What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

For what it is worth

max4buffs

I cannot confirm/deny the following. This is what I believe to be true at the current time.

Several things have happened over the last 10 days around the University of Colorado. Last week before the Nebraska game, there seemed to be 2 leading candidates for the HC job, Mac and EB. The committee wanted to hold off until after the game to give a fair chance for BC to interview for the job. Late last week, early this week, it was leaked by some around campus there were 2 possibly 3 candidates. When leaked, the “femnazis” as many of you refer to them started a campaign to write letters to Benson stating their concerns over Mac and taking a regression as far as equality around campus goes. Letters were turned over to Benson and Benson addressed the search committee as to what the “buzz” around campus was. It is important to know that Benson wants the best for the entire University. This created much concern among two committee members who were thinking the “femnazis” would steer the direction of the decision and not them. One of the committee members contacted Phil Anschutz to have a “word” with Benson and make sure he knew that the committee wouldn’t be over spoken by “others”. (Anschutz has been a long time associate of Benson and helped with his run for Governor in ’94. Benson and wife graduated from CU in 1964 and Benson has donated over $10 million of his own money to CU for those who don’t think he cares about the University). Anschutz (who has always supported Mac for his religious work with PK) called Benson early this week and either told Benson, or told Benson to tell the “femnazis” that if Mac was not named head coach the University would no longer receive a dime of his money. Anschutz does not give a lot to the athletic dept. but the money he gives to the University as a whole trumps every other donor. When Benson again approached the S.C., the committee member who contacted Benson told him the same thing as Anschutz. Things never really got heated between members. There is a battle between the “femnazis” and the search committee raging now in Boulder. EB was not on Mac list of coaches. Mac was not on EB’s list. Benson and other committee members were trying to ensure enough funds would be provided by mainly Anschutz to build an indoor practice facility if the decision was made for Mac as it would cause heat on campus. The search committee met last night and was to call and inform the short list of "CU people" as to whom the next coach would be. I am not sure how those calls went but I am positive that a coach was named last night. Logic would tell you that the University would not walk away from large amounts of money. It’s also important to remember that it is ultimately Bohn’s decision. However, I highly doubt Bohn goes against reason of the committee. It’s also important to note that EB, BC, Mac, ? had nothing to do with donors influence. If either candidate did not perform well in the interview or did not seem like a logical candidate, they would not be considered at all.

EB has told the search committee he would not be interested in anything less than a HC spot. Since stating this, the situation has changed in Minn and the NFL appears closer to a lockout next season. So we will see.

To all the **** talkers on this site, as I said last night “cannot say who, but a source very close to the program told me that the new coach will be notified tonight by 10 pm via telephone that they got the job or didn't get the job. I am guessing that the school will hold a press conference tomorrow with the news.

What you can take from all my posts is that CU does have a new coach today.
S.H.I.T. T.A.L.K.E.R.S.
I am not saying you will see on the news today – but will in the very near future.
I am not saying Anschutz is going to donate $ - but he has threatened to cut off donations to the school
I am not saying Mac is head coach – if the school walks on money they walk
I am not saying EB and Mac won’t be together – Mac was not on EB’s list EB was not on Mac’s
I am not saying EB won’t be an assistant – EB said if I come HC or nothing.
I am not saying if Mac is named/new indoor facility – this was being worked on by SC/Benson

My GUESS is that the University is trying to find a way today to break the news tomorrow that Mac will be the next head coach. I find it really hard to believe that the University would walk away from the money Anschutz gives to the University annually. This was fully Bohn’s/SC’s decision to make. I think they were informed by Benson that their decision could affect the rest of the University as well, which is not Benson’s fault. He is simply looking out for the best interest of the University as a whole. I truly believe that Bohn, Benson, and the SC will look out for the University’s best interest as they all have a million times more stake in what goes on than any of us on the outside do.

Last edited:
Can someone break this down into bullet points for me, I can't read all this run-on ****.

That looks like the mother of all cut and pastes, to me. Too many different fonts and font sizes to be anything else.

But that is a good rumor, nonetheless!!

I cannot confirm/deny the following. This is what I believe to be true at the current time.

