What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

First Snow

The biggest snow game I remember was Kansas in '91. They could not keep the snow off the field even with tractors. You could not see the yard markings. Vance Joseph came in place of injured Hagan and led the buffs to a close victory.

The coldest game I have ever been to was that same year against Nebraska, it was just cold then, not snowing, but a lot of snow on the ground, and they didn't clear it out of the stands then so students were having snowball fights and throwing snowballs at the Nebraska players.

Tailgating for that fusker game, we had a pot of chili going the grill, and it still froze. Zero degrees at kickoff, and Folsom was still packed. :thumbsup: One of my favorite all time games, mainly because of it was the first time I ever tried scotch. :smile2:

I was colder during the '91 KU game than I was the '91 fusker game. Just remember it being a really wet snow during the KU game and just about everything I had on was soaked.

It should snow vs. Texas from every year now moving forward. In other words twice in the next two decades lol...

That KSU game in '96 was unbelievably cold. Great game. I walked over from my apartment to that one. I had to make sure I was over served by kickoff in order to keep warm.

That KSU game in '96 was unbelievably cold. Great game. I walked over from my apartment to that one. I had to make sure I was over served by kickoff in order to keep warm.

My brother forgot his jacket to that game. What a maroon. :lol:

Luckily for him, our section was full and people were packed in so he wasn't that cold.

Back