What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fire Toby. Hire Dave.

how do grown men, many years removed from high school, harbor a hatred for a ****ing high school?

I hate Fairview. And if Carlo Kemp doesn't come to CU, I'm really going to hate Fairview. Better dead than Red!!! Aiiiieeeeeee! Go Panthers! :woot:

how do grown men, many years removed from high school, harbor a hatred for a ****ing high school?

it isn't that.

it is the interminable constant blather every year about how logan could save CU. it is so ****ing played out and boring. i'm going to start editing any threads on this subject to make them more interesting to me.

**** creek, **** Mullen, **** chaparral, **** highlands ranch, and **** DC. Oh. And **** Regis too since we're on the topic.

Am I doing it right? :thumbsup:

(P.S. If you're a recruit from one of the above schools, I've got nothing but love for CO football as long as you commit to CU).

Would love it if we could bring Darrin home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC is also considered a good special teams coach, so he's streaks ahead of nienas on that score.

Last edited:
DC is also considered a good special teams coach, so he's streaks ahead of nienas on that score.

He is what I mentioned earlier, a guy with a solid resume, lots of energy, who happens to have CU in his background.

Everyone hates Creek unless they are playing Valor. Then everyone hates Valor and deservedly so. **** them.

I'm totally ignorant here, where is he coaching? Also could we get him if we offered? I remember him as a player and believe he was a Brown for a few years, not much else that I recall. Good to see he's on his feet.

I'm totally ignorant here, where is he coaching? Also could we get him if we offered? I remember him as a player and believe he was a Brown for a few years, not much else that I recall. Good to see he's on his feet.

Haha. Dave logan is the best coach in the state of Colorado.

I think it is actually a joke

Dave was first put up as the CU guy by a couple of old guys on the radio sometime in the eighties. If you are out of state, you don't listen to him every evening doing drive time sports so you don't feel the connection to him that some in the Denver market do. He has had good, even great, success at each of his jobs in the Denver market as a coach. He has chaffed competitors by getting good athletes to come to his schools. Is it his reputation or his recruiting that brings them? Either way he gets them and wins. I think if he wanted to expand, replacing Nienas would be a logical next step. Special teams is the sort of place he could grow from high school to collegiate. His demeanor and acumen would probably take him far in college coaching if he chose that path. Right now I think he works in radio, TV and is arguably the top high school coach in Colorado. In the aggregate he probably is pulling seven figures and he is given the flexibility to pull off all of these jobs. I think if he ever chose to go down the path of collegiate coach, he would probably be expected to give up the ancillary stuff and just do the one job. It is for that reason that it will never happen. But, it opens up some interesting off season banter and really gets under the skin of some who are irrationally invested in the argument. Thus it is perfect for All Buffs. Kind of like brining up a college scholarship for the head coaches kid. It really isn't that big of a deal, but it pisses me off in an irrational and dysfunctional sort of way.

it opens up some interesting off season banter and really gets under the skin of some who are irrationally invested in the argument. Thus it is perfect for All Buffs. Kind of like brining up a college scholarship for the head coaches kid. It really isn't that big of a deal, but it pisses me off in an irrational and dysfunctional sort of way.
Flounder = the junta's sock method to drive traffic.

Dave Logan is currently coaching at Cherry Creek and just won the 5a State Championship, defeating the 5 time defending champion Valor Christian. He won his first state title at Arvada West back in 1997(??), then went and won it at Chatfield (carried by Lendale White), won it 3 or 4 times in a row at Mullen and just won another at Creek. He's notorious for convincing players to "Open Enroll" at whatever school he's at, even though their commute to the school could be 45 minutes to an hour (this was specific to Lendale White's case). We scrimmage CC every pre season and the best part of the past few years was seeing all the good Creek players take off their pads and wearing Mullen football shirts (Milo Hall comes to mind).

Logan is a very nice guy and great football coach. Some may argue that he gets by because of the talent he "recruits" to his programs, and while that clearly helps a lot, he does know his **** when it comes to coaching football.

Look never said he didn't. I get he can coach, does he wanna play second fiddle is my question? That and will he be into or even interested in college?

Look never said he didn't. I get he can coach, does he wanna play second fiddle is my question? That and will he be into or even interested in college?

Luke, I was more just responding to your initial question about who he was and where he coached. I was going to end my post by saying that, with all that said, there is virtually zero chance he would ever leave his current gig of HS coaching, radio/tv host and Broncos play by play, but it's been stated multiple times already. There have been plenty of opportunities for him to take a position at CU over the years (if there was ever even any mutual interest) and this is hardly the most attractive one.

Back