What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Favorite Hawkins Nickname

What is your favorite nickname for Coach Hawkins?

• Zen Master

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Hawk Love

• The Bird

• Dan Talkins

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • Dan Walk'ons

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Juicebox

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I just like voting in polls

Votes: 22 29.3%

• Total voters
I voted other because I am an optimist. The nickname I like is “ dodo bird “ because as far as CU football is concerned he should be extinct soon.

I voted other because I am an optimist. The nickname I like is “ dodo bird “ because as far as CU football is concerned he should be extinct soon.
With a contract extension, and a broke athletic department plus a bad economy "dodo bird" is here to stay.:cry: Right now he is closing in on Chuck Fairbanks for worst all time CU coach. Below is an interesting blog from a Boise State fan in the Denver Post:

Comment by Tom — September 12, 2009
<LI id=comment-244654>I moved down here from Boise in 2004 and when I first heard that CU had hired Hawkins as their football coach I almost fell out of my chair. Everybody in the Boise area wanted this guy GONE and gone fast when he was the coach at Boise State so I just could not and still can not believe that they hired this nut case. His coaches show up in Boise was a joke and he acted like such an idiot on his show you literally could barely watch it. What in the world was the AD at CU thinking when they hired this guy? Why did they hire him? Well now the people in Colorado are seeing what weve known for years up in Boise. Do the people in Boise miss Hawkins? Uhh, NO! As soon as he left Boise State won their 1st big bowl game down in Arizona. Thats how much we miss Hawkins.

Last edited:
I didn't see "Coach Digging His Own Grave" on the list, so I picked the last choice (thanks for that, btw, it needs to be on all polls, imo).

I voted other. I'm currently liking Hackins, and Talkins. Both seem to be the most fitting for the season.

Where's Janet Reno Option?

Dan_Hawkins-Colorado.jpg
Janet_Reno-us-Portrait.jpg

i see your janet reno and raise you a nick nolte...just saw a few scenes from the movie blue chips yesterday...

nolte.jpg

my memory is a little fuzzy, but i think in the movie revolves around a coach who brings the team up from the ashes but does it illegally and then the NCAA comes crashing down on him and his team. cool.

Juicebox is growing on me..

"When you're inside the offices, we're trying to get the top 22 guys on the field. Not only get the starters on the field, but trying to create roles for everybody else, and trying to manage that whole concept of being a part of something really special."

Ugh.

not a real entry per se, but one of my buddies is a UCLA basketball fan and the last years of the Steve Lavin era they called him "Coach" Lavin. always putting coach in quotes. subtle, but harsh.

I voted for "other". My personal preference would be to refer to him as "former".

as in "Former" CU head coach Dan Hawkins.

Where did Juicebox come from?

I don't know who came up with it, but I think it's pretty good. I believe it is a reference to kiddy soccer games where everybody gets an orange slice and a juicebox after the game, sort of like the all-play style of our O with the legendary "groupings".

Back