What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football - Looking Ahead To 2016 - No Excuses

He may go at 4 wins and he's out at three-rick george will not tolerate back to back winless conference campaigns

I'm curious as to what this "No excuses" really means... If they keep making them, are you going to stop being a fan? If they win 1 P12 game this year and keep MM, will you stop going to games? If they fire MM and hire a coach that doesn't go to a bowl game in year one, what then? What's the end game for the no excuses crowd?
Oh, **** off, tini light. Anybody that is still a fan after this **** needs to be left the **** alone.

Did anyone get Bensen's email "Tackling Mental Health"? I felt like writing back and saying lets start with tackling on the football field and mental health issues of allbuffsfans with be cured instantly.

The hires of JL and Tumpkin were big time hires for this program and, IMO, anyone who believes they were brought here under the pretenses that the team had to win "X amount of games in 2015" or their jobs would be on the line, is naive. I also don't believe there were any "side conversations" between RG and JL. Rick George is too much of a professional for that sort of crap to be going on.

I stated this a while back and I still believe it... I think the clock started ticking on MM this year. I think Rick George understands that this program cannot continue to be a revolving door at Head Coach. It makes our leadership look ignorant of the overall problem.

Difference is that I'm not making definitive statements as to what will happen. I have my opinions, but I don't present them as if I'm speaking on behalf of RG.

Uh. No. You're as ignorant of yourself as 'Tini.

Preseason optimism meets a cruel Fall breeze of "now what". Praying the players that have busted their butts and are playing hard hang in there. OC and QB really struggling to find any confidence.

OC/HC should have played another QB last night, perhaps in the first half, certainly in the 2nd half. Gotta reboot this offense. Defense showed effort and a some improvement. Nothing special per ST, at all.

Now what = win a conference game (for starters) or move on.

Exhausting frankly.

Thanks....a shot of him yesterday...

flowers4.gif

So many issues and a lack of P5 talent. WSU beats Oregon in Eugene and the lambs get destroyed by Boise St. Our wins are against bad teams and we are getting blown out in the conference games. Originally thought we would get a couple of Pac wins this year and and continue to make progress. The D has but the overall the team has taken a step back this year. Not sure how MM survives if they do not turn around and become competitive and get a couple of conference wins. Just so tired of crap football. Just tired of it.

Sorry but I have to say it. It's like rubbing our face in it. We hire and pay coaches and throw in free education to their kids and their friends. So we all can help finance shjt shows. This Dad coach crap has to end. I wanted him to succeed. It aint happening... #realitycheck

We played better than I expected last night. The flip side is that ASU is not as good as I thought. I think we have an outside shot at a victory next weekend.

Having said that, here is the frustrating thing. Last night Utah and Cal played in a barn burner of a game matching top-25 opponents. Utah came into the conference from a non-P5 position at the same time we did. Cal's program was in a similar state when MacIntyre/Dykes were hired. Okay, our's was marginally worse, but Cal's was still ****ty. Utah is a top 5 team and Cal almost overcame FIVE fricking interceptions to beat them on the road. And we have no chance of overcoming one, let alone two, "lucky" plays. Meanwhile, we're staring down the barrel of another winless conference record unless we win next weekend or at OSU.

As for those "lucky" plays: teams with exceptional athleticism tend to get those, especially against lesser competition. Even if ASU doesn't pick up that fumble and run it in, there is at least an even chance they recover the fumble and still score on that possession. And we missed a tackle following the unfortunate Witherspoon tip.

There simply can't be any legitimate defenders of MM anymore. He hasn't recruited well and it doesn't seem like we're developing guys either. His clock management is horse****. Again at the end of the first half last night. This after Hawaii and whatever game it was last year where we effed it to hell in the red zone before half. Our team takes undisciplined penalties and plays undisciplined on STs. These are coaching issues, and he has got to take responsibility for them. The repetitive errors are ominous.

As for looking ahead to next year, there is nothing that gives me any confidence we'll be better next year. Hell, based on Sefo's current trajectory, there is a fair chance we could be worse.

A half way decent QB would make a world of difference, hypothetically speaking. Just think of all the missed opportunities all year long because of Sefo's misfires or poor reads.....

The hires of JL and Tumpkin were big time hires for this program and, IMO, anyone who believes they were brought here under the pretenses that the team had to win "X amount of games in 2015" or their jobs would be on the line, is naive. I also don't believe there were any "side conversations" between RG and JL. Rick George is too much of a professional for that sort of crap to be going on.

I stated this a while back and I still believe it... I think the clock started ticking on MM this year. I think Rick George understands that this program cannot continue to be a revolving door at Head Coach. It makes our leadership look ignorant of the overall problem.

So Adam is naive, then? He said in the below conversation that he believes the minimum for CU to have the patience with this staff to give them more than this year is 4. While I agree with the bulk of what you say, I also agree with the bulk of what Adam said in this interview last month-George likes MacIntyre. He believes that MM could be the coach for the future..........but he wants results. Back to back donuts in conference play (there is nothing from the last two weeks I've seen that leads me to believe that this isn't a significant possibility) with the highest paid staff in CU history probably doesn't qualify as such.

Sure, you could say you expect to get drilled by ASU at Tempe......but last week's performance (especially with the Wazzu victory at Oregon) is obvious evidence that this team has taken a step back. RG could not have been happy if he heard Todd Graham saying to Lewis Johnson after the game that they dominated a team they should have dominated.

I don't buy the revolving door argument when you have an AD in place who didn't hire the football coach. I also don't think RG's ego is big enough to where he has to make a move to get "his guy" in place. Having said that, I think RG won't hesitate to make a move if he feels like he needs to.
http://www.1043thefan.com/2015/09/02/adam-munsterteiger-fan-late-night/

Lose big, lose close, lose big, win close.... etc.

I think k we got the order screwed up

Back