What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

First time in 29 years

Unleash Hell

That there are no Florida schools in the top 25.

Should CU take advantage of that and go recruit down there? That is how they got all that great talent out of Louisiana, Texas and California in the late 80's and early 90's. LSU, Texas, USC etc were all down.

You can only focus on a limited number of places. If we can continue in CA and CO, and make gains in TX and NJ/MD, we'll be doing well. The coaching staff has already proven that they're willing to put in the homework to get in first on lots of quality prospects. They can only do that for a limited number of areas. Unless we get an "in" in Florida like we did in TX with Kennedy, we'd be spreading ourselves too thin.

That there are no Florida schools in the top 25.

Should CU take advantage of that and go recruit down there? That is how they got all that great talent out of Louisiana, Texas and California in the late 80's and early 90's. LSU, Texas, USC etc were all down.

I don't think that's something we can do well. The opportunity is there, but probably not for CU. I definitely think we need to be watching Miami and other programs closely, though, because sanctions could open up a ton of transfer opportunities for us.

Agree with the previous posts. We don't seem to have an "in" there, so there's little point at the moment. Keep the focus on West Coast & TX, along with the renewed effort to some extent in the Mid-Atlantic.

I noticed Wisconsin seems to go down there for a lot of their speed guys. Midwest for the meat and Florida for the speed.

That said, I don't think it's worth it. We have all we will ever need in Texas/Cali. Then aim to Hawaii/Arizona/Nevada/Colorado for some guys.

Back