What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Notes

Sexton Hardcastle

Club Member
Club Member
Just some info i've found around the net.

From ESPN.com
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?page=big12notebook080317
Goin' South

Colorado's coaching staff already has started preparing for its Sept. 18 nationally televised game with West Virginia by sending assistant coaches to South Florida to meet with defensive coordinator Wally Burnham.

The Mountaineers went 22-4 over the last two seasons, but two of the losses came against South Florida. While WVU averaged 41.2 points and 311.5 rushing yards per game from 2006-07, the Bulls limited the Mountaineers to an average of 16 points a game and 160 rushing yards.

Bull Market

Maybe Colorado coach Dan Hawkins has visions of bullish fullbacks like Pete Johnson or Jerome Bettis. Stocky 280-pound guard Kai Maiava, who made several freshman All-America teams last season, is moving to a hybrid fullback-tight end position.

Maiava's squat build appears to make him a prototypical lead blocker from the backfield for the Buffaloes. The position change will require him to lose some more weight; he hopes to play in the fall at 270.

"At first I was kind of hesitant because all I've ever learned in football is how to play O-line," Maiava told the Boulder Daily Camera. "Now I'm just kind of excited. Maybe I'll get the ball once or twice a year and maybe score a TD for the O-line.

"It's going to be a whole new world to me, but I'm liking it more and more, the more I learn."

Maiava is the nephew of former wrestler and current actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

From Rivals.com
http://www.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=785723

Spring Practice Preview

If Colorado football were on the NYSE, now would be the time to buy. They showed significant improvement in coach Dan Hawkins' second season, improving by four victories over 2-10 debacle of 2006, a slew of starters return and a top-15 recruiting class is coming in. There are some concerns, though. All-American linebacker Jordan Dizon, All-Big 12 cornerback Terrence Wheatley and leading rusher Hugh Charles are gone, and replacing them, as well as strengthening the offensive line will be of utmost importance this spring. Should the Buffs make progress in those areas, their stock should continue to rise. Here's a look at Colorado as it opens spring practice:

POSITIONS OF STRENGTH

Hypolite posted 11 tackles for loss and Nicolas will be a third-year starter this fall at defensive tackle. The Buffaloes have a lot of young talent at wide receiver; their top two last season were freshmen.

more...

Back