1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally, THE issue is addressed!

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by cubuffs11, Jul 26, 2013.

1. cubuffs11

cubuffs11 Club Member Club Member

:lol:

Clearing Something Up
    It was reported by some last November that we (CU) was on the cheap and wouldn’t buy bottled water for the football offices. For the record, no campus department can generally buy bottled water with state dollars per university policy (it’s a waste of money and not efficient). However, we can all have 5-gallon water coolers; football had those removed because they simply preferred individual bottles instead of refilling personal containers. Also, they wanted bottled water for recruiting purposes (so kids could carry those around), which we could reimburse for; Jon coordinated purchases of those on his own (or through his assistant), and when he did so, was reimbursed for those costs. As for Jon buying his own desk, he didn’t like the one his predecessor, Dan Hawkins, had been using or any that the university supplier could offer, so he decided to buy his own. The university/state will thus not reimburse if you don’t select from the vendors on the bid lists. So that’s the story behind the story. (Desks are very personal; I’ve had the same one my entire career.)

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=208837561

OrangeBowl likes this.
  2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

3. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Bottled water, on the average, is more expensive than gasoline. I simply cannot understand why people buy it. PT Barnum was right....

4. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

Shark tank?

5. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

And the majority of it passed through a municipal water system on it's way to the bottle.

A few years back I was on a tour of the Mesa Water Treatment plant in Colorado Springs and we talked for a while with the chemist who was on duty. They have a complete water lab on site and run test of the water coming out of the plant as well as have employees who drive to various locations in the system to fill glass bottles out of peoples taps for testing.

He told us that the federal standards for municipal water are much stricter than bottled water. He also said that at various times they had tested different brands of water and very few were as clean as what was coming out of peoples taps in the city, in fact a few of them would not be legal and would trigger required action on their part.

6. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

even if....a one time purchase buys you a water filter....no need to be buying water in 10 oz bottles anyway...a good one for a hundy or two pays for itself pretty fast if you are buying cases of el dorado like you see peeps at King Soopers pushing around a shopping cart full the stuff "on sale".

7. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

NM. Probably wouldn't be so funny tomorrow after I sleep this one off!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  8. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

:yeahthat:

I might add that a close friend of mine who works at the Marston water treatment plant in Denver has told me before that much of the water drank by Colorado residents has never been pissed out more than once & then recycled, just treated, where as in Chicago it's been pissed out & recycled on average 28 times. In fact, the tap water in Colorado ranks at the very top almost every year in competitive taste tests. So buying bottled water in Colorado is pretty much a waste of $$$

9. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Plati needs to learn to just let **** go.

10. Ralphandler1

Ralphandler1 Member

Anyone else notice that Evian spelled backwards= Naive?

Highlander and MtnBuff like this.
  11. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

:doh:

12. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Ssabmud must have been taken.

13. CUAviator

CUAviator Well-Known Member

As a tax-paying American, I have a moral objection to bottled water! I expect my taxes to provide clean air and water and we, as Americans, have some of the cleanest tap water in the world (can't touch Scandinavia). So, JE, take your f-ing bottled water and suck! And as for the damn desk, welcome to the world of bureaucratic budgets just like those of us in the military. Deal with it (or win some friggin games and prove you're worth a desk).

14. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Embree more worried about how his desk looked and whether he had bottled water than winning football games. CU should have supplied him with a Football for Dummies book instead. Maybe he would have won more than 4 games in 2 yrs.

I feel so dumb giving Embree a semi-pass after the CSU loss last year.

15. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Reclaimed water: from your neighbors toilet to your lips....