What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fly Dre

Still, if they're killing GS's vaunted "Death Squad" like that, that's really amazing. No one could solve the Warriors' small lineup at all this year.

Not sure about the fans perspective but the sports media down here ragged on Dre all season. They felt his lack of offense from the SG spot was hurting the team.

They've changed their tune during the playoffs.

Not sure about the fans perspective but the sports media down here ragged on Dre all season. They felt his lack of offense from the SG spot was hurting the team.

They've changed their tune during the playoffs.

Sometimes his passiveness on offense does hurt the team. He can't just stand at the perimeter unguarded. As long as he's cutting & moving, he's fine and things flow.

Sometimes his passiveness on offense does hurt the team. He can't just stand at the perimeter unguarded. As long as he's cutting & moving, he's fine and things flow.
That's exactly what he's started to do, Barkley was talking about that last night.

And I'm pretty sure that's one of the things Donovan has changed during the playoffs. Dre seemed to have very few assignments within the offensive scheme during the season. An occasional corner trey or an occasional back door cut.

The changes have really caught GSW off guard.

Quite a ride for Dre indeed! One of the announcers made a point to point out Dre was from CU (free recruiting). Love it!!!

Quite a ride for Dre indeed! One of the announcers made a point to point out Dre was from CU (free recruiting). Love it!!!

Hopefully Tyler Bey is watching and listening. Elite defender we're trying to sign for the 2017 class. In the Dre mold.

KD got pissed at Dre last night and he was right. He should've shot the damn ball.

Meh. At the end of the day, GSW beat OKC because Curry/Thompson outscored Westbrook/Durant 57-46 in an 8-point game.

Oh I agree. Just saying what I saw. Get lazy against those guys and ur screwed. Sometimes, it doesn't even matter what you do. Also you can't go under screens if you aren't switching. Those dudes are in range at half court practically.

Another thing I'd give them different looks, some match up zone with man responsibility in it, some straight man, etc.. Mix it up.

KD got pissed at Dre last night and he was right. He should've shot the damn ball.

Dre air-balled his previous open 3 and looked too shook to shoot another one. this was by no means the reason they lost, but KD had a right to be pissed. If you're wide open from 3 and KD or westbrook pass you the rock, shoot it.

Westbrook played like the old, reckless Westbrook the last three games, and that's why OKC lost. Forced shots, out of control drives, and careless turnovers.

Westbrook played like the old, reckless Westbrook the last three games, and that's why OKC lost. Forced shots, out of control drives, and careless turnovers.
Durant didn't exactly light the world on fire either. It is always surprising to me to see KD get a pass by so many reporters, fans etc. but they attack Lebron over everything.

Durant didn't exactly light the world on fire either. It is always surprising to me to see KD get a pass by so many reporters, fans etc. but they attack Lebron over everything.

40, 29, and 27 in the last three games, and he shot a higher percentage from the floor than Westbrook with fewer turnovers.

Its not a pass, it's called KD isnt a dick head, and has got a teammate who is very easy to blame.

40, 29, and 27 in the last three games, and he shot a higher percentage from the floor than Westbrook with fewer turnovers.

Its not a pass, it's called KD isnt a dick head, and has got a teammate who is very easy to blame.
KD shot 42% from the field in the series and only 29% from three. While Westbrook had similar stats I wouldn't say that KD had a great series. Yes Westbrook had a bad game 7 but he is also the main reason they won a couple games earlier in the series.

KD shot 42% from the field in the series and only 29% from three. While Westbrook had similar stats I wouldn't say that KD had a great series. Yes Westbrook had a bad game 7 but he is also the main reason they won a couple games earlier in the series.
He was awful games 5-7

He couldn't get a deal done and will be a RFA next summer. 3 year starter but his 4.8/ 3.6 average from last year isn't going to get him a huge deal. If he can get more consistent from 3, then he could be a modern day Bruce Bowen. I'm guessing that since Adams and Oladipo both signed big contracts, the Thunder offered Dre a pretty low contract. I could see him getting close in the 8 or 9 per year range on his next contract.

http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=33560433&catId=112032

He couldn't get a deal done and will be a RFA next summer. 3 year starter but his 4.8/ 3.6 average from last year isn't going to get him a huge deal. If he can get more consistent from 3, then he could be a modern day Bruce Bowen. I'm guessing that since Adams and Oladipo both signed big contracts, the Thunder offered Dre a pretty low contract. I could see him getting close in the 8 or 9 per year range on his next contract.

http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=33560433&catId=112032

The team just traded for Grant, another athletic defense-minded player.

This might be Dre's last year in OKC.

Back