take some of the blame for how the last five years have gone? Crazy talk.

It's going to be interesting to see how Darrell Scott does at USF. Was he a total bust who can't play? Was he just too unprepared to compete at this level? Will he prove that is was all Hawk's fault? I tend to think that he was a bit overrated. When you get the #1 running back you're hoping for a guy who is contending for all-conference honors by his 2nd year. I just didn't see much elusiveness. Having said that, I still blame Hawkins for a lot of it. DS was horribly misused and could've been developed into a quality power back. Just maybe not the All-American we thought we were getting.

Dude was fat and slow. Unless he's lost 20 pounds and gained a work ethic, he may just need to think about majoring in finance and marketing and running his cousin's record label. ; )

Back