1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fates of the 5 star ...

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by moett88, Jul 14, 2011.

1. moett88

moett88 Well-Known Member

2. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Unusual switch - I thought these guys played D cuz they can't catch the ball?

2010: 5. California DB Keenan Allen

BUZZ: Listed as a defensive back during the recruiting process, Allen emerged as a standout receiver during his freshman season. He made nine starts and caught 46 passes for 490 yards and five touchdowns. Allen caught a touchdown in three consecutive games during a midseason stretch against UCLA, USC and Arizona State.

3. moett88

moett88 Well-Known Member

OK.....just need to know.......is it REALLY that difficult to manage the funds when a college is paying all of your expenses? I know the back on forth on whether players should be paid is heating up even more BUT are kids selling their stuff because they need the money or is it just exciting that somebody wants their stuff?

4. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

One thing about money, for some folks there is never enough and more is good no matter what you do to get it.... including throwing away your future.

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I think it's pretty rare that someone does this stuff because he needs to.

I'm in favor of a cost-of-living stipend such as merit scholars get, but not because I think it will keep knuckleheads from being knuckleheads. I just think it's fair that we don't have a group of athletes expected to put so much time in that they don't have time to get a job, the athletic department makes millions off their efforts, the university gets tons of free publicity from it, thousands of fans cheer them on every week... yet some of them struggle to buy a winter coat or take a girl out to dinner.

6. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

If it dont make dollars it dont make sense.

7. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

After looking at that list 2 things pop out:

- USC has more 5 star players who end up as non factors than anyone else on that list

- 2005 had the most 5 star recruits who's bio end with 'and they were not drafted'

8. Tatanka™

Tatanka™ Well-Known Member

It's going to be interesting to see how Darrell Scott does at USF. Was he a total bust who can't play? Was he just too unprepared to compete at this level? Will he prove that is was all Hawk's fault? I tend to think that he was a bit overrated. When you get the #1 running back you're hoping for a guy who is contending for all-conference honors by his 2nd year. I just didn't see much elusiveness. Having said that, I still blame Hawkins for a lot of it. DS was horribly misused and could've been developed into a quality power back. Just maybe not the All-American we thought we were getting.

9. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Injuries and Hawkins really held Scott back. He showed flashes during that Toledo game. A Scott + Speedy combo could have been dirty.

10. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Scott held Scott back. He showed up as a freshman out of shape. He didn't play through nagging injuries when the team needed him. He allowed himself to turn into the Pillsbury Doughboy during the summer of 2009. He quit on the team during the 2009 season.

Best of luck to him.

11. whatthebuff

whatthebuff Club Member Club Member

Good old Willie Williams, ha ha.

12. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Read your statement and tell me you are serious. Judging any running back based on his performance against Toledo is nonsensical.

13. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

You mean players have to take some of the blame for how the last five years have gone? Crazy talk.

14. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

Dude was fat and slow. Unless he's lost 20 pounds and gained a work ethic, he may just need to think about majoring in finance and marketing and running his cousin's record label. ; )

15. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

16. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

17. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

I hope DS is successful - I feel bad for anyone victimized by Hawkins.