What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Student Section

The solution isn't more scanners. It's elimination of the need for the scanners. If the ticket that a student gets is no different than the ticket everybody else gets, no special scanner is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the students it makes sense from a printing/loss prevention point of view. Also helps somewhat with the overselling of coors that occurs in the student section. What they should do is put all season tickets on a card and have the scanners at all gates. Be green and all that.

My info is fresh from the preview in the Daily Camera regarding the stadium this past weekend. They aren't changing it this year.

S2S beat me to it.

Ok, how does that contradict my post?

With the students it makes sense from a printing/loss prevention point of view. Also helps somewhat with the overselling of coors that occurs in the student section. What they should do is put all season tickets on a card and have the scanners at all gates. Be green and all that.
**** that. just have it all based off the bar codes. Use whatever you want to present the barcode (smartphone, ticket, whatever).

yup. so it's time to upgrade into the 21st century.

Basically all I was getting at. The tech exists to make this happen very easily. I am sure there are combo card readers/bar code scanners. Hell I bet there are some that are smart phone based. Shouldn't be that hard.

Just searched. Apple has developed a case for the Ipod touch that is a card reader and barcode scanner.

Step 1: Get apple as a sponsor
Step 2: Get free scanners
Step 3: Reduce game day entrance headaches
Step 4: ?????
Step 5: Profit.

Last edited:
The solution isn't more scanners. It's elimination of the need for the scanners. If the ticket that a student gets is no different than the ticket everybody else gets, no special scanner is needed.

My young alumni tickets are printed. Why dont we give students the option to pick up a paper ticket prior to gameday so that they can use any entry? This is how a lot of other schools do it. If they dont want to pick up tickets early then they can wait in that line. This seems like something they can fix today.

My young alumni tickets are printed. Why dont we give students the option to pick up a paper ticket prior to gameday so that they can use any entry? This is how a lot of other schools do it. If they dont want to pick up tickets early then they can wait in that line. This seems like something they can fix today.

The sports pass is card based. They do that so they don't print too many tickets. They oversell for Folsom and the CEC. If every student with a sports pass wanted to go to the game, they couldn't is basically the problem. So they can't mass print tickets like they do for other season ticket holders.

The students should also not be corralled to one entry point. That is nuts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It isn't old info. It is current, it is happening this year.

RG may be looking for other solutions but he hasn't found one yet.

I know, but goalline was saying that the AD isn't looking for solutions and all that

Lots of very old information here

It's responses like this that make you come off like a jerk. Why waste the time to post this when below you respond with actual info instead of being negative?

Basically that RG is actively looking for solutions for getting the students in faster

Seriously, why not just make this your first response to goalline? Answers the question without being douchy about it.

However, this year it has been announced it will be the same as last year. All students enter through gate 6.

Allowing students to enter through any gate doesn't solve the problem, allegedly. All lines are backed up in that window of time right before kickoff.

This year, I'm going to try to do my part and go in a half hour before kickoff. Too often, I miss seeing Ralphie run or even the first series of play due to the lines.

Allowing students to enter through any gate doesn't solve the problem, allegedly. All lines are backed up in that window of time right before kickoff.

This year, I'm going to try to do my part and go in a half hour before kickoff. Too often, I miss seeing Ralphie run or even the first series of play due to the lines.

The band, cheer team, and ralphie runners will appreciate any and all fans who show up early enough for pregame activities. Makes their job a lot easier when there are people and energy in the stadium.

However, this year it has been announced it will be the same as last year. All students enter through gate 6.

What's the definition of insanity again? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

I'm sure they'll have great success convincing the students to come to the game an hour before kickoff and subject themselves to cavity searches. Who wouldn't want to do that?

Get in early, grab a beer and wait for Ralphie. Oh wait

It sounds like CU needs to start serving alcohol again to solve this problem.

And eliminating beer sales has cut down on binge drinking, too.

It's a simple solution. Any ticket gets you in any gate. Period. It worked that way in the 80's and 90's when we actually had big crowds, but it won't work now?

The name strikes me the same way the C-Unit does.

Not great but it will do.

Excited to see what they can do at Folsom. I really wish the AD would let them have a site where people could donate directly to the Student Sections. If they are worried about money getting away from the main AD pot, maybe they cap the size of donations. Would be good to help them market themselves, and possibly travel.

the student section back in 1989 when Jeff George came to vist Folsom Field was off the chain...
he bitched it was too loud to the officials ... didn't work as he got sacked the very next play
That was hilarious, man those were the good ol days.

C-Unit = Basketball

Folsom Frenzy = Football

Alot of student sections do that.

Folsom Frenzy sounds like we're trying way to hard, I would have just stuck with C-Unit. Use the same twitter, and facebook, etc... Keeps everything in one place

Last edited:
Folsom Frenzy sounds like we're trying way to hard, I would have just stuck with C-Unit. Use the same twitter, and facebook, etc... Keeps everything in one place

Agree but C-Unit doesn't want to be associated with football. Anyways great news, but this should have been done years ago. Good work RG

Agree but C-Unit doesn't want to be associated with football. Anyways great news, but this should have been done years ago. Good work RG

Another Good Idea for Rick George.

Also so add to your point, C-Unit has worked very hard to get its funding and its voice in the AD. They feel like football should have to do the same.

I think that Oregon's a great example. Not the biggest stadium, but among the loudest.

been to a bunch of games at autzen.... not only are the students on their feet screaming but so is everybody else...they have done a nice job of turning the place into a zoo!...ofcourse doesnt hurt that you average 10 wins

been to a bunch of games at autzen.... not only are the students on their feet screaming but so is everybody else...they have done a nice job of turning the place into a zoo!...ofcourse doesnt hurt that you average 10 wins

And the Ducks are Oregon's broncos.

Back