What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

First depth chart is out

A few thoughts...
* Webb...really?
* DL looks pretty decent actually
* LB look pretty lame actually
* Yuri Wright is 3rd on the depth chart?
* Glad to see Powell and Nembot starting.

Wow - Yuri down to #3 CB. Who is Harrison Hunter for crying out loud?
Also interesting to see Gillam at the #1 ILB over Daigh.

Guys I wouldn't read anyting into Webb. With all of the chart's "AND"s the players were listed in numerical order. Webb just has honor of #4. If Wood were #3, he'd be listed first.

First pencil depth chart is out

No real surprises. And BC90, look at this.

“There’s no pecking order – no first, second or third string at quarterback right now,” MacIntyre said, adding that the elevation of that foursome represents “just an opportunity to get more reps. When we come out of spring ball and go into the fall, we won’t have a definite starter then either. We’ll look at the freshman (Sefo Liufau) coming in, too, to see if he’s ready to get in the mix. We’ll have to get the mix down very quickly to probably three guys and then rotate and see where they sit.”

Should have read the article first re: Daigh and Yuri. Understandable that guys moved ahead due to them not being able to go full tilt due to injury.

That depth chart has a ton of surprises. I really hope some of these guys start grading out better so we can justify getting the best athletes on the field.

Well, if Hirsch or Wood can't unseat Webb, then it is pretty much over for them. Dillon and Sefu hopefully will take over the QB slots.

So once again we have no #1 QB and don't expect to have one going into fall. UGGG.

Yeah. No surprise that a nobody who gray-shirted at SJSU this past fall and made most buff fans grown when he signed, will likely be a starter as a True Freshman!

Mac probably got lucky to find out after the kid got here that he could play a little....

Wow - Yuri down to #3 CB. Who is Harrison Hunter for crying out loud?
Also interesting to see Gillam at the #1 ILB over Daigh.

Harrison Hunter

I expected him to make a move last year as I heard he is very athletic. Played one year of football in HS, but was a good point guard. One to watch develop I think.

Tight End position depth chart looks pretty bleek without Hobbs and screams out "we need to go find a Juco"!

The Hobbs situation doesn't sound good to me. No inside info, just common sense.

Ones that stood out to me:

1. Mosely 3rd string Safety (Boundary)
2. Gillam 1st string ILB
3. Smith 1st string Safety (Field)
4. Jones 2nd string RB (ahead of Abron and Ford)
5. Wright 3rd string CB (although he was injured and not indicative of his performance per se)

Yay Jordan Webb!

That is one undersized football team.
This. Offensive line looks scary bad. Someone please tell I am way off. Oh, and the whole we have no separation amongst the 4 QBs thing is just depressing. Basically we have no QBs. Can Moten enter the competition?

Mosley third behind Moten and Orms is the most eye catching to me.

Johnny Stuart listed at 250 pleases me.

Tyler Henington listed at 270 doesn't please me as much. I forget how much he came in at, though.

LB depth is really scary. Good thing we didn't recruit many of those, eh Jon. :bang:

Hobbs is having trouble at home and didn't participate in practices this spring.
Ringo lied to me in chat yesterday.

• Why haven't we seen more of Vincent Hobbs this Spring?
    by BuffNut 12:42 PM yesterday
  • 4f6c3ae1-d118-4bb1-bd49-76f4e51598a2.jpg
    I think part of that is the limited amount of offense they have installed. Nothing really comes to mind with him. I've seen him out there competing.

MM is getting half the picture with Webb and Hirsch. He hasn't seen their durability issues that will pop up when the real games start.

MM is getting half the picture with Webb and Hirsch. He hasn't seen their durability issues that will pop up when the real games start.

No evidence to support that statement. Nick had some foot issues. Every player has an injury from time to time. Webb has been pretty damn durable actually, considering the abuse he has taken!

I'm much more interested in them finding a QB with the skillset. Of all the QBs, Dillon's shoulder worries me the most.

Back