What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Footballcoachscoop.com

Not sure what I think about this. Haven't we had enough of coaches & their sons?

In this case, the big guy's son is more than qualified in his own right. This season, he's been one of the most successful Offensive Coordinators at the NFL level. We'd be getting him to step into the same position at the college level. That would be like finding a loophole and getting Ben Roethlisberger to play quarterback at CU next year. When someone is over-qualified for the job, there isn't a nepotism angle.

"Hello, This is Mike Shannahan calling, I'd like to talk to you about playing at the University of Colorado"

"Uh, Mike Shannahan," (sound of phone being covered, yelled in the background) "Yeah, Mike Shannahan, he wants to talk to me." (phone uncovered) "Yes I can schedule a visit. Can I see your rings."

It would have to be better than the crap we have now. I'm on board if it's true, just a little leery.

It would have to be better than the crap we have now. I'm on board if it's true, just a little leery.

Yep. I'm not completely sold on them working out at the college level, but damn, we gotta take the chance if it is a legit possibility.

If true, I love it. Even if not true, it's brightened up my day thinking it might be a possibility.

update.. guess louisville might be interested in Kyle.

Louisville:
Sources tell FootballCoachScoop that Kyle Shanahan (Offensive Coordinator-Houston Texans) has met with AD Tom Jurich. Sources confirm that AD
Tom Jurich is very interested in talking with Stanford Head Coach Jim Harbaugh.

Louisville:
Sources tell FootballCoachScoop that Kyle Shanahan (Offensive Coordinator-Houston Texans) has met with AD Tom Jurich. Sources confirm that AD
**** off Louisville. Don't you dare ruin our all time awesomest dream coaching staff of DOOM

Stanford to Louisville is a step back, IMO. Pac 10 to the Big East? Palo Alto to Louisville, KY? Gah. No thanks. The only thing he'd have going for him is relaxed admission standards.

Along those same lines CU>>>>>Louisville. (Unless you're a basketball coach.)

Stanford to Louisville is a step back, IMO. Pac 10 to the Big East? Palo Alto to Louisville, KY? Gah. No thanks. The only thing he'd have going for him is relaxed admission standards.

Agreed. I only see Harbaugh leaving for Michigan or the NFL..

The source says that Bohn is entertaining the idea of the Shannahans. It says nothing about any mutual interest

Agreed. I only see Harbaugh leaving for Michigan or the NFL..

Might get some attention from Notre Dame. Going against him is the history they had with their last Stanford coach and Harbaugh may not have the personality they like.

a0046-000001c.jpg

Louisville:

That's ridiculous! He isn't even married to a Louisville grad.

Another thing about Shanahan is that he was money in rivalry games. I can't see him ever losing to CSU and the Nebraska game would get back to being emphasized at CU.

Another thing about Shanahan is that he was money in rivalry games. I can't see him ever losing to CSU and the Nebraska game would get back to being emphasized at CU.

You're referring, of course to the Raiders. The same team that he lost to two years in a row at home.

21-7 seems pretty decent to me.

Sure. But facts is facts. The raiders have sucked eggs for the last 8 years. Everybody has a winning record against them.

I guess I'm very cautious about Shanny at CU. Just a gut feeling. Like I said before, if it comes to pass, I'll support it, but he wouldn't be my first choice.

Might get some attention from Notre Dame. Going against him is the history they had with their last Stanford coach and Harbaugh may not have the personality they like.

If Harbaugh high tails out of Palo Alto, there's NO WAY Michigan lets an alum go coach for ND (unless they hang on to RRod for some asinine reason.)

Hmm, interesting. Part of me thinks this would be the absolute best thing ever, other part of me is thinking about the NFL to college failure rate. If Kyle is all about the college game, recruiting, program issues, rivalries, etc then he has my vote.

Hmm, interesting. Part of me thinks this would be the absolute best thing ever, other part of me is thinking about the NFL to college failure rate. If Kyle is all about the college game, recruiting, program issues, rivalries, etc then he has my vote.
Hes 29, and hasn't coached in college.

Too risky.

Would Bohn be hiring Kyle because he knows hes the best candidate available or because hes the son of Mike Shannahan?

First of all, Hansen is perfectly suited for Shanny's offense. So are our big wide receivers and athletic tight ends. And we know how good his o-lines and run games were. I'd absolutely love this.

Also, I'm assuming that if it's the Kiffin model, that Kyle would be our new Head Coach and that Mike would be our OC for a couple years to help his son out before returning to the NFL. Love it.

An interesting side note is that Kyle was a GA at UCLA in 2003. That means he's got ties to Bienemy and Embree. Imagine if he could get EB on staff to coach RBs and train under Mike to be our next OC. Embree for TEs and Recruiting Coordinator (maybe Asst. Head Coach). This would be like a dream come true for me.

Step back homey. Your getting a bit ahead of yourself. :lol:

Colorado:
Sources tell FootballCoachScoop that AD Mike Bohn is entertaining the idea of Mike Shannahan/Kyle Shannahan team as Head Coach. Sources close to
the situation tell us that Bohn sees the advantage of what Tennessee has done with the Kiffin's.

From today.

:thumbsup:

Step back homey. Your getting a bit ahead of yourself. :lol:

Hey, ace, I'm looking for anything to get me excited and this is the first thing about CU football that's given me a chub since the season started. :lol:

Back