1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Footballscoop.com kicks ass for following what's going on with the coaching changes

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Maybe I should have posted this in the carousel thread, but I didn't want it to get lost. Consider it a public service.

I get tired of trying to find info or wait for ESPN to announce something.

This is the one site where you get the complete daily rundown of HC changes, assistant changes, and all the whispers about who is interviewing for what positions.

I check several times a day in hopes of seeing a "Colorado" by-line.

Highly recommended: http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

2. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

mike leach and ncstate?

3. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

Yeah NC State is a bit of a surprise but my guess is several ACC administrators are putting increased emphasis on getting football more competitive to protect their conference.

Looks like Purdue is opening up as well, they'd be fishing in our pool I think

4. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Great site. Thanks for the link. Way better than coacheshotseat. Also interestingly many of the coaches that are dropping like flies right now are not even ahed of Embree (who is in 7th place) on coacheshotseat.

I will be staying tuned to that site although something tells me you or others close to CU may find out something before they do.

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Maybe not. If Embree is retained (odds slightly in his favor but it's close), he's likely to show some loyalty to the existing staff by not announcing any firings. Instead, he'll let them interview and try to find new jobs if it can be quickly transitioned. Footballscoop is more likely to find out about those outside interviews than I am. They nurture sources at all the programs.

6. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Just read about Jerry Kill at Minnesota missing the 2nd half of their last game due to another seizure.
    Not hospitalized, wish nothing but the best for him and his family, but you have to figure at some point that the Minny job opens so that Kill can focus on his health.

7. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I've found footballscoop to be pretty unreliable in the past. Leach talking to NC State wouldn't make any sense, and Hope being out at Purdue is now official.

8. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

I've found them to be pretty 50/50. I think this was the site I was watching closely when we were getting ready to can HaLk in 2009. They were spot on, including the announcement he would be retained (found out there first before here.)
    But in that same year, they also had information that proved to be wildly false too - but then would retract their statements. Found that to be refreshing.

Y'all can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think they mainly compile info from the usual media sources, but in some cases will have an "inside" guy (i.e. paid site author) at some places that has the real goods.

9. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

+1 with Hot Rack. 50/50 at best, although it is an entertaining site to follow the carousel.