What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

For shame, for shame, for shame.

1 game. do it again on the road when they have film to watch and then I will believe. But oh god, I really realy reallllly want to believe.

Quite true SB. One game doesn't make a Dan Marino, but anybody who watches can see TH at least has the tools to do it.

I said it before the season started, and I still believe it:

Cody may (and this is a big may), may make less mistakes, but Tyler provides the team more opportunity to win.

I don't know. TH made two mistakes on Sat; one where he did not see the defender and threw the pick, and the rush got to him too quick and he could not toss the sweep (or whatever it is called-- drawing a blank here) and funbled the ball. If he tucked that one away, then he would have been almost perfect. Expecially for the first game action of the year and the first complete game since -- well, did he ever get a complete game without Cody coming in last year?

Mistake free ball that is 2 and 3 yard passes where the WRs have to stop to catch the ball then start running may be 'mistake free' in the stats, but are a recipe for losses.

I saw Hansen in the spring game and again in an early fall scrimmage and I was PERSONALLY disappointed that he did not appear to be the guy to take us further. He was not much different than Cody even though I wanted him to be more.

He was REALLY good tonight. Different guy. Lay off the staff. This is a helluva job to get this team playing this well after playing SOOO bad in weeks 1 & 2. Husker fans are crapping their pants tonight. I know that first hand....

I agree - I was at the spring game and Cody looked just as good, and given his game experience, I had no problem with the decision to start him. But supposedly they were very close, and with Cody's 1st half against CSU, it was time to pull the trigger. What I saw was Coach Hawkins sacrificing games to keep Hansen's RS possibilities, which made no sense to me. Obviously, since he agreed to it, Hansen would rather play.

I don't even mind the INT TH threw. He had an open WR and just didn't see the LB, or get the throw over the LB. But at least the INT was on a play that he was trying to throw the ball 20 yards down field.

That's one of the biggest things that stood out tonight, that when TH would be quickly flushed from the pocket, if it was Cody on those plays he either would've been sacked or thrown the ball away. But with TH in there he was able to make things happen sometimes, either with this arm or by running.
TH would step up into the pocket. And then scramble around. So many big plays happen in football after the play breaks down.

Cody would not (maybe could not) step up into the pocket. He would just run backwards after feeling any pressure. It's very difficult to get the ball down field when you are running backwards, even if you have a strong arm (which Cody does not have).

I'll take whatever Hansen gives this year, with the expectation that there are going to be some mistakes. What I saw Saturday, which I haven't seen since perhaps the 2007 OU game, was swagger on the offensive side of the ball, and some pretty supreme confidence. I expect that the offense is going to have some fun and spirited practices this week building on their successes from the Kansas game.

Back