What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Forbes: Football earnings in Big 12

Damnit. If one more person feels the need to chime in with "We don't sell out now, we shouldn't even be thinking about expansion". I'm gonna go berzerk. We're NOT talking about expansion now. The point is that places like UT make so much money partly because they have 100,000+ seat stadiums that they fill. We need to be at a point where we can fill an 80,000 seat stadium in order to compete at that level. This has nothing to do with any kind of discussion about stadium expansion right now. Don't read things that aren't there.

Does anyone know how we've done over the past decade with not just paying off the expansion, but putting butts in the suites?

recently the numbers have been good despite dan's sucking, we've been over 90% the past three seasons on the suites and I believe sold them out last year. Prior to that i have no idea/info.

They've had a lot of success selling the suites. The club seats, on the other hand, not so much.

recently the numbers have been good despite dan's sucking, we've been over 90% the past three seasons on the suites and I believe sold them out last year. Prior to that i have no idea/info.
Good news. I was thinking things were a lot worse. Thanks abs.

We don't sell out now, we shouldn't even be thinking about expansion.

DWTS is lame.

Obama is awesome.

Chuck is lame.

Evangeline Lily > Yvonne Strahovski.

I also heard the counting crows are the best band ever and will be replacing the band for most football games.

Part of what makes UT such a money earner is the fact that they have a 100,000+ seat stadium. That's twice the size of Folsom, and they probably charge more per seat than CU does, and make more off of concessions, parking, etc.

When CU is in a position to expand Folsom, it really needs to do so. A 53,000 seat stadium won't cut it, long term. We'll need it to be 80,000+ in order to really compete with the rest of the college football elites.

Ticket sales and stadium revenue is a small portion of the pie. The big reason why Texas makes all that money, is because there alumns donate a lot of money to the program, and they have a major tv deal with the Big 12, that is why Nebraska left the Big 12 because they were tired of the deal texas is getting in terms of revenuse. That is why you hear people call the new conference the texas 10. The make matters worse, Texas is going to earn even more money after signing a deal with ESPN. It is unfair, the competitive advantage texas is getting. Texas also invested in alot of sports. What we need to do as a program, is to get better in Basketball, track and field, and invest in more sports teams, maybe add Baseball and Softball.

Last edited:
Damnit. If one more person feels the need to chime in with "We don't sell out now, we shouldn't even be thinking about expansion". I'm gonna go berzerk. We're NOT talking about expansion now. The point is that places like UT make so much money partly because they have 100,000+ seat stadiums that they fill. We need to be at a point where we can fill an 80,000 seat stadium in order to compete at that level. This has nothing to do with any kind of discussion about stadium expansion right now. Don't read things that aren't there.

[video=youtube;U6VFtqJCRhk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6VFtqJCRhk[/video]

The only expansion/renovation plan that makes sense to me right now is if we're talking about the the premium seating and press box on the West Side. Make the Flatirons Club bigger and nicer, expand the covered seating, and give the media something better than the current 1960s setup.

Probably wouldn't add many seats, but the seats it did add would be premium and be high value.

Maybe re-purpose Balch to something useful as part of this.

Ticket sales and stadium revenue is a small portion of the pie. The big reason why Texas makes all that money, is because there alumns donate a lot of money to the program, and they have a major tv deal with the Big 12, that is why Nebraska left the Big 12 because they were tired of the deal texas is getting in terms of revenuse. That is why you hear people call the new conference the texas 10. The make matters worse, Texas is going to earn even more money after signing a deal with ESPN. It is unfair, the competitive advantage texas is getting. Texas also invested in alot of sports. What we need to do as a program, is to get better in Basketball, track and field, and invest in more sports teams, maybe add Baseball and Softball.

Adding sports, any sports, would be a revenue drain, not the opposite. There might be some Division I baseball programs that make money, but my guess is there aren't. See the Cal Athletic Department for an example of how costly non-revenue programs can be. (Don't get me wrong, I'd love a baseball team at CU, I'm just saying having one is not going to make us Texas-sized revenue or even move us in that direction).

Back