What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Finally had it with the Denver media tonight

Buffsoldier

Watched 9 news tonight, they yakked it up about the fifth down game, no surprise there. Thing that pissed me off though was them referring to it as "The most famous play in Colorado history". Not sure why, but that sent me over the edge. So this email just went off to 9news.

"You owe the University of Colorado, and it's thousands of alumni and fans in the Denver area, an apology. The infamous Fifth Down play as the "most famous play in Colorado history"???? Have you ever heard of "The Catch" against Michigan??? Or any of a dozen others? That statement was both slanderous and blatantly anti-CU. It is positively shameful the bias you've shown against your local University.

If you have any honor and integrity as a "news" organization, you will issue a retraction and an apology to CU, it's alumni and fans, and to the football team of the University of Colorado.

Buffsoldier
CU class of 1996"

I/we've taken a lot of **** from the media over the last 20 years, and it's time they start being told that they're pissing off the people who pay their salaries.

Anyways, just felt like sharing. Flame away.

Could you imagine if a Denver sports guy said, "John Elway will always be remembered first as the quarterback who lost the most lopsided game in Super Bowl history 55-10"?

Could you imagine if a Denver sports guy said, "John Elway will always be remembered first as the quarterback who lost the most lopsided game in Super Bowl history 55-10"?

****, wish I could have thought of that while typing that angry letter up. Woulda been a good inclusion.

Watched 9 news tonight, they yakked it up about the fifth down game, no surprise there. Thing that pissed me off though was them referring to it as "The most famous play in Colorado history". Not sure why, but that sent me over the edge. So this email just went off to 9news.

"You owe the University of Colorado, and it's thousands of alumni and fans in the Denver area, an apology. The infamous Fifth Down play as the "most famous play in Colorado history"???? Have you ever heard of "The Catch" against Michigan??? Or any of a dozen others? That statement was both slanderous and blatantly anti-CU. It is positively shameful the bias you've shown against your local University.

If you have any honor and integrity as a "news" organization, you will issue a retraction and an apology to CU, it's alumni and fans, and to the football team of the University of Colorado.

Buffsoldier
CU class of 1996"

I/we've taken a lot of **** from the media over the last 20 years, and it's time they start being told that they're pissing off the people who pay their salaries.

if it was soicher... and my guess that it was... I've heard he always blows his teleprompter i think he either read it wrong or it was wrong in the prompter... but i would guess it was supposed to be the most INfamous moment

It wasn't Soicher. I think it was Rod Mackey.

Which makes it worse 'cause he's a CU grad, according to his bio on the 9news website.

Vic Lombardi did a story on the fifth down play on Channel 4 tonight too.... :rolling_eyes:

Buffsoldier
CU class of 1996"

...Flame away.

Well I understand the passion, that's for sure. Let's just remember that when you sign your name and year of graduation that in the same letter you realize this:

it's= it is
its= possessive

Also it isn't slander when it's obviously an opinion.

Again, I love the passion but you know if anyone over there actually reads this they'd say something like, "Well, gee, I'm not going to really care what someone who confuses its/it's." And let's be honest, how many more famous plays are there besides The Catch? The 5th Down play has at least gotta be top 3. I'll always have a soft spot for Vickers stiff-arming the **** outta that Rammie.

And now I'll stop being a dick.

After all these years I still don't get why people make that big of a deal about it. If the down markers read correctly, CJ wouldn't have spiked the ball on 4th down, he would have ran it in the endzone just like what happened anyway on the official "4th down".

I dont know any of the jackoffs you guys are talking about but I did watch the fifth down game tonight on Classic lol.

9news had an ad on the scoreboard at the Georgia game. It said, "9 news, proud supporters of CU football!" :rolling_eyes:

I don't watch local news.

Me neither. It is garbage and especially in sports they are sensationalists.

Excellent email though Buffsoldier. I am proud of you. Keep it up.

