What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

February 3 - National Signing Day (lots happening)

I just checked myself. 5-7 D2 or low level D1 programs a year since independence in 2011. Maybe we differ in definitions. I agree about the quality of these recruits. It would be great to get them in B&G.

Last edited:
I just checked myself. 5-7 D2 or low level D1 programs a year since independence in 2011. Maybe we differ in definitions. I agree about the quality of these recruits. It would be great to get them in B&G.

I think you are very confused about college football divisions. D2 does not mean what you think it means. The top tier is the Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly known as Division I-A) that includes the P5 conferences, the G5 conferences and a few independents. The next tier down is the Football Championship Subdivision (formerly known as Division I-AA), which includes only three schools that BYU has played since 2011 - Wagner (2015), Savannah State (2014) and Weber State (2012). They also play Southern Utah in 2016. The next tier down is Division II. BYU has not played a Division II team.

I'm all for ragging on teams that play lousy schedules against FBS bottom feeders, but let's not misuse terms to make things sound much worse than they are.

Maybe there are exceptions, but FCS schools generally compete for championships against the big boys in sports other than football. Hence, they are Division I schools and you see teams such as Weber State in the NCAA college basketball tournament. Most recently, they lost to Arizona in the first round in 2014.

Last edited:
I appreciate your love of CU, but BYU's 2015 schedule was ****braska, Boise State, UCLA, Michigan, Connecticut, East Carolina, Cincinnati, Wagner (FCS), San Jose State, Missouri, Fresno State, Utah State. They went 9-3 with a one-point loss to UCLA and a 4 point loss to Missouri. Only big loss was 31-0 to Michigan. "5-7 D-2 teams" Really? Hope we beat them in the battle for Saleapaga, just as you do.
Really that schedule looked good on paper, but only two of those were good football teams. NObraska was probably as bad or worse than us, fUCLA (who lost to the Nubs), mid tier Cincy, Missouri, USU, UCONN, SJSU, Fresno, ECU, Wagner were all terrible. Michigan and Boise were the only legit teams.

Exactly. He's relying on 0 experience on staff in terms of coordinators (Brown and EB).

But no arguing that it's built to recruit the Polynesian athlete, and they will almost never miss on the LDS Polynesian athlete.

No argument there. They should recruit the Polynesian athlete very well. I hope they miss on Saleapaga obviously.
I'll be interesting to see how they do overall. If they can overcome their inexperience on game day.

Really that schedule looked good on paper, but only two of those were good football teams. NObraska was probably as bad or worse than us, fUCLA (who lost to the Nubs), mid tier Cincy, Missouri, USU, UCONN, SJSU, Fresno, ECU, Wagner were all terrible. Michigan and Boise were the only legit teams.

Since scheduling happens at least a few years in advance, you can't be positive how good an opponent will be when you play them. But I think UCLA, Missouri, Nebraska, and Boise are major programs, while Cincy and East Carolina have spent time in the Top 25 in the past few years. Fresno is only recently mediocre. The idea that this is a cupcake schedule is incorrect, at least the way I look at programs.

Amen. No more BYU from me. Sorry to open this can of worms. The whole point is that CU offers a rich history and a great future with its obvious recommitment to football, it's facilities and its conference PAC 12 affiliation and that BYU has a veneer and is less significant then a kid from Utah might recognize.

Welcome to the Black and Gold Pookie.

So we are sitting at 15 new recruits right now. Plus Bennion coming back makes 16, and Tupou would be 17, and Webb would be 18.

We may have 2-3 greyshirts this class including Chance Lytle, Colby Pursell, Terriek Roberts, or Hunter Vaughn. Assuming 2 that gets us back down to 16.

Then from people who haven't announced yet we have Juwann Winfree, Beau Bisharat (NU, Alabama, ASU, CU), Keanu Saleapaga (BYU, CU), Lorenzo Burns (Cal, Ariz, CU), and Fua Pututua (BYU, Utah, CU - 2 year mission). We know that Keanu and Lorenzo want to wait until signing day. It seems like we will get at least one more recruit (...hm Winfree just decommitted from Pitt), but I would be ecstatic with anymore than that. I was thinking Beau was the most likely to be another CU get but the recent Alabama interest has me concerned and now it sounds like the corn ****ers are in play as well.

Anything else I am missing? Would you be happy to add Winfree but no one else? I think adding Winfree to the list we already have represents a marked improvement over the last couple of classes. Plus I think there was enough momentum at the end that I am excited about the current (couple of) recruiters and it seems like we will be more of a factor moving forward with the energy that Chev brings to supplement Leavitt and Tumpkin.

Pututau is going to Utah. Burns to AZ.

I would be ecstatic to get Bisharat, Saleapaga and Winfree.

BTW Bisharat reminds me of that kid who plays at Stanford that should have won the Heisman.

Pututau is going to Utah. Burns to AZ.

I would be ecstatic to get Bisharat, Saleapaga and Winfree.

BTW Bisharat reminds me of that kid who plays at Stanford that should have won the Heisman.
If you're going to make declarative statements, please provide a source.

It's like Christmas when I was 5.

I just don't want a one piece pajama with feet and fuzzy ears.

Amazing how with some changes on the staff we are suddenly back in the race for recruits that other schools in our conference want.

Throw out guys like Lynott who is local or a couple guys who fell to us from odd circumstances and we have a number of kids who will sign tomorrow who have more P5 offers that some of our entire classes in recent years.

Does picking up a big time recruit like Bisharat (woohoo!) have any impact on a decision from Saleapaga?

Moved us from 80 to 71 on Rivals and from 2.60 to 2.69. That would put us in the 50 to 60 range in average star ranking. Better but still a long way to go.

Last edited:
Back