What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Finally! College Football Tonight

Ah. I'm looking at the whole game. He's not made one deep pass or tough short/intermediate pass. He's hitting wide open Cal guys in short passes and they are running with it. He's taken a couple of sacks he shouldn't have. And Hawaii is outmatched talent wise making Webbs job easier.

Not to take away from his game cuz he screwed us. I'd give him a B/B-.
My thoughts exactly. He is great at anything less than 15 yards. After that his accuracy drops dramatically. He will be eaten alive by any PAC team with a D. I see them not winning until OSU after San Diego.

He threw that Classic Flacco deep underthrow to draw PI pretty well too ^_^

Overall, I was decently impressed. Their scheme is YAC, they have great weapons that make plays when they get the ball in their hands. He made the tight throws, made some reads, and threw guys open. He's a doucher and things will definitely get worse as they play tougher teams, but Webb was pretty much what I expected.

Gotta say, even as a big time kool-aid drinker, I wish we could beat a G5 team like that. We better beat CSU by 2+ scores.

I watched the game last night and then just zipped back through my recorded version really fast this morning. Despite some of you saying you weren't impressed, I am. The key with Webb is that his short throws are placed in the perfect position to keep the receiver on the move and draw them to where the defender won't be. A difference of a yard in the placement of the ball on those short throws is the difference between breaking it for a TD like we saw last night or being tackled for a short gain. Watching that didn't make me happy. Unless Sefo would have improved dramatically there is zero chance Webb wouldn't have been our starter.

Webb may have played well, but the stat line shows me Hawaii gave away the game with 5 turnovers. Hawaii also average about 7 yards a carry. Unless Cal was playing prevent for half the game, it looks like their defense is atrocious.

Pisses me off cal did what we couldn't by beating hawaii. Don't care how bad uh is,don't care about time travel.
We have to come out and smoke csu. It's time for MM and crew to start making statements.

I watched the game last night and then just zipped back through my recorded version really fast this morning. Despite some of you saying you weren't impressed, I am. The key with Webb is that his short throws are placed in the perfect position to keep the receiver on the move and draw them to where the defender won't be. A difference of a yard in the placement of the ball on those short throws is the difference between breaking it for a TD like we saw last night or being tackled for a short gain. Watching that didn't make me happy. Unless Sefo would have improved dramatically there is zero chance Webb wouldn't have been our starter.
This. Webb clearly would have been an upgrade. I was fairly impressed. He isn't the best in the P12, but I would put him in the top 3 or 4 QB's in the league. Although the douche factor remains, quite likely, number 1 in the league.

The system helps get the ball out of his hands quickly which makes his o line look better. He gets to his reads
faster than sefo and doesn't hold the ball.
Plus it helps when the WR can catch the ball.

I'll buy the fact his short throws were better than Sefo's...it fits the bear raid perfectly but is our offense that reliant on that type of passing game? IDK...I do know their offense is more talented and much better coached and schemed.

One game against an average G5 team whom they clearly outmatched talent wise isn't a good indication. We sucked against Hawaii last year because of poor coaching and our talent level was more like a really good G5 school IMO. Let's see how he plays in conference against Stanford's and Washington's defense...then I'll be impressed.

I don't know if he's pro material. He has a slow release, not a lot of zip, couldn't hit anything past 10-15 yards and had the benefit of wide open receivers all day and absolutely no pressure. Time will tell for Mr. Summer's Eve I guess. Still wish the ****er threw 4 INTs and was benched.

I'll buy the fact his short throws were better than Sefo's...it fits the bear raid perfectly but is our offense that reliant on that type of passing game? IDK...I do know their offense is more talented and much better coached and schemed.

One game against an average G5 team whom they clearly outmatched talent wise isn't a good indication. We sucked against Hawaii last year because of poor coaching and our talent level was more like a really good G5 school IMO. Let's see how he plays in conference against Stanford's and Washington's defense...then I'll be impressed.

I don't know if he's pro material. He has a slow release, not a lot of zip, couldn't hit anything past 10-15 yards and had the benefit of wide open receivers all day and absolutely no pressure. Time will tell for Mr. Summer's Eve I guess. Still wish the ****er threw 4 INTs and was benched.
Lots of rationalization going on. First game at a new school, with new personnel, playing the 1st game of the season in a different hemisphere and all he did was complete 70% of his throws for over 400 yards, 4 TD 0 INTs, and a rushing TD. Pretty good day.

