What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fiesta Bowl

Could someone fix that ****ing record player? It keeps playing "Boomer Sooner" over and over and over again. :puke:

definiton of denial....

playing 'boomer sooner' over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again while down by 20 with 2 minutes left in the game.

good lord, does that song suck ballz..... :puke:

not ment as a swipe to you ubt. its not your fault.....:smile:

Hey "Sooner Fan" since you promised to haunt this board from time to time here is a little something for ya the next time you put in an appearance
:haha::rofl::jester:

can someone tell me what the **** happened to oklahoma. they have to be missing 11 guys from the conf. champ. game. no heart, no emotion, slow ,lazy ,embarrassment to the big 12. **** OU, we beat their ass and we should beat their ass again in 2 years. On top of that Stoops is by far the biggest choke artist in coaching.

Duh duh duh DUH...duh duh duh duh...duh duh duh DUH....duh duh duh duh.
Duh duh duh DUH...duh duh duh duh...duh duh duh DUH....duh duh duh duh. Duh duh duh DUH...duh duh duh duh...duh duh duh DUH....duh duh duh duh. Duh duh duh DUH...duh duh duh duh...duh duh duh DUH....duh duh duh duh. Duh duh duh DUH...duh duh duh duh...duh duh duh DUH....duh duh duh duh. Duh duh duh DUH...duh duh duh duh...duh duh duh DUH....duh duh duh duh. Duh duh duh DUH...duh duh duh duh...duh duh duh DUH....duh duh duh duh. Duh duh duh DUH...duh duh duh duh...duh duh duh DUH....duh duh duh duh.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Duh duh duh DUH...duh duh duh duh...duh duh duh DUH....duh duh duh duh. Duh duh duh DUH...duh duh duh duh...duh duh duh DUH....duh duh duh duh. Duh duh duh DUH...duh duh duh duh...duh duh duh DUH....duh duh duh duh. Duh duh duh DUH...duh duh duh duh...duh duh duh DUH....duh duh duh duh. Duh duh duh DUH...duh duh duh duh...duh duh duh DUH....duh duh duh duh. Duh duh duh DUH...duh duh duh duh...duh duh duh DUH....duh duh duh duh. Duh duh duh DUH...duh duh duh duh...duh duh duh DUH....duh duh duh duh.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

how long did it take to type that? :wow::confused:

can someone tell me what the **** happened to oklahoma. they have to be missing 11 guys from the conf. champ. game. no heart, no emotion, slow ,lazy ,embarrassment to the big 12. **** OU, we beat their ass and we should beat their ass again in 2 years. On top of that Stoops is by far the biggest choke artist in coaching.

WVU totally DOMINATED the Sooners with pure speed! I loved seeing that stupid look Stoops was sporting while his team was getting their asses handed to them tonight!

Now that we all have that song in our heads, just a little background on it. According to Wikipedia, the tune was stolen from Yale U., and instead of adding their own touch, they jacked a piece of a North Carolina U. song and added that to it. So basically, the OU band is a cover band without much of a playlist.

Stoops stepped on his dick, that's what happened. His defense came out in the 2nd half, got a 3 and out and then the offense took the ball and rammed it in the end zone to bring the game within a score. And then what does visor boy do? He goes for 2, doesn't get it and then kicks and onsides kick and doesn't get it. OU was done after that.

Now that we all have that song in our heads, just a little background on it. According to Wikipedia, the tune was stolen from Yale U., and instead of adding their own touch, they jacked a piece of a North Carolina U. song and added that to it. So basically, the OU band is a cover band without much of a playlist.

Land thieves. Song Thieves. Quarterback recruit thieves. Attempted linebacker recruit thieves. Figures.

Last edited:
yep after the first 5 minutes I told LB that we were going to lose and be lucky to hold WVU under 50. WVU came out and played and the Sooners just stood around. Missing Lindy Holmes and Reggie Smith on defense hurt, and hurt bad. I dont think Stoops was outcoached, he just made some questionable decisions. I'll still take him over any coach in the Big XII and the nation still. His record speask for itself year end and year out. In 9 years not a single losing season, not even in his 1st year. Ya he is 2-4 in BCS bowls and 4-5 overall in bowl game. He does have a NC ring and 5 Big XII champioship rings and there is no other coach in the Big XII than even come close.