Vic and Gary were talking about it this morning. I wish our local media would attempt to show some type of support for CU. It doesn't seem that will ever happen though.

Would we be more/less mad if a national news outlet did this? Just wondering. Guess it would suck either way.

I will add Salaam's long TD run against ISU to top 2,000. That play has to be Top 5. And maybe one of Chris Brown's TD's against NU in '01.

Denver infotainment has always been a bunch of sphincter munchers in my book....nothing has changed, it's all about sensationalism and ratings, and THEN the facts if they can squeeze it in between the CU bashing and lost puppy stories....

9news had an ad on the scoreboard at the Georgia game. It said, "9 news, proud supporters of CU football!" :rolling_eyes:

They meant this:

slazenger-pro-jockstrap.jpg

And the rebuttal from Mr. Mackey:

SORRY TO SAY IT BUFFSOLDIER BUT YOU'RE WRONG..
NOT ONLY IT IS THE MOST FAMOUS PLAY IN CU HISTORY..
IT'S ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS PLAYS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL PERIOD.

THE CATCH MAY HAVE BEEN THE BEST PLAY..
BUT THEY'VE DONE POLLS... AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE.

BY THE WAY.. YOU ARE THE FIRST PERSON EVER TO ACCUSE ME OF BEING ANTI-CU.
I GRADUATED FROM BOULDER IN 90.. AND I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY CSU AND
NEBRASKA FANS EMAIL AND TALK ABOUT ME BEING BIAS TOWARDS CU.

ROD
CU CLASS OF 1990

What sayeth the Allbuffs crowd? Is he right? Do I owe him an apology? Seriously, I'll issue one if I was out of line and wrong.​

He may not be Anti-CU, BUT given the coverage that usually comes out of that particular station, We can can only hear it as negative.

Just once I would like to hear someone (on any network) talk about the counter point of that game, the "fair" field conditions that Mizzery had prepared.

ROD
CU CLASS OF 1990

What sayeth the Allbuffs crowd? Is he right? Do I owe him an apology? Seriously, I'll issue one if I was out of line and wrong.​

correct him about the difference between famous and INfamous in your apology

Invite him to your next tailgate; he sounds awesome.

Buffsoldier
CU class of 1996"

One play was pivotal to a share of a Title, another was really just another play in a season. Which is more memorable again?

After all these years I still don't get why people make that big of a deal about it. If the down markers read correctly, CJ wouldn't have spiked the ball on 4th down, he would have ran it in the endzone just like what happened anyway on the official "4th down".

Because it was so incredibly unusual! I hate that everyone keeps bringing it up too but you have to admit.

Have you EVER heard of that happening before in the history of football? And for the team that it happens to wins the game on that 5th down and then that team goes on to win the national championship?!?!?!?

Come on, I have to agree with it being one of the, if the not THE, most infamous play in CU history. I hate it but it is.

Oh and I also just watched the replay of the game tonight. A few plays before the 5th down Johnson throws the ball to our TE and he could have walked into the endzone but...he slipped. I don't feel bad for taking that victory, just like Mcartney said "If the game had been remotely fair he would have considered giving the game back to Misery"

I have never liked it that Mac complained about the crappy field. Both teams had to play on it. :huh:

It's not like it was rainy and it was equal, Mizzery fixed the conditions of the field, they had the opportunity to bring longer spikes or whatever. They knew far in advance that the field conditions would hurt CU and how to work it to their advantage.

I have never liked it that Mac complained about the crappy field. Both teams had to play on it. :huh:

There were special cleats we did not have for the Omniturf in that shape. Mizzou intentionally set up awful conditions to their advantage. As stated, it wasn't like we're talking about a grass field that had a big rainstorm blow through.

ROD
CU CLASS OF 1990

Apology? I don't think so. 9"News" was on the forefront of regurgitating Lisa Simpson's PR firm's press releases. They can all go suck an egg as far as I'm concerned.

Back