What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Football Student Section

[tweet]510180038369476608[/tweet]

Good sign.
Jake (The founder) is a really good guy and friend. He went to a conference at Ohio State and actually worked with other BIG 10 schools and how the athletic department worked with these student groups. I still am not sure how well this is going to work out without a competitive team (C-Unit in the beginning), but once the team reaches where it should be watch out. The foundation has been laid.

Jake (The FLounder) is a really good guy and friend. He went to a conference at Ohio State and actually worked with other BIG 10 schools and how the athletic department worked with these student groups. I still am not sure how well this is going to work out without a competitive team (C-Unit in the beginning), but once the team reaches where it should be watch out. The foundation has been laid.

Plot twist.

been to a bunch of games at autzen.... not only are the students on their feet screaming but so is everybody else...they have done a nice job of turning the place into a zoo!...ofcourse doesnt hurt that you average 10 wins

**** Oregon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've sat in the student section since I was 16 and Saturday was the most organized I've seen it. They passed out "Folsom Frenzy Cheer" papers with trash on Hawaii. A couple guys were organizing cheers and chants. Overall not much noticeable difference as the passion for 99% is non-existent, but it's a step in the right direction. Once we start winning it will pick up

So I've sat in the student section since I was 16 and Saturday was the most organized I've seen it. They passed out "Folsom Frenzy Cheer" papers with trash on Hawaii. A couple guys were organizing cheers and chants. Overall not much noticeable difference as the passion for 99% is non-existent, but it's a step in the right direction. Once we start winning it will pick up

I sit by the band so I am able to watch them all the time. They were very organized. A huge chunk were participating in the organized first down cheer/chant/thing. Idk what they say or exactly what they do, but it will look/sound awesome if the whole section starts doing it. Baby steps, but already a marked improvement.

I like students more this year. Granted, they have had more to cheer about, but somewhat of an improvement. Wonder if it will carry over to basketball.

I like students more this year. Granted, they have had more to cheer about, but somewhat of an improvement. Wonder if it will carry over to basketball.

We'll find out about the students for basketball with the Tip-off Marathon night game against Auburn. If the Keg is rocking, we're rolling.

I do think some of basketball depends on football setting the tone of big sporting events being an EVENT for students. We need our football team to keep winning or at least providing a lot of entertainment value every week.

I was disappointed in the amount of students not there on Saturday, but as everyone has been saying they were more organized and the fans that were there were fairly vocal. Just sucks seeing the seats behind the goal posts empty. I re-watched the CU vs OU 2007 game on youtube and seeing that huge section of gold going absolutely bonkers gave me goosebumps remembering it.

I wonder if the CU AD could do a contest - similar to the bball PAC-12 Tourney thing a few years ago, where the top 250 fans get tickets to go to the final away game of the year (or there is a drawing for those who have attended all games). I seem to remember that really really helping the student attendance at the bball games. Something to help grow the attendance and keep people in there while the team is improving...

I was disappointed in the amount of students not there on Saturday, but as everyone has been saying they were more organized and the fans that were there were fairly vocal. Just sucks seeing the seats behind the goal posts empty. I re-watched the CU vs OU 2007 game on youtube and seeing that huge section of gold going absolutely bonkers gave me goosebumps remembering it.

I wonder if the CU AD could do a contest - similar to the bball PAC-12 Tourney thing a few years ago, where the top 250 fans get tickets to go to the final away game of the year (or there is a drawing for those who have attended all games). I seem to remember that really really helping the student attendance at the bball games. Something to help grow the attendance and keep people in there while the team is improving...

Student attendance has been declining for some time. There are a lot of student seats to fill anyway. They will come back once going to a game isn't depressing in the 2nd half. RG is doing a good job at doing small things to try and get them back.

The noon kickoff didn't help this last week.

I agree. I think the students this year has been better than my last two years here though. The student groups promoting it has helped. The emails help, but they can only go so far. I think we may have a little bit of a closed minded thought process when it comes to student attendance with football. We all live and breathe this stuff, but there are students and quite a bit of them that even if they went to Florida State would not go to their home games. My dad had an interesting point though about why basketball seems so full with the student section and the football student section seems full. While the team's success plays a huge roll, There are so many more seats for a football game. I think if the same amount of students that went to the game Saturday went to a basketball game they all wouldn't be able to fit.

I think rewards for going to X number of games you get a bumper sticker/shorts/tshirt/hoodie.

Nike could hook it up.

Awesome! A bit more challenging than basketball, because the football student section is so much bigger? But they have been impressive at Coors Events Center, and can't wait to see what they do at Folsom. I hope they get a big section to show up early and on time!

C-Unit is finally launching a football arm!

[tweet]502889744838049792[/tweet]

Frenzy & Sefo

99df67046cce403959e662578b57baca.jpg

Back