If you cannot confirm, are you just making this stuff up? I appreciate the information if it is accurate, which it certainly seems detailed at least. I guess we will see, but I have heard so much of this "this is a lock!" information over the last year that was completely false even though it sounded genuine, that unless you can give a legitimate source, I'll just take this with a grain of salt until I see it confirmed by a reputable source. If you do turn out to be correct, then I will know that you are a reputable source.

Can someone break this down into bullet points for me, I can't read all this run-on ****.

Max isn't saying anything, but he's taking credit for whatever happens, even though he can't say, and doesn't know what that will be.

I would love to hav Mac back but if Uncle Phil wants to call the shots he better be siging another $90 million out to the AD not without $$$ as a threat.

so, Anschutz is holding the university money hostage to get Mac as coach when he doesn't normally donate to athletics? nice. classy move...and one i find hard to believe.

I love this guy. I don't care if his scoop is good or not. Grade A entertainment!

If true, which is very hard to tell at this point, I sure as hell hope PA cuts a check to the AD. If not, we are not really any better off as an AD at all (except for Mac as a HC which is not all bad). I just do not like somebody like PA dictating AD policies with funding for the academic part of the campus. The AD is self funded but now is going to be held hostage if true.

You know what I see in this thread? A LOT of S.H.I.T.T.A.L.K.I.N.G. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there is S.H.I.T.T.A.L.K.I.N.G. and I'm not saying there isn't S.H.I.T.T.A.L.K.I.N.G. I'm just saying that I see a lot of S.H.I.T.T.A.L.K.I.N.G.

so an indoor practice facility + Mac or EB and loss of a donor?

welcome back coach Mac.

Mac without EB on the staff just scares the hell out of me....not excited at all

Think mac is by far a greater risk than EB

That was the most in depth breakdown of the rumors out there. Nice work touching on every existing rumor that has been mentioned the last 10 days and claiming them as your own.

I also heard that the coaching announcement is going to be today, and if not today, tomorrow, or the next day. Eventually they will announce a new coach and as long as I remember to post that the announcement will be made on x day I of course will be right.

Same with the coach. It will be Mac, unless it is EB, or Embree, or someone else.

EB wont accept a job as OC, unless there is a NFL lockout, or he gets fired in MN by the new HC, that by the way wont be EB.

Mac is gonna get the job because PA said he wont donate any more money, but he might donate more. Once Mac is hired there may or may not be major improvements to the football facilities.

Just so I'm clear:

There will be a football coach announcement someday soon
The new coach may have existing ties to CU
The new head coach will have a staff that may or may not consist of former players
There may be improvements to the football facilities unless there are none

Did I miss anything?

Hmmm, Lets see JACK A.S.S. I think $65 million in the last 10 years trumps any money 10 fold that anyone else has given to the University athletics or otherwise.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2010/09/06/daily9.html

Just so you arn't uninformed.

Not saying he is not generous and a good contributor to the Univ as a whole. But it is complete bull**** to think that he would hold the AD hostage and not put his money into the department if he wants to call the shots. I guess his philanthropic views are a little jaded. Sorry, but unless he really is considering putting additional funding into the AD, he is holding the AD hostage.

Don't know anything re PA or his wishes, but have been told its two horse race between Mac and EB with EB in the lead.

I hope Mac doesn't come back. No disrespect to him - he is a CU legend. We need some fresh young blood.

Anschutz doesn't seem to care too much about athletics, but maybe he cares about Mac? The only way this makes sense is if we had some proof that PA was a big follower of Promise Keepers or something.

Then the question becomes does the Religious Right trump Feminazi's? Given the $$$$ involved, God may win this one.

Cu needs a huge influx of funds to play with the big boys. If PA is in play for sugar daddy status and mac is his price, there are worse fates.

Anschutz doesn't seem to care too much about athletics, but maybe he cares about Mac? The only way this makes sense is if we had some proof that PA was a big follower of Promise Keepers or something.

Then the question becomes does the Religious Right trump Feminazi's? Given the $$$$ involved, God may win this one.

why do you think that Anschutz doesn't care too much?

Back