What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Student Section

This is a big deal that was too long in coming.

The type of home crowd we have starts with the students and they determine how tough a place Folsom is for opponents.

I'm very excited about this.

Love it. They were a big factor in turning around Bball excited to see what they can with Football.
It might be harder to effect the game in Football but there is still a definite impact.

Love it. They were a big factor in turning around Bball excited to see what they can with Football.
It might be harder to effect the game in Football but there is still a definite impact.

SEE: Texas A&M for a college football version
SEE: Seattle Seahawks 12th Man for NFL version

It can be done, if you have a committed group of fans.

the student section back in 1989 when Jeff George came to vist Folsom Field was off the chain...
he bitched it was too loud to the officials ... didn't work as he got sacked the very next play

During the McCartney/Weasel/Barnett years, the student section was pretty damn good.

During the McCartney/Weasel/Barnett years, the student section was pretty damn good.

That's because we were winning and we could buy beer in the stadium. But mostly because we were winning.

the student section back in 1989 when Jeff George came to vist Folsom Field was off the chain...
he bitched it was too loud to the officials ... didn't work as he got sacked the very next play
I remember that game, being in the student section and mocking him. That was awesome!

Student Section was good all the way up to 2005. 2006 is when the downfall started and students started showing up later and later and leaving earlier and earlier... all starting with Hawk and the dismal football that we've seen the better part of the last decade.

as as they pointed out so eloquently, George was a Pussy.

Pick any other school but aggy.

The 12th man at A&M is a pretty solid student section. They have nailed the coordination thing with the Midnight Yell. I know their cheerleaders are weird and all male and look like janitors but that is besides the point. For being very cult like they are pretty loud and energetic.

Excellent news. A rocking Folsom (been a while, I know) punches above its size in terms of atmosphere/noise. Been in many stadiums that seat 50s and 60s that don't match Folsom on its day. Going to take time, but here's hoping this takes off in unison with CU football ascending

They also sent out an email to students looking for help. Wish I could do it, but I'm not sure which games I'll be able to make. Very happy to see this happen finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also sent out an email to students looking for help. Wish I could do it, but I'm not sure which games I'll be able to make. Very happy to see this happen finally.

Did you get young alum tix this year or are you playing it by ear with single game tix?

Did you get young alum tix this year or are you playing it by ear with single game tix?

It's my work situation and what days I'm scheduled, but I've still got one semester left so I still got the student price. If I get the job I want I'll be good to go but otherwise it's gonna be a week-by-week thing.

It's my work situation and what days I'm scheduled, but I've still got one semester left so I still got the student price. If I get the job I want I'll be good to go but otherwise it's gonna be a week-by-week thing.

For some reason I thought you were done. How does that work with hoops tickets? Are you able to get student tix for the season even if you're done in December?

For some reason I thought you were done. How does that work with hoops tickets? Are you able to get student tix for the season even if you're done in December?

I kind of wish I was done, but at the same time I'm not. I was able to buy my student tickets a few days ago so hopefully they work, otherwise idk what I'm gonna do for basketball.

One of my best friends up here is the guy that has set it up and has his name signed at the bottom of the email. I am helping him with the leadership aspect of it. Like the C-Unit was for basketball this will take time, but with an improved product on the field it will do wonders. I'll keep you guys updated on the progress and what is talked about.

Bring back marshmallow fights. Or something else at half time to keep people occupied. It's so frustrating to see the student section empty out at half time to go drink at tailgates/dorms/apartments.

Also, please don't cave on the "**** em up, **** em up, go CU," cheer. I'm sure there will be pressure to end that cheer if there is an official student-run organization to complain to, but it's a CU tradition that should not die.

Back