What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Forget Utah! Unite Behind CSU to the PacX Buff Fans!

The Pac 10 is looking to upgrade it's brand. They got that with CU. CU now has an interst in not seeing that brand diluted. That really isn't that hard to understand is it?

Who cares what the Pac-X is looking to do. People from the state of Colorado should be campaigning for more money to its institutions. If Texas is in the fold for the Pac-10 - then the CU and the Pac-X brand will be just fine. CSU certainly doesn't hurt that brand any more than Texas Tech.

this is a zero sum game man. What's good for the University of Colorado is not the same as what is good for CSU here. Not to mention even Baylor has a better claim than CSU.

In all seriousness - even if it is a stretch. Their needs to be a contigent in this state that would campaign for such an inclusion. A move like that would be good for the entire state and it bring in much needed funds to another state institution. Seriously - why would Buffs fans be against that?

A contingent of csu fans and the wonks in the Denver media. Now all 10 of you can go pound the pavement and drum up some real grass roots excitement.

You guys add NOTHING to the Pac-10. No TVs, lame fans. You are really sounding like Baylor now.

PISS ON CSU. You people trash CU every chance you get. You sheep effers are amazing. Always begging CU to lend a handout to help your program. You tools trash the big 12 north yet want the remaining teams? I want nothing more to do with csu then 1 game a year and that should have never been renewed for 10 years.

OK. In all seriousness. CSU just doesn't take athletics seriously enough. Adding CSU would have less impact than adding Wyoming. It's a terrible cultural fit, to boot. For CSU to even be in the discussion, it would need to double it's athletic budget, add 15,000 seats to the stadium, and add another million or so people to the Ft. Collins/Loveland/Greeley population base. I'm glad there isn't a political faction from Colorado screaming to add CSU to the Pac. If that had happened, it might have soured the Pac on CU, and that's something I will not abide.

Who cares what the Pac-X is looking to do. People from the state of Colorado should be campaigning for more money to its institutions. If Texas is in the fold for the Pac-10 - then the CU and the Pac-X brand will be just fine. CSU certainly doesn't hurt that brand any more than Texas Tech.

I guess it is hard to understand. Let me say it another way, CSU dilutes the Pac 10 brand. CU is now invested in the Pac 10 brand. Personally, I don't want TT, Okie St., aTm or a MWC team in the Pac 10. UT, with some misgiving, OK. Utah, well even though a MWC team, OK. After that, you have to look at what the proposed invitee brings. TT, Okie St. or any other B12 team brings more than CSU. If it was all about Colorado, we'd all still be in the RMAC, or campagining to bring UNC and CSU, hell, Mines too, into the Pac 10. It isn't. It's about $$$$ and prestige, sorry.

Syko is right, CSU reveled in the scandal that wasn't, your berthren take cheap shots at CU continually. It's hard to care that CSU is a non-entity in CFB.

Last edited:

Just stop. Seriously. It's just sad.

Are you kidding me? You think CSU is on the same level as Texas Tech now?

They're top 20 in bowl appearances, have over a dozen MBB tourneys, and have won a national title in WBB. Academically, they're Tier 3 right now, but funding and legislation is in effect to make them Tier 1 and an AAU member inside of this decade.

I was just thinking this morning how great it was that we never had to bring little sister into the Big12. If we had, the whining at the state house would be deafening that we were not going to be allowed to leave the lammies behind. We have been lucky in that respect or we could be ****ting ourselves like Kansas is.

your total lack of class for starters and bad mouthing our school anytime you can. Folsom field last year after the game comes to mind

With A&M possibly being left behind - its time for CU fans to unite behind its state funded brother to ensure that the athletic dollars being thrown around don't head to Utah, but instead remain here in Colorado. Here is a case for the Rams as opposed to Utah. The Rams have competed before and could do it again.

MWC Titles: CSU - 3 Utah - 4
ESPN "Prestiege Ratings": CSU- 75 Utah - 43
PAC-10 Rival: CSU - CU; Utah - None
US News Academic Rankings: CSU - 128; Utah - 126
Athletic Revenue: CSU - $22,093,683; Utah: $26,949,805
Top 25 Finishes: CSU - 3; UTAH - 6

The state of Colorado and the CU program would benefit a great deal with CSU in the PacX. Screw Utah...if there is another seat at the "revenue" table - we should all be campaigning to keep that money here in Colorado. Not our neighbor to the West.

