What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

For those of you watching the QB comp... Guess who is winning?

Any reports if the first scrimmage was just really a game of BUFF BALL? I hear that Cody and the rest of the gym rats on the team play like champions during those scrums.

what constitutes live? cause they surely weren't being hit.

Well, that was why I asked. Dio was kind enough to link the Camera article that said they were sacked three times, the QB's that is. I gathered from that they were live. I wondered because they were wearing those urine yellow jerseys in the pictures, while everybody else was in black or whites.. If "sack" means tagging off, or just one hand touch, then my prior suspicions remain.

I've read the reports and posts, but my question is this: were the QB's live? If they weren't I don't know how any sane person could say CH did better than TH. CH struggles mightily when he has pressure. TH has escpability. If CH knows he can sit and not worry about being hit, he probably is the better short to mid range passer. Problem is every DC from Bangor, Maine to Nome, Alaska knows what to do when CH is under center.

I agree with this statement completely. They may have been ‘live’ but are they allowed to hit the QB. Last year Cody looked calm and collective in the spring game where a touch of the QB was a sack (which is pretty accurate for CH). Once the defense can hit the QB CH gets anxious, has the tendency to look at one WR, and back pedal while trying to see around the line men for open WR’s. Our offensive line didn’t do him any favors last year in terms giving him time either. In fact I would say that Cody has been rattled in live play ever since the @FSU game when he got lit up on the first play.
Cody is a coach’s son and practices very well. Game day is a different story. If Cody continues to push TH then that will only help TH in the long run. We have all seen what Cody does in a game, and unless the o-line can give him 4 seconds of unadulterated time in the pocket, Tyler is the guy.
The question I have for those who attended (and maybe this can’t be discussed due to the AD’s information restriction) where the passes timing routs, or were they the slow developing 5 step drop, then wait for two seconds before finally throwing the ball (Basically what we have seen the last 2 years). I have been waiting to see if we ever develop a three step drop / timed slant route but it hasn’t seemed to find its way into the play book.

I agree with this statement completely. They may have been ‘live’ but are they allowed to hit the QB. Last year Cody looked calm and collective in the spring game where a touch of the QB was a sack (which is pretty accurate for CH). Once the defense can hit the QB CH gets anxious, has the tendency to look at one WR, and back pedal while trying to see around the line men for open WR’s. Our offensive line didn’t do him any favors last year in terms giving him time either. In fact I would say that Cody has been rattled in live play ever since the @FSU game when he got lit up on the first play.
Cody is a coach’s son and practices very well. Game day is a different story. If Cody continues to push TH then that will only help TH in the long run. We have all seen what Cody does in a game, and unless the o-line can give him 4 seconds of unadulterated time in the pocket, Tyler is the guy.
The question I have for those who attended (and maybe this can’t be discussed due to the AD’s information restriction) where the passes timing routs, or were they the slow developing 5 step drop, then wait for two seconds before finally throwing the ball (Basically what we have seen the last 2 years). I have been waiting to see if we ever develop a three step drop / timed slant route but it hasn’t seemed to find its way into the play book.

You have to have a QB of sufficient stature for that play to work...

Did anyone actually think that Cody would not be the starter at the beginning of the year? The only diference now is once Cody sucks vs. CSU they don't need to make a big deal about taking the RS off Hansen.

Cody would be an average QB on some mid major or D2 team. The fact that he is even on CU's roster is a huge reason why daddy has won 15 games since his arrival. Daddy is a awful judge of talent, and even worse at game planning and utilizing talent that he has. Daddy clearly plays favorites when it comes to game time, regarless of talent. How else can you explain the punt return, FG kicker, and many other of the decisions he has made.

I'm not worried. Hansen will start. I don't think Bohn will let Juicebox start his son with a healthy T Hansen on the sidelines. I know it's not typical for the AD to get that involved in the details of how the the football team is run but BigHawk is not a typical coach and the situation he is in is not typical either. I expect Bohn to have more than a guiding influence for the head coach this year.

I'm not worried. Hansen will start. I don't think Bohn will let Juicebox start his son with a healthy T Hansen on the sidelines. I know it's not typical for the AD to get that involved in the details of how the the football team is run but BigHawk is not a typical coach and the situation he is in is not typical either. I expect Bohn to have more than a guiding influence for the head coach this year.

Even if you are correct, we are still screwed. We need a starter (Hansen) named NOW. This wil allow the receivers time to develop chemistry. Waiting until gametime for CSU to name a starter is divisive and destructive.

But wait. That is consistent with what Danny has done for the last four ****ing years.

I'm not sure if the spring game on 4/10 will decide who the starting QB will be? But if nothing else, we should know who at least has the edge. I think it's Tylers job to lose, and I don't see that happining.

Back