What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Final Four Thread

do you guys not remember sitting next to these obnoxious cry-baby fans in the keg year after year? I can still hear them complaining about every foul, even being up by 20 with minutes left.

do you guys not remember sitting next to these obnoxious cry-baby fans in the keg year after year? I can still hear them complaining about every foul, even being up by 20 with minutes left.

I never sat next to them. A perk of being in the band. I just dont really want to see kentucy win is all. It isnt about wanting Kansas to win.

Off-topic Q:

In one of the women's games, they were bringing the ball in-bounds, at the baseline. The 1st player w/ the ball couldn't find anyone open and one of her teammates crossed the baseline, out-of-bounds, took a pass from the 1st player and threw it to another player who was in bounds. I've never seen this. Is it legit?

Off-topic Q:

In one of the women's games, they were bringing the ball in-bounds, at the baseline. The 1st player w/ the ball couldn't find anyone open and one of her teammates crossed the baseline, out-of-bounds, took a pass from the 1st player and threw it to another player who was in bounds. I've never seen this. Is it legit?

no not legal:

Art. 2. A throw-in shall end when a passed ball touches or is legally touched by
an inbounds player or when a player, who is located on the playing court, touches
and causes the ball to be out of bounds or when the throw-in team commits a
throw-in violation.

Art. 6. Until the throw-in ball crosses the plane of the sideline or end line:a. The thrower-in may not touch the ball until it touches or is legally touched
by another player inbounds.
b. No opponent of the thrower-in shall have any part of his or her person over
the inside plane of the boundary line.
c. Teammates shall not line up next to each other within 6 feet of a boundary
line and parallel to it when an opponent desires a spot between the
positions.
d. Teammates may occupy adjacent positions near the sideline or end line
when the teammates take adjacent positions that are perpendicular to the
sideline or end line.
t

Off-topic Q:

Like this? Yes, Legal.
[video=youtube;GpJo2_MsAyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpJo2_MsAyU[/video]

That is only legal after a made basket. The original inbounder can also run along the baseline to get a better angle, but only after made baskets. All other inbounds are spot.

I'll read the rules better:

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/BR13.pdf

here is the entire throw in rule, still not seeing it:

Section 6. Throw-inArt. 1. The throw-in shall start and the throw-in team shall have team control
when the ball is at the disposal of a player entitled to the throw-in.
Art. 2. A throw-in shall end when a passed ball touches or is legally touched by
an inbounds player or when a player, who is located on the playing court, touches
and causes the ball to be out of bounds or when the throw-in team commits a
throw-in violation.
Art. 3. The thrower-in shall release the ball within five seconds so that the pass
goes directly into the playing court, except as provided in Rule 7-5.6.b.
Art. 4. The throw-in count shall end when the ball is released by the thrower-in
so that the ball goes directly onto the playing court.
Art. 5. The thrower-in shall not leave the designated spot until he/she has released
the ball and the thrown-in ball crosses the plane of the sideline or end line.
Art. 6. Until the throw-in ball crosses the plane of the sideline or end line:
a. The thrower-in may not touch the ball until it touches or is legally touched
by another player inbounds.
b. No opponent of the thrower-in shall have any part of his or her person over
the inside plane of the boundary line.
c. Teammates shall not line up next to each other within 6 feet of a boundary
line and parallel to it when an opponent desires a spot between the
positions.
d. Teammates may occupy adjacent positions near the sideline or end line
when the teammates take adjacent positions that are perpendicular to the
sideline or end line.
Art. 7. When the ball is located out of bounds, the thrower-in may pass the ball
into the back court.
Art. 8. Regardless of where the throw-in spot is located, the throw-in team may
cause the ball to go into the back court.
Art. 9. After the throw-in ends, an inbounds player in the front court who is not
in control of the ball may cause the ball to go into the back court.
Art. 10. When the ball is awarded to the wrong team, the error must be rectified
before the throw-in ends.

I don't get the Kentucky hate. They were the best team this year and I hope they win.

I've never minded Kentucky either. Not a big Calipari fan, but I'll always pull for UK over the "big names" of the ACC, KU, etc. Congrats to them on the title. Hard to believe it's their first since 1998

T-minus 3 years until Kentucky vacates their MNC.

No doubt. Officially, Coach Cal's trips to the Final Four at UMass and Memphis never happened since the NCAA has made both schools vacate all wins for those seasons.

It sure was fun watching them cry last night. :thumbsup:

Here's Worldwide Wes (the man who is the main reason Calipari is getting so much top talent) right after the victory last night. Worldwide Wes is is ****ing everywhere. Definitely a symptom of all that is wrong with college basketball right now.

3fffccda7d4011e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

For those of you not aware of this guy, here's an old, but very informative article on just how connected he is. It's hardly just Calipari. It's the NBA. It's Phil Knight, it's football at "The U", Jerry Jones and on and on.

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/200706/william-wesley-worldwide-wes-nba-basketball

Last edited:
That is only legal after a made basket. The original inbounder can also run along the baseline to get a better angle, but only after made baskets. All other inbounds are spot.

I guess I should've added that but I purposely chose a video that showed the made basket to show that.

Here's Worldwide Wes (the man who is the main reason Calipari is getting so much top talent) right after the victory last night. Worldwide Wes is is ****ing everywhere. Definitely a symptom of all that is wrong with college basketball right now.

View attachment 9010

For those of you not aware of this guy, here's an old, but very informative article on just how connected he is. It's hardly just Calipari. It's the NBA. It's Phil Knight, it's football at "The U", Jerry Jones and on and on.

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/200706/william-wesley-worldwide-wes-nba-basketball

It was this guy that first told the Nuggets to start preparing to trade 'Melo, not too long after they lost to the Jazz in the playoffs a couple years ago.

Back