What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fly Dre

Not really re: Rodman. He chose to focus on rebounding, defense and passing. Every once in a while, he'd decide it would be fun to drop 15 or 20 points on a team and everyone in the NBA knew he was capable of doing that whenever he felt like it. So they had to guard him.
Dre has offensive skills, though, too. If he's a "weak link", that's not much of a weakness. Ignore him at your own risk.

Dre is 8-13 from 3 & 7-12 from 2 in these last 4 games against the 2 prior NBA champs. Nothing new really, just Dre swatting everyone's perception of him as he's been doing this whole decade.

I'm not a huge OKC fan, but I'm happy for Dre that he's playing so well for a team that is at an elite level right now.

Plus I want him to silence that ****er that called him a weak link.

Dre is just killing the warriors on the defensive end in this game. had some nice highlights in the first and is impacting the game all over the court in the second.

I respectfully disagree Darth. I think Roberson is having an incredible 4th quarter, particularly with his activity on defense. But in the first half and parts of the third, he didn't fight through a few picks and got lost on some plays, including giving up a few blow-bys. His 4th quarter though - more consistent and better energy...great 4th quarter so far.

with 3 minutes left he has 17, 11, 5 steals, 2 blocks, 3 assists. arguably the best player on the court in the 4th. doing a pretty good job of ripping out the throats of the warriors.

I respectfully disagree Darth. I think Roberson is having an incredible 4th quarter, particularly with his activity on defense. But in the first half and parts of the third, he didn't fight through a few picks and got lost on some plays, including giving up a few blow-bys. His 4th quarter though - more consistent and better energy...great 4th quarter so far.
Yea, you wrong. He didn't have a perfect game, but you are missing a lot if you aren't seeing how he's changing the game. He's everywhere.

Yea, you wrong. He didn't have a perfect game, but you are missing a lot if you aren't seeing how he's changing the game. He's everywhere.

This is with specific reference to the first half you mention. I thought he had a great overall game, especially with his 4th quarter that I thought was stellar. But the first half, I give his game a C. Yes, he had a few nice plays, but to me they are countered with several mess-ups - all on the D end. He was not killing it on the defensive end in the first half.

What makes Dre great for OKC is that he can have a game like this then he can go out next game and only score 5 points but still be a significant factor in the game for them.

Offensively, Westbrook and Durant are what they are. Finally healthy. Westbrook is the most explosive guard in the NBA and he's a friggin' assassin in the MJ & Kobe mode. The heir apparent to that. KD is a freak of nature to play the game he does at his height. Most difficult cover and best pure scorer in the NBA. Now with Dre coming into his own, they've got the guy who can disrupt the offense of the other team, raise energy, get them extra possessions, and frustrate/limit a main scorer for the opponent. I don't know if that's a formula anyone can beat. Especially with Donovan coaching them. Protege to Pitino and better than his mentor.

Offensively, Westbrook and Durant are what they are. Finally healthy. Westbrook is the most explosive guard in the NBA and he's a friggin' assassin in the MJ & Kobe mode. The heir apparent to that. KD is a freak of nature to play the game he does at his height. Most difficult cover and best pure scorer in the NBA. Now with Dre coming into his own, they've got the guy who can disrupt the offense of the other team, raise energy, get them extra possessions, and frustrate/limit a main scorer for the opponent. I don't know if that's a formula anyone can beat. Especially with Donovan coaching them. Protege to Pitino and better than his mentor.
Don't forget the Kiwi. Adams is a great player. Can distribute, rebounds, defends, and can score.

Don't forget the Kiwi. Adams is a great player. Can distribute, rebounds, defends, and can score.

Really well put together team. Ibaka is another very solid piece. He seems to have lost a bit of bounce, but he's still very efficient and gives double digits with plus rebounding just about every night. Great team.

Championship-level role player.

The kind of player contenders need to have. If there was a stat for winning loose/50-50 balls he'd be a league leader.

Never thought I'd be in the tank for OKC. And Billy Donovan. Wow. I love you, Billy Donovan.

Well he's doing a hell of a job, dude hustles all the time. Proud of him, hope he brings home that chip.

17 and 12 last night and a defensive stud.

Big time player for a team playing at a historic level. Good for him.

Kinda sucks for us Nuggets fans though, because KD's going to stay in OKC and they're going to be ****ing awesome for quite a bit longer.

So glad to see him coming into his own and getting the recognition. Fantastic effort in this series and his hard work is paying off. Good for Dre!

That's what sets OKC apart, they have athletic bigs and the so called small lineup is killing Golden State on the boards.

Back