I hope Sefo has a great season, but that qb that played yesterday would start at CU and it's really not close.

Eh I still think it's obvious Cal has far better playmakers and a far better OL and system that overall contributes to people thinking Webb was so magical more than his actual talent level. Actually the statements about his line are pretty odd because he's done similar lines in the past and played far better than he did last night, so I don't know what exactly the line is supposed to tell me other than he's the same guy who played QB for Texas Tech as if that's some sort of shock. He torched bad teams, looked inconsistent at best against good teams, guess he'll try that again. He still looked like the same guy who would throw 2-4 picks against real competition, Hawaii should've had at least 2 themselves. That game showed a lot by the fact that we can't give a QB, like Webb or Sefo, anywhere near the type of supporting cast and system Cal can. If we did, it really wouldn't matter so much which one was in our backfield.

I think the biggest difference between Webb and Sefo is anticipation. Webb anticipates people getting open and they get the ball right when they come open. Sefo has trouble doing this and it why he ends up scrambling around and throwing it away after pump faking a couple times, he only sees receiver when they are open but it's too late.

Hawaii's 4-3 isn't built to defend the air raid and UH lost three defensive starters due to disciplinary reasons. So I am going to hold my opinion until I see Webb play a real defense. I was more impressed with Cal's ability to run the fb in short yardage.

The system helps these QBs look good. Has Dykes or the pirate in the North ever had a QB that didn't look great? That said I do like Webb's size and vision.

It's ok for CU fans to admit we would be better off with Davis Webb at QB and still be 100% behind Sefo for this year.

Exactly. Webb looked like a guy who the NFL will like and will draft early. He's in the right offense for himself, too. Has nothing to do with what kind of year Sefo might have and on which QB was the better guy to lead the 2016 Buffs team.

Eh I still think it's obvious Cal has far better playmakers and a far better OL and system that overall contributes to people thinking Webb was so magical more than his actual talent level. Actually the statements about his line are pretty odd because he's done similar lines in the past and played far better than he did last night, so I don't know what exactly the line is supposed to tell me other than he's the same guy who played QB for Texas Tech as if that's some sort of shock. He torched bad teams, looked inconsistent at best against good teams, guess he'll try that again. He still looked like the same guy who would throw 2-4 picks against real competition, Hawaii should've had at least 2 themselves. That game showed a lot by the fact that we can't give a QB, like Webb or Sefo, anywhere near the type of supporting cast and system Cal can. If we did, it really wouldn't matter so much which one was in our backfield.
Stop analyzing...or as some call rationalizing :)

Exactly. Webb looked like a guy who the NFL will like and will draft early.
After 1 game against an outmatched opponent? Too early. He is the same guy who lost his starting job at TTU. I'm interested to see him against Stanford and Washington. I still hope he sucks.

Stop analyzing...or as some call rationalizing :)
Hilarious. Everyone here went from 6 to midnight when he committed because he appeared to be a huge upgrade at the QB position. Then he goes out and puts up huge numbers in his debut and suddenly guys like you are talking about him having a slow release, not having any zip, and being the beneficiary of the system he plays in. That's rationalization brother.

Schek is right, it's possible to support Sefo while also acknowledging we'd be better off with Webb.

No question, Webb did his thing; and as predicted, many people are really still emotionally hung up on his decision to spurn the Buffs. That said, it is possible to reserve judgment on who CU is better off with. Also, let me get in before someone bugs out after Sefo does not put up as big a stat line against CSU.

Hilarious. Everyone here went from 6 to midnight when he committed because he appeared to be a huge upgrade at the QB position. Then he goes out and puts up huge numbers in his debut and suddenly guys like you are talking about him having a slow release, not having any zip, and being the beneficiary of the system he plays in. That's rationalization brother.

Schek is right, it's possible to support Sefo while also acknowledging we'd be better off with Webb.
Wrong. Just analyzing. I wasn't convinced he was an instant upgrade. There's a reason he couldn't keep the starting job at TTU. He may well have been an upgrade...we'll have to see how the season goes for both players. Webb has the benefit of being on a more talented and better coached team.

ND State v. Charleston Southern on ESPN. Mack Brown and some play-by-play hack saying "the Fargodome, one of the great venues in all of college sports!!" What does it hold 19K? What a ****ing moron.

Back