What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Filming Practice

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
When do we get our drone?

Tennessee
TennDrone.png

North Carolina
north-carolina-tar-heels-drone-football-camera.jpeg

UCLA
BRpZ_QVCEAAvUFv.jpg

USC
BQnuj_ACcAA18Yz.jpg

Don't we have the video game helmet system or some garbage like that they told us about years ago?

haha wow!

To me this type of thing is for recruiting. It would be distracting as hell studying film from an quadchopter cam.

I disagree. Teams are always trying to get an overhead view of practices.

I disagree. Teams are always trying to get an overhead view of practices.

Yah Im totally aware of what they are using it for. I just feel like I would blow chunks after watching 2 hours of practice film of this crap. Haha I have seen tons of quadchopter footage before and it is not the smoothest stuff. Sort of Blair Witch style.

Yah Im totally aware of what they are using it for. I just feel like I would blow chunks after watching 2 hours of practice film of this crap. Haha I have seen tons of quadchopter footage before and it is not the smoothest stuff. Sort of Blair Witch style.

They actually seemed pretty smooth. I'll see if I can find some video.

Actually CU IS one of the private entities licensed by the FAA to operate drones. However, its not just the good ol' boys in the South that you have to watch out for. Apparently the town of Deer Trail, COLORADO is going to be voting on a measure that would allow the town to issue drone hunting licenses and offer a $100 bounty on shooting down unmanned "Federal" drones.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/07/colo-town-board-votes-on-drone-hunting-proposal/

The measure actually had three of the six person town board vote for it, so its going to go to the voters.

You couldn't make that **** up if you tried...

Actually CU IS one of the private entities licensed by the FAA to operate drones. However, its not just the good ol' boys in the South that you have to watch out for. Apparently the town of Deer Trail, COLORADO is going to be voting on a measure that would allow the town to issue drone hunting licenses and offer a $100 bounty on shooting down unmanned "Federal" drones.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/07/colo-town-board-votes-on-drone-hunting-proposal/

The measure actually had three of the six person town board vote for it, so its going to go to the voters.

I love it. Great publicity and tourism idea for a small town.

Good for them.

Back