1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football: CU Buffs' Josh Moten listed as starting safety

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Apr 2, 2013.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Kyle Ringo Buffzone.com

Josh Moten is listed as the starting safety for the Colorado football team on the first depth chart issued by the new coaching staff.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

I know this sounds petty, but he's listed as #1 on the depth chart, not as the starting safety.

It is April 2nd and there is no "starters" at this point. Just another Ringo-ism. Shouldn't a qualification to being a sports journalist be that you can sound like you have been around the sport?

Good for Moten though, showing some stuff after the last staff ignored him! He had a bad game at ASU in 2011 (when he had no business being on the field in the first place, but Greg Brown had forgotten to recruit DB's for most of his tenure here). Embree was like that wasn't he.

DD -you muffed a punt. Get out of here. I never want to see you again.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

From the practices I'd seen prior to Embree closing them, Moten was our most impressive DB in terms of ball skills. He was wildly inconsistent in coverage, but when he had himself in position he won the battles with the WRs and made interceptions.