1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football: Connor Wood embracing role as CU Buffs' top quarterback

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by cmgoods, Jun 22, 2013.

1. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

This summer, Colorado football players have spent hours in film sessions. Separating into position groups, they sit down together and go over film and try to get better.

As the leading candidate to win the starting job at quarterback, Connor Wood has probably spent more time than most in those sessions. He's studied film with the quarterbacks, wide receivers, running backs and tight ends. He even decided to sit in with the defensive backs.

Read more...

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Connor really seems like a guy who "wants it". From the start, he seems to have put the work in and tried to do the right things. Maybe this caused him to be in his own head too much last year (I don't know). But I'll always root for a guy who is showing the effort.

3. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I really want it to work out for CW. He has put in the time and effort and has the talent. I think his big issue has always been between his ears, but I think he is getting past that.

4. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Connor's time is now. He has worked long and hard to get to where he is today. The QB job is his to lose. He has a nice fleet of WRs. Fan expectations are low. There is a lot of upside here.

I hope he is able to seize the moment and live up to that 5-star rating. If that line can give a little protection, he should have a good year.

5. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

4. Not 5

6. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

This staff is instilling confidence in these players, unlike Eric "Sir Screams-A-Lot" Bienemy. A much simpler call scheme helps QBs get out of their heads too. I don't care who the starter is, I just want to be in every game, even if we only win 2 or 3.

I do expect some big strides with the offense tho...PRich, faster receivers, good O line, PowPow, simpler offense, improved QB. The D will be better but PAC12 teams are still going to score a bunch of points on us...but being down 14 won't be a certain loss this year. #fingerscrossed

7. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

fify

8. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

It is also huge that M2 knows how to manage the mental part of the game making it sophisticated enough to be hard to defend but simple enough to not overwhelm his players.

I am hoping and expecting a lot of players on the team to be improved this year simply because M2 and staff will enable them to go out and play instead of being all tied up in mental knots.