What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

For the first time since I began watching CU football...

... I spent an entire gameday without watching any of the game on tv, or listening to any of it on the radio. I have been driven to extreme apathy. On one hand, I'm ashamed as a Buff fan, and on the the other, I'm disgusted that the state of our program has driven me to these lengths of giving up one of my favorite past times

This was the first week that the loss doesn't really "hurt", as I'm numb at this point, but I consider that far different from apathy. The Wazzu loss really broke the camel's back, so to speak, in getting my hopes up for a win. I can't get myself worked up and angry anymore, as I've come to terms with where we are as a program. I expected a losing season, but I thought we'd be more competitive and be in the 4-5 win category as opposed to 1-2. Obviously it's clear now that we aren't just really bad, but a complete and utter disaster. You can only hope this team can start to show improvement and win a couple more to give us a springboard for continued progress into next season (which promises to be another long rebuilding year, albeit we should be showing progress and a more favorable schedule will prevent our record from being THIS bad). It's totally your call on how to deal with this mess of a situation we're in, but becoming completely apathetic to the point of not caring, or not even being a fan, is not the answer. Don't be that douche that is an Oregon and Packers fan simply because they're the "hot" teams right now. We've got to keep plugging away and keep showing up at home games (and hopefully road, too). Giving this program no support is only going to prolong our misery. Keep your head up, every day I'm proud to have gone to CU, to be a Buffs fan, and wouldn't trade it for anything (and I'm pretty damn excited about where our basketball program is headed, too) All I know is it's going to be ****ing sweet when we finally break through and have that season where we go above and beyond the preseason expectations. It might be hard to see that tiny dot of light right now, but it's there, and it's getting closer.

Hang in there GS, that was a tough game to watch even though I had little hope the Buffs were going to be competitive. Every week is like watching your dog die, but I am still on board....I understand where you are coming from, don't let the lynch mob get you down, their heart is in the right place...even if a bad season causes the herd to try and eat their own....

When you have a senior QB telling everyone that cu is as good as every team they've played and that they've just been "unlucky​ ", it shows the dredge from the past 5 years is still here. Unlucky...um okay.

I was excited to get to watch a game on tv here in San Antonio. I even skipped church and a class my wife and I have been taking after service, to watch the game. It didn't take long for the game to turn sour....I finally turned it over to the tOSU v Nubs game because it's much more fun to watch the nubs get their butts kicked than it is to watch the Buffs get creamed.....then even THAT turned sour. UGH. Bad football weekend....again.

On the bright side, we may have seen the last of Orton. But even THAT may turn sour if we don't end up with a chance at Andrew Luck....he is the real deal. Wouldn't it be a kick in the crotch if the Colts ended up getting the best qb prospect since....Peyton Manning? Ugh. Just think of it this way....if Elway had ended up a Colt, as drafted, they probably wouldn't have sucked enough to be able to draft Manning....anyhoo.

It's frustrating as a CU Buffs fan that started rooting for the Buffs back in '89 but at the same time, there are CU fans who lived through the Fairbanks years in addition to the early McCartney days...the Buff fans that started rooting when the Buffs were winning big have no room to speak about loyalty if they jump off the CU bandwagon simply because CU isn't winning these days.

I was drunk when I started this thread. Now that I am sober, I want to make myself more clear.

First of all, there's nothing I despise more in the world of sports (besides fuskers and lammies, of course) than fans that are bandwagon douchers. I'm not going to be caught dead wearing Oregon, Texas, USC, etc, stuff. To me, the idea of college football and the Buffs are inseperable. Without the Buffs, there would be no college football in my life. I'm a Buff till the end, and I even have the pleasure of being a current student. I was raised as a Buff, I was there for 62-36 and many other great wins and terrible losses (Montana State... CSU 09... don't call me a deserter after putting up with that ****.) The Buffs are a part of me, and I'm never going to forget how amazing it was to be a fan back in the early-mid 2000's- I just wish I was old enough to be a fan about ten years earlier, too! I may not post on here very often, but I guarentee you all that I've lurked this board very frequently over the past 6 years or so. Reading Allbuffs after a game is something I've enjoyed doing for a long time, I promise. Even if you all don't know me, I still consider myself to be a part of this community. Guess I'm that creepy neighbor guy that only comes out when he gets really pissed.

For the record, I own student season tickets, and I plan on being at every home game this season. There's nothing like a Saturday at Folsom during football season, and win or lose, I wouldn't pass up any of my few yearly opportunities to watch the Buffs in person. However, I've sat and watched countless road games on tv (and even traveled to a few) where the Buffs have had little to no hope. I'm sure we can all agree that it's no fun to watch our team get steamrolled by the big boys in college football. I care about the Buffs, and I enjoy watching them enough, that every time until last Saturday, I've tuned in. I cheer my ass off and believe, at least for a quarter or two, that we can beat OU/Texas/OSU/Mizzou/Cal/Toledo on the road. But after that heartbreaking lost to WSU, Stanford just seemed impossible. I broke down and didn't watch a second of that game. I gave up that fall Saturday of doing something I love, and that hurts. But in the end, I am going to have better memories of what I did last Saturday than I would have if I just wound up getting pissed at the buffs and throwing **** at the tv. I'm not going to do that anymore. I'll check updates on my phone. I did last Saturday, and I would have ran to the nearest television to watch the game if it appeared like we were giving them a game. Hell, I almost did just that when it was 13-7, but Stanford scored again before I could begin to fathom the idea of us scoring in the first half against a ranked opponent on the road.

Yeah guys, this sucks quite a bit. I don't expect Embree to win just yet. This is still all Hawk's fault, and if things still dont improve after many years, I'll still think it's Hawk's fault. Unfortunately, I can't stand watching us lose. I'm a college kid, I have so many things I can do every Saturday- and if the Buffs game looks like a no hoper, I'm sorry, but something else just might take priority. Hopefully you all can still me as a Buff til the end despite this, but if not, well, I'm sorry I don't live up to your definition of fan hood, but I'm going to have, at the very least, just as much joy as you the next time the Buffs win big.

Last edited:
Schoolwork on Sunday. Didn't have much time to browse allbuffs, and didn't even remember that I made that post until today. My bad.

Back