Wrong.

All time CU-Utah record: 30-24-3
All time CU-CSU record: 58-19-2

Which one looks like a rivalry?

wes-spit-take.jpeg

Take it up with the limp dicks at the state house. Maybe you could convince Tom Tancredo to take this up with the legislature. See if you might get them to withhold CU's state funding...all 3 dollars and 25 cents of it.

Oh, that's right. You weasles have spent all your time poking at CU, and have failed to bank any good will. You are like Baylor, but without the timing or political friends. Ooops. The deal is done. Too bad, so sad.

Hold on, hold on. Everybody stop for a second.

Am I understanding that our Lammie friend just punked the entire Allbuffs contingent by impersonating Baylor?

Awesome! Give up rep you stingy ****ers. Well done to you sir.

With A&M possibly being left behind - its time for CU fans to unite behind its state funded brother to ensure that the athletic dollars being thrown around don't head to Utah, but instead remain here in Colorado. Here is a case for the Rams as opposed to Utah. The Rams have competed before and could do it again.

MWC Titles: CSU - 3 Utah - 4
ESPN "Prestiege Ratings": CSU- 75 Utah - 43
PAC-10 Rival: CSU - CU; Utah - None
US News Academic Rankings: CSU - 128; Utah - 126
Athletic Revenue: CSU - $22,093,683; Utah: $26,949,805
Top 25 Finishes: CSU - 3; UTAH - 6

The state of Colorado and the CU program would benefit a great deal with CSU in the PacX. Screw Utah...if there is another seat at the "revenue" table - we should all be campaigning to keep that money here in Colorado. Not our neighbor to the West.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

wes-spit-take.jpeg

Take it up with the limp dicks at the state house. Maybe you could convince Tom Tancredo to take this up with the legislature. See if you might get them to withhold CU's state funding...all 3 dollars and 25 cents of it.

Oh, that's right. You weasles have spent all your time poking at CU, and have failed to bank any good will. You are like Baylor, but without the timing or political friends. Ooops. The deal is done. Too bad, so sad.

You have seen enough of my posts to know I that I am not serious about this. However, the responses I got are telling. Its interesting to me how toxic this environment between the two universities has become. While schools like Texas are going to bat for other universities in their state and schools like KU and KSU have shown suprising solidarity throughout this expansion proceess - that just is not happening in Colorado. I am not sure why that is.

You have seen enough of my posts to know I that I am not serious about this. However, the responses I got are telling. Its interesting to me how toxic this environment between the two universities has become. While schools like Texas are going to bat for other universities in their state and schools like KU and KSU have shown suprising solidarity throughout this expansion proceess - that just is not happening in Colorado. I am not sure why that is.

HELLO? Your university, fans and invisible to SLF alumns trash cu and bash this university all the time. Why would we have any good will toward you? The further away we are from csu the better.

I would have totally gone to bat for you guys if only Bradlee hadn't spiked the ball in our defender's face.

EDIT: Also, that solidarity thing you reference regarding Texas wasn't a good thing. It was ugly politics at the expense of the sport.

In all seriousness - even if it is a stretch. Their needs to be a contigent in this state that would campaign for such an inclusion. A move like that would be good for the entire state and it bring in much needed funds to another state institution. Seriously - why would Buffs fans be against that?

i support you CsquaredCC. It would be great for CSU to be in the Pac 10 with us but I don't see us having much pull so its not going to happen.

The thing is what you were suggesting would be something a csu fan would really suggest. KU and KSU have not shown any solidarity to each other just yet because there's been nothing on the table to make a move. And Texas isn't going to bat for the other school, the Texas State house is and it's yet to be seen how much they actually care.

If CSU was in the same conference as us for over 70 years (like ksu and kansas have), it would be different. Since we haven't been in the same conference, its tough to say we are joined to the hip.

You're kidding, right? Kansas will go to a major conference and leave Kansas State in a heart beat. And Texas and Texas A & M are hate each other, and A & M is considering bolting for the SEC.

You ****ing liar. I just went over to lambnation for the first time in years and a poster C2 is spouting the same nonsense. csu is like the fat ho with 8 kids by 9 different dads, that bitches about not getting enough food stamps to eat like the landlord that owns her building and works for a living.

Back