1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football: Jon Embree likely to face tough decisions in offseason

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Nov 8, 2012.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Kyle Ringo Buffzone.com

Jon Embree could be two weeks from encountering one of the toughest parts of his job for the first time.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

likely???? it better be damn certain!!!

3. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

I got about a third through, and then--and I'm being literal here--started descending into a rage.

Wins and losses don't matter this season, and possibly next? Embarrassment is acceptable? The message we're willing to send out to the world is that there is no standard so slow we won't reward it?

I can't believe I'm witnessing this ****. I.just.can't.believe.it! What the **** does it take? We've hired the lowest-paid, least qualified coach in the conference. His team is digressing, and on the verge of breaking all-time team and national records of ineptitude. And the answer to give him more time?

Look, fans understand we don't get immediate results with a new hire. But under no circumstances are these results acceptable. None.

If we invest in coaches, with name recognition and a history of success (and some qualifications as a coordinator, at a minimum) and maybe get around to announcing some facility upgrades, this thing will begin to turn. Not quickly, of course, but turn.

But how far are we willing to drag this wreckage into the hole? The recovery gets harder each passing day.

CU does not represent excellence. That message is loud and clear. I understand it's just football, but our academic record isn't strong enough to stand on it's own. Our athletics need to boost our overall image, and we are failing in an embarrassing way.

God that article pissed me off.

4. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

The fact that people are contacting the President shows what is wrong with CU. We all know that the administration is the problem - but why is the President answering questions about the AD like this? It's because he and Phil have WAY to much involvement.

They need to give Bohn what he needs to be successful then get out of the way

5. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

and once they do and if he cant then he needs to get out of the way

6. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I'm also so tired of reading another article comparing Embo's start to Mac's.

GMAFB

7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Well, at least everyone is looking out for CU's best interest here.:rolling_eyes:

8. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

I don't even need to read the article and my reaction to the RSSBot title is....

NO SH*T SHERLOCK!!!!

9. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Surprise, surprise. A Kyle Ringo article that, 1) says Embree's job is safe; and, 2) talks about how bad McCartney's early years were. Who would have guessed?

10. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

we haven't hit rock bottom yet-

11. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I read the column in the paper this morning. It made me want to vomit. I can't understand the total lack of any kind of standards. We're doubling down on ineptitude.

12. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Someone had to step in and fill Neill Woelk's shoes.

Why is it so difficult to get a media member who covers a sports team objectively instead of acting like a delusional homer? I want to hear some object coverage of a team when I listen to or read about sports, not a cheerleader.

13. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Sad, but true. It's a bottomless pit.

+1. Really a frustrating article.