What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Flasback to 2005; Dan Hawkins Named Colorado Head Football Coach

I would like to point out the fallacy of someone a few posts above me implying that we are losing now in a manner that is similar to the way we were "losing" under Barnett. I am not sure what your definition of losing is but Barnett won significantly more games than he lost.

Downhill momentum was gathering under Barney, and he didnt have the energy or desire that was going to change it. Blame it on whoever you want but we didnt have the talent or depth to compete in the Big 12, or D1 for that matter, after Barney picked up his last check. Hawk may be doing a piss poor job of getting us out of the hole, but he didnt create it. This ****ing revisionist history is driving me nuts.

I do not buy that Hawk was hired only to come in and only run a clean program. the guy had the highest active win % in CFB. he was gonna get a good but BCS job.

we were "lucky" we were the first BCS school hiring that year in the proverbial "carousel".

next time we hire we are looking at guys who have been turned down for other jobs or other moronic failures with Mac former players. according the internet. Hawk was close to number 1 and bad nation wide (to paraphrase ZZ Top when they were good).

Hawk's failure was he didn't get experienced Big XII (they are out there) or BCS type coordinators assistants in year 1. he thought he was too smart, even though he's never called plays or been a coordinator.

Last edited:
Hawk's failure was he didn't get experienced Big XII (they are out there) or BCS type assistants in year 1. he thought he was too smart, even though he's never called plays or been a coordinator.

Unfortunately, being a good husband seems to have been one of the more important job requirements to be on Hawk's staff.

If Hawk does survive to next season, I'm glad he's opening things up with Ambrose joining the mix. We need some more color on that staff, too.

Unfortunately, being a good husband seems to have been one of the more important job requirements to be on Hawk's staff.

If Hawk does survive to next season, I'm glad he's opening things up with Ambrose joining the mix. We need some more color on that staff, too.

i'm not sure what this post means, but there's an SI article about how why Stoops left Snyder to UF and the old Ball Coach and did the same when he first got to OU about real working hours and families. family nights in the coaches offices. why the stoops left KSU because their dad died of heart attack on the football field and they didn't want to do that.

let's not go overboard here. i don't think our problem is we are reading too many kids books at bedtime while the other guys grind their children into sand and dysfunction.

i'm not sure what this post means, but there's an SI article about how why Stoops left Snyder to UF and the old Ball Coach and did the same when he first got to OU about real working hours and families. family nights in the coaches offices. why the stoops left KSU because their dad died of heart attack on the football field and they didn't want to do that.

let's not go overboard here. i don't think our problem is we are reading too many kids books at bedtime while the other guys grind their children into sand and dysfunction.

There is fun in dysfunction...:smile2:

Back