1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Fever

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffskier, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Buffskier

Buffskier Club Member Club Member

Something to fuel the fire... Just got chills watching it. One of the best days that I have had in Folsom.

2007 CU v. OU

at 2:20 - I'm the guy in the white hat to the left of the sign... Didn't realize that I made it on TV that day!

2. Dalbuff

Dalbuff New Member

That was a good watch. Thanks, now I've got more a fever now than I did 5 mins ago.

I need more cowbell!

3. DrunkPanda

DrunkPanda Active Member

That was before we realized our school was a national joke... I don't remember those days

4. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

One of the best moments of my CU days... *sigh*

5. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

It's taboo, but I'll say it: 2007 was a fun season. I'll take a year of beating Oklahoma and beating Nebraska by putting 65 on them, not losing to CSU, winning at Texas Tech, stomping Baylor on the road. The glaring issue was going for it on 4th down on our own 40 up 21 at Iowa State and costing ourselves a win.

6. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

It's also probably the last time the majority of people liked the direction the cu football program was going in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

^^^^
    this ... emphatically.

I was feeling pretty good about Hawk and the direction the program was going in until that moment, having beat OU, T Tech at their place, Baylor, etc. But when hawk pulled that stunt, the worm turned for me. It showed he had no grasp of the game, and was more concerned with putting his "stamp" on the program as a "no holds barred, willing to take absurd chances" kind of coach. That call let ISU back in the game and totally changed the momentum.

We still went to a bowl game against an Alabama team rebuilding under Saban in his first year ... and after falling behind by three TDs early made a noble effort at a comeback in the second half, falling short at 27-24 IIRC. So things were still looking up. But that bonehead move by Hawk was a preview of what was to come in the next 3 (one too many) seasons.

8. DrunkRalphie

DrunkRalphie Well-Known Member

Best game I ever attended.

9. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Jesus, six freaking years? Ugh...

2010 could have been a decent year to, man...

10. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

that game was bonkers in the fourth quarter. i'm pretty sure i killed a poor girl trying to rush the field.

11. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

That was a rollercoaster season, but it was fun. The only game we really got blown out in was Mizzou. We were actually competitive in the other games, even if the final scores did not necessarily reflect it.

The ISU call was bad, but another 4th down call that drove me nuts that year was against KSU. We had basically been scratching and clawing to stay in the game the whole night and Hawkins inexplicably went for it on 4th down toward the end of the half. We don't make it and KSU gets a FG before halftime to extend their lead. Guy was a world class moron playing field position.

12. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Speaking of that 2007 season, Jeff Grimes has resurfaced as the OL coach at Virginia Tech.

13. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Just making his way around the country, gotta say I wish we has him when WB was here, probably would have pulled in a few of the 4* OL from the 2012 class.

14. Germinator

Germinator New Member

That was pretty much the last time I was at the game where anything good happened. Actually the West Virginia blackout game was a pretty fun victory to attend.

CU4.jpg CU2.jpg

15. Germinator

Germinator New Member

And even if the team sucks we still have the nicest views out CU1.jpg of any stadium in America