Stoops stepped on his dick, that's what happened. His defense came out in the 2nd half, got a 3 and out and then the offense took the ball and rammed it in the end zone to bring the game within a score. And then what does visor boy do? He goes for 2, doesn't get it and then kicks and onsides kick and doesn't get it. OU was done after that.[/QUO
exactly, did he give his team sleep meds. i would have bet OU. i don't understand this one, that was a very different team than the one that beat mizzou.

Stoops stepped on his dick, that's what happened. His defense came out in the 2nd half, got a 3 and out and then the offense took the ball and rammed it in the end zone to bring the game within a score. And then what does visor boy do? He goes for 2, doesn't get it and then kicks and onsides kick and doesn't get it. OU was done after that.

I agree totally 110% with you....

yep after the first 5 minutes I told LB that we were going to lose and be lucky to hold WVU under 50. WVU came out and played and the Sooners just stood around. Missing Lindy Holmes and Reggie Smith on defense hurt, and hurt bad. I dont think Stoops was outcoached, he just made some questionable decisions. I'll still take him over any coach in the Big XII and the nation still. His record speask for itself year end and year out. In 9 years not a single losing season, not even in his 1st year. Ya he is 2-4 in BCS bowls and 4-5 overall in bowl game. He does have a NC ring and 5 Big XII champioship rings and there is no other coach in the Big XII than even come close.[/QUOT

shanahan has 2 super bowl rings and he should get the ax. you guys embarrased yourselves. bunch of lazt fatboys. now i remember why we beat you. don't think he was outcoached???? you might want to get an unbiased opinion.

Did they play that stupid ****ing song enough times tonight? They need to add a word or two. I could be in the OU band, never picking up an instrument my entire life.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

doodoodoododododododooododoooddddooodddddoooo.

west coast;244051 shanahan has 2 super bowl rings and he should get the ax. you guys embarrased yourselves. bunch of lazt fatboys. now i remember why we beat you. don't think he was outcoached???? you might want to get an unbiased opinion.[/QUOTE said:
damn lot of hate for a football game and a football coach... you crack me up not even being a fan of OU....:smile2:

Probably not entirely, because I think he got outcoached. Making poor decisions is part of getting outcoached...

going for two was the right call, down by 5 you go for 2 to make it a 3 point game. timing may have not been right. I didnt see the onside kick, so I dont know if WVU was ready or not, only know it travelled 8 yards.

they just came out and played uninspired. I witnessed this 1st hand this season a couple of times. Like they didnt think they had to play to win.

going for two was the right call, down by 5 you go for 2 to make it a 3 point game. timing may have not been right. I didnt see the onside kick, so I dont know if WVU was ready or not, only know it travelled 8 yards.

they just came out and played uninspired. I witnessed this 1st hand this season a couple of times. Like they didnt think they had to play to win.

Going for 2 is never the right call in the 3rd quarter, IMO. Barnett used to drive me nuts with that. It almost always bites you in the ass.

The onsides kick was not properly executed, but WVU was ready regardless.

2 bonehead calls that cost his team the momentum they desperately needed = getting outcoached.

Going for 2 is never the right call in the 3rd quarter, IMO. Barnett used to drive me nuts with that. It almost always bites you in the ass.

The onsides kick was not properly executed, but WVU was ready regardless.

2 bonehead calls that cost his team the momentum they desperately needed = getting outcoached.

to even compare Gary Barnett to Bob Stoops is a very far reach. If Bob was to quit today, be bought out as Gary was, do you think Bob would still be sitting around after two years without anyone knocking on his door asking if he would be interested in coaching again. Heck even Barry Switzer still receives calls asking if he would be interested in coaching again.

What is Gary doing tonight. I dont think I saqw him on Fox Sports either.

what if both of the calls/plays had been successful?? would the momentum carried over to the Sooners play? The Sooners were behind and he was coaching to catch up, to me thats to score points and get the ball back as quick as you can....

I dont seem to see anyone being critics to Les Miles calls this year... they just happened to execute them....

to even compare Gary Barnett to Bob Stoops is a very far reach. If Bob was to quit today, be bought out as Gary was, do you think Bob would still be sitting around after two years without anyone knocking on his door asking if he would be interested in coaching again. Heck even Barry Switzer still receives calls asking if he would be interested in coaching again.

what if both of the calls/plays had been successful?? would the momentum carried over to the Sooners play? The Sooners were behind and he was coaching to catch up, to me thats to score points and get the ball back as quick as you can....

I dont seem to see anyone being critics to Les Miles calls this year... they just happened to execute them....

Miles´ reckless playcalling is why I am angry LSU is in the NCG.

http://www.allbuffs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20431

G Barnett used to drive me nuts with that. It almost always bites you in the ass.

Nice little rant and Barnett bashing there.

You really have a bad habit of putting words into people mouths. He said Barnett going for two drove him crazy. Obviously Stoops would be hired before Barnett but was that really the point of his post ?

Nice little rant and Barnett bashing there.

You really have a bad habit of putting words into people mouths. He said Barnett going for two drove him crazy. Obviously Stoops would be hired before Barnett but was that really the point of his post ?

I'm not putting words in his mouth. Re-read his post, he is comparing the calls Stoops did in the 3rd quarter by going for two as a "never the right call, in his opinion, to what Barnett did that drove him crazy while he was coaching at CU. To me that's comparing the two coaches and their play calling. Am I reading to much into this perhaps? Perhaps not.

I wasnt bashing Barnett either, just stating that Barnett, as far as I know, has not been contacted for a coaching job, even as an assistant at any level of coaching. I could be wrong about this. I sure Gary Barnett is doing just fine in the greater Phoenix area enjoying all life has to offer. I dont even know if Gary Barnett wants to be back in coaching. Heck he could have been at the game tonight or the OSU/Va. game the other day.

NO no no no no. Going for 2 before the 4th quarter is NEVER the right call. Look, they were down by 5. Go for two and make it then they're down by 3. But if you miss, what happens if WVA kicks a field goal? Then you're down by 8 and if you score then you are FORCED to go for two. With 25 minutes left in the game, it's blatantly stupid to go for two. It's retarded. You dig yourself a hole that you can't dig out of. BAD BAD BAD. Sorry my friend, that was a moronic decision on Stoops part that was made worse by the onside kick.

That was a wonderful game last night.

I realize that it'll be really hard for the band and fans to do, but could they learn at least one more song? Jeebus crisco.

NO no no no no. Going for 2 before the 4th quarter is NEVER the right call. Look, they were down by 5. Go for two and make it then they're down by 3. But if you miss, what happens if WVA kicks a field goal? Then you're down by 8 and if you score then you are FORCED to go for two. With 25 minutes left in the game, it's blatantly stupid to go for two. It's retarded. You dig yourself a hole that you can't dig out of. BAD BAD BAD. Sorry my friend, that was a moronic decision on Stoops part that was made worse by the onside kick.

I agree that chasing the points is not the way to go until at least the 4th quarter. Only use 2-point conversion if and when you really need to.

As for the OU fight song being played over and over, they did the same damm thing in the Orange Bowl when USC was kicking the living **** out of them. It's bad enough that they play the thing what seems like every few minutes, but it really looks ridiculous when you're playing that much when you're getting whipped.

I'm not putting words in his mouth. Re-read his post, he is comparing the calls Stoops did in the 3rd quarter by going for two as a "never the right call, in his opinion, to what Barnett did that drove him crazy while he was coaching at CU. To me that's comparing the two coaches and their play calling. Am I reading to much into this perhaps? Perhaps not.

I wasnt bashing Barnett either, just stating that Barnett, as far as I know, has not been contacted for a coaching job, even as an assistant at any level of coaching. I could be wrong about this. I sure Gary Barnett is doing just fine in the greater Phoenix area enjoying all life has to offer. I dont even know if Gary Barnett wants to be back in coaching. Heck he could have been at the game tonight or the OSU/Va. game the other day.

Quit being so sensitive, Nancy. Your coach f'ed up. It happens to the best of them. But he most certainly f'ed up. There's no denying that. He took all the positive momentum his team had generated and flushed it down the toilet. And he didn't even need to do it. Had he kicked the extra point and then kicked off, it would have been a 4 point game in the 3rd quarter and his defense would have had a chance to get another 3 and out and give the offense good field position. But instead, it was a 5 point game and WVU had the ball on the OU 39.

BTW, I was not saying Barnett was a better coach, or even equal to Stoops. I was saying how he used to screw up a lot with going for 2 too early, just like Visor Boy did last night.

Last edited